• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Do You Hate About the Body

pseudoart

Hey, this is to the ones around here who sleep sometimes. When some noise is on and you are about doze away without turning it off, does it get strangely...louder to you? I remember I fell asleep while the Empire Strikes Back was playing and a TIE fighter just got BLARING loud for no reason. No volume difference for the rest of the movie, just when I began to slip into dreamland with a pink puff ball and a fat penguin king.

I know that the human ear picks up frequencies on some kind of a curve. So it's easier for us to hear some tones than others. Which means that some sounds seem 'louder' at the same volume as others. Perhaps that's it?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I know that the human ear picks up frequencies on some kind of a curve. So it's easier for us to hear some tones than others. Which means that some sounds seem 'louder' at the same volume as others. Perhaps that's it?

I think it's more likely that the abrupt change from music to erroneous tie fighter engine made his brain go 'oshit amplify that potentially threatening noise!'.

pseudoart

I think it's more likely that the abrupt change from music to erroneous tie fighter engine made his brain go 'oshit amplify that potentially threatening noise!'.

heh, probably. I know my brain's done that while paying attention to the movie. It's a grating, if iconic noise.

yubhom

Dont start a fire with everything on one plug lol. And do you only hear the hum when around electronics?

I don't have all that much attached to it. Just a lamp, mah phone charger and an ihome. But yes, I only hear it around electronics. And sometimes I pick up radio frequencies.

Kennin

The excitable one
My personal issue: hardly being hungry at all. Part of it is my medications, but I just. Have. No. Urge. To. Eat. Which is why I'm skinny as all fuck.

Personally, I hate that when we catch a harmless virus that wouldn't really do anything to us, and our bodies say, "interferons!!!!!!!" and then we feel like crud over nothing thanks to our immune response. Then we blame the virus for making us feel cruddy and the immune system just smiles and laughs in our face.

Tybis

Me beautiful barnet!
I hate that's there's only two sets of teeth.
If they constantly regrew, then I wouldn't have to worry so much about dental care.

Fallowfox

I hate that's there's only two sets of teeth.
If they constantly regrew, then I wouldn't have to worry so much about dental care.

Yes, generally the human body could be better at regenerating.

My father knew a man however that had 3 sets of teeth, unfortunately they had all grown in at once.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I think all the functions are fine, i would just rather be most any other vertebrate though. Humans area bit boring feature wise, no fur, drab colours usually, completely rounded features, not tail or claws or anything, dont really seem to have anything special feature wise just the bare minimum. I think are senses are probably crappy aswell compared to other animals.

Fallowfox

I think all the functions are fine, i would just rather be most any other vertebrate though. Humans area bit boring feature wise, no fur, drab colours usually, completely rounded features, not tail or claws or anything, dont really seem to have anything special feature wise just the bare minimum. I think are senses are probably crappy aswell compared to other animals.

Human vision is really rather good as well as our sense of balance which I believe is actually the best in the animal kingdom.

Ouiji

Yes, generally the human body could be better at regenerating.

My father knew a man however that had 3 sets of teeth, unfortunately they had all grown in at once.

I've seen teeth sent from surgery from people with extra teeth. I was confused the first time I saw teeth numbered 38 and 40.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

My brother and I both had extra teeth...(we're twins we getta lot of the same shit) They would some times come out at the same time and braces were my thing from 4th to 8th grade...I never realized how odd it was to have so many teeth pulled until I was much older though. Stopped around my teens thank God...

Ariosto

I've come to disagree with the views presented above on body hair...

Anyway, what don't I like about the human body? Well, there's itching, paresthesia, flatulence, burping, hair loss, excretion, and that sensation of extremely cold forehead you get after drinking something. And the existence of the foot's pinky, I cannot count the times I've accidentally hit it against tables and doors. Wisdom teeth, too.

Last edited:

RitsukaAo

*side-eyes*
I dislike how quickly the senses start to deteriorate. I know I had perfect vision as an infant and child but now at 20, I can't see my hand in front of my face without glasses. Thick glasses like coke bottles. I know it's not typical for all people but it is disappointing how quickly the senses can deteriorate even without constant "abuse".

Kennin

The excitable one
My brother and I both had extra teeth...(we're twins we getta lot of the same shit) They would some times come out at the same time and braces were my thing from 4th to 8th grade...I never realized how odd it was to have so many teeth pulled until I was much older though. Stopped around my teens thank God...

Whats not quite as strange is how I was born with no wisdom teeth and several other adult teeth that never developed. Thank goodness it was symmetrical.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I got weird teeth aswell, apparanlty i got 1 less than everyone else, theres a small gap where there never was or will be one. Despite this extra room my bottom two wisdom teeth still came out on there sides, had the one removed, the other is close to a nerve but not causing problems yet.

meh_is_all

I→U
That our brain is in our head, and our head is supported by our neck, one of the most fragile parts of the body.

Fallowfox

I got weird teeth aswell, apparanlty i got 1 less than everyone else, theres a small gap where there never was or will be one. Despite this extra room my bottom two wisdom teeth still came out on there sides, had the one removed, the other is close to a nerve but not causing problems yet.

My teeth are pretty much fine, though I'm yet to see if I grow wisdom teeth [about half of people do not]. On the other hand my brother has what the dentist described as 'perfect' teeth complete with wisdoms. He hardly ever brushes so I'm rightly jealous of him. x3