• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What do you guys think?

Glitter_Daddy

spiderlittle.jpg

Vinfang

Indie Game Artist / Telegram: vinfang
too much airbrush, dodge tool applications too even.

example, the 2 ears. they are of different distance, so the ear further to the light source should have more shadow than the closer one.

Also, when applying shadows, the edge touches on the light casts a hard edge, then gradually fade/soften. Airbrushing soft shadows only, implies a warped / misshapen from.

Hope this help you, keep up your studies 0w0

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I think that its alright. It's a bit hard to look at for me, not because it's bad - there's just a lot going on, and there doesn't seem to be a "focus" in the piece. My eyes are drawn everywhere due to all the "noise" (snow, fire, spider colors, spider eyes, human clothing, shadows, airbrush, etc). The actual color coordination is good, just needs balance.

Ziggy Schlacht

Hasn't figured out this "straight" business
I think that its alright. It's a bit hard to look at for me, not because it's bad - there's just a lot going on, and there doesn't seem to be a "focus" in the piece. My eyes are drawn everywhere due to all the "noise" (snow, fire, spider colors, spider eyes, human clothing, shadows, airbrush, etc). The actual color coordination is good, just needs balance.
I was going to suggest the same thing. It look me a long time to figure out what the picture was of - mostly because of the snow. And as Raever said, it's not bad - it's pretty good, you captured your goal, it's just getting it to the next step. I have a small number of tweaks I'd suggest looking at.

Removing the snow would help a lot - it can be falling behind them, but not in front. Then I would just change her cloak color, can still be green, but a different green than the Spider. That way it's obviously different.

The last question is how much do we need the fire and how much can we imply it with just a glow? While it's a very nice fire effect, it's distracting. It's acting like it's the focal point and it's the brightest thing on the page, but it's not at all what you want folks to look at. A glow tells us there's a fire, and we're good. It would also add some negative space, so you could tell where to look.