• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What do you hate about the furry fandom?

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Just go anyway, it will be an entirely different experience for you. The ones we have annually are very small, like, 50 people, tops, the ones you have are a few thousand. Try not feeling socially awkward when you go to your first con with only 50 people and with no one you have actually met. Was fun though, had a lot of events, the food was great (we had on site chefs). But when some started getting a little creepy and started talking about sex and whatnot I thought hell naw, I'm here for the culture, not that culture.
Heh. You know what? You made me reconsider.
I haven't got a problem socially or anything. Meeting people is fine with me. Even if a bunch of pervs say hi to me, I'd be able to keep a good conversation going, but it might not be the kinda situation most people wanna find themselves in.
All part of the experience, I guess. I'll go to one sometime in the future, even if just for a taste of what it's like. Even if I feel out of my depth in weirdness, it'd be fun.

D

Deleted member 82554

Heh. You know what? You made me reconsider.
I haven't got a problem socially or anything. Meeting people is fine with me. Even if a bunch of pervs say hi to me, I'd be able to keep a good conversation going, but it might not be the kinda situation most people wanna find themselves in.
All part of the experience, I guess. I'll go to one sometime in the future, even if just for a taste of what it's like. Even if I feel out of my depth in weirdness, it'd be fun.

Eh, just don't look into to much or you'll talk yourself out of it. The best way I can explain my first time going it was like jumping into a comic book, or being in another dimension. From the first time I saw pet play (mostly head petting), to seeing others wearing partials and full fur suits, the first time I tried on a head (it was a dragon head made by a professional) and thought: I want one of these, this I must have (don't know why that appealed to me so much, I'm really not usually that nerdy), to just hugging it out with a full fur suiter was something else alright. ;~; It's not the sort of thing you forget about or regret being a part of.

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat
From what I've seen (so far), the people who have their heads so far up their asses that they block out every other opinion in the world.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
From what I've seen (so far), the people who have their heads so far up their asses that they block out every other opinion in the world.

That's not just the furry fandom, that's pretty much a decent majority of the human race

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat
That's not just the furry fandom, that's pretty much a decent majority of the human race
I'm aware, but I've been here for less than a day and I've already seen like 3 people acting like they're the king of the world.

D

Deleted member 82554

Look at what we're interested in. A culture like this is bound to attract a larger majority of creeps, peeps, freaks and generally more unstable people than what you would usually see in more "normal" cultures and crude behavior surprises you?

Interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maugryph

I'm aware, but I've been here for less than a day and I've already seen like 3 people acting like they're the king of the world.

We are a critical bunch on these forums but most of us are very friendly, we are just more open to say what's on our mind. If you need a hugbox, FA main is a much safer place to be.

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat
We are a critical bunch on these forums but most of us are very friendly, we are just more open to say what's on our mind. If you need a hugbox, FA main is a much safer place to be.
Please no. I'm super sick of all the waaay too friendly fandoms and shit. This is refreshing.

Illuminaughty

Ring-a-ding-ding, pal.
Hermaphrodites, hermaphrodites, everywhere.

Additionally, it's not exclusive to the furry fandom, but I'm a little sick of androgynous people being fetishized to the point that androgyny is considered a fetish in and of itself. It's not. It's a phenomenon wherein a person does not conform to the stereotypical visual ideal of their sex, leaving it open to ambiguous interpretation. What that has to do with latex, sexual intercourse and fetish gear, I have no clue.

Last edited:

Ieono

Uberaffe
The real question is what don't I hate about it. :V

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
That there are people who irrationally hate the fandom and that people within the fandom that feel that their liking of furry content is of grave importance in their lives.
Hermaphrodites, hermaphrodites, everywhere.
You should play Nier.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I'm really losing patience with furries who have more brains than actual sense (especially of the "social" or "common" variety).

So, for example, furries who waddle into a conversation and grandly state their opinion on a topic without first gauging the potential receptivity of others to that opinion.

Or, furries who smugly interject with "Actually..." and then proceed to say a bunch of stuff that isn't actually accurate or true.

Or, furries who give acquaintances or worse, total strangers wholly unwarranted, tactless, and inappropriate advice on things that are none of their business.

Or, furries who attempt to hold court and weigh in on issues that are definitely outside of their area of expertise or current understanding.

Or, furries who acknowledge that they're on the autism spectrum, but who still have a Grand Theory of Human Motivation and Behavior that they are eager to apply to everyone and everything.

Knowing your limitations is a wonderful thing.