• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What do you like to see in streams? (poll)

What you like to see/hear in streams:

• Music

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Animated gifs

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Still drawings/stickers

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Queue/what they're currently working on

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Videos to the side (movies or youtube videos)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Artist commentary (mic on)

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Nothing, just a bare stream

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I mute streams I watch

• Other (comment)

• Total voters

asthmacat

[asthmacat loved that]
i'm very much trying my best to get into the community, getting my art out there, and getting more commissions. i have yet to stream aside to friends and would love to get into streaming for other people to watch! my question is, what does everyone like to see in streams? i have my own personal pet peeves when i watch streams like twenty animated gifs all over the screen or a boarder that's way too thick and the stream being a tiny square. so i want to steer clear of things that get on peoples nerves! vote on the poll and leave suggestions/things you like to see/pet peeves in the comments : ) the poll is made up of what i mainly see in streams

TallmanClay

want taco
I feel like on twitch you're expected to use mic, but I mostly watch on picarto where people don't as much. So what I like is when artists talk in chat. I watch streams so that I can talk to people with similar interests. It's where I met every one of my online friends. If it's a stream with other people willing to have a conversation, it's all good. But sometimes the viewers act like they don't know they're allowed to talk unless the artist starts it.

asthmacat

[asthmacat loved that]
I feel like on twitch you're expected to use mic, but I mostly watch on picarto where people don't as much. So what I like is when artists talk in chat. I watch streams so that I can talk to people with similar interests. It's where I met every one of my online friends. If it's a stream with other people willing to have a conversation, it's all good. But sometimes the viewers act like they don't know they're allowed to talk unless the artist starts it.
i have seen a ton of dead chats on picarto with 20+ viewers. you’d think between 20 people one person could start a conversation!

N

Nyro46

I do enjoy having artist commentary, but understand those who prefer not to use a mic, at least talking in the chat is good.
Otherwise though, I don't really care as much what is shown in the actual video besides the drawing itself. As long as the stuff around isn't too distracting.

asthmacat

[asthmacat loved that]
I do enjoy having artist commentary, but understand those who prefer not to use a mic, at least talking in the chat is good.
Otherwise though, I don't really care as much what is shown in the actual video besides the drawing itself. As long as the stuff around isn't too distracting.
i am very new to streaming. as in, i've never streamed before on picarto. i only have my laptop so i don't want it to be annoying to have my chat popping up on the screen all the time. if anyone has suggestions of how to fix it or another way (like using your phone to chat while streaming or something), i'd appreciate it!

N

Nyro46

i am very new to streaming. as in, i've never streamed before on picarto. i only have my laptop so i don't want it to be annoying to have my chat popping up on the screen all the time. if anyone has suggestions of how to fix it or another way (like using your phone to chat while streaming or something), i'd appreciate it!
Oh yeah, that's true. I didn't really think of that, since when I have streamed (though rarely) I usually have two laptops so I can type in the chat in one, and use the other for the drawing and streaming.
You could use your phone to chat while streaming though, or just check the chat once in a while.