• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Do You Play When You're Stressed/Frustrated?

Tallow_Phoenix

Totally not a vampire
I misinterpreted the title as music; I usually listen to speedcore when I get too worked up (it ends up exhausting me).

As far as games go, I like good old Tetris Attack. Simple, and just as challenging as I want it to be.

AceQuorthon

International Man of Mystery
Brutal DooM always makes me feel better when I’m frustrated

BossRabbit

Patron Lapin
Mega Man is always my go-to game. Any of them, but I usually play 1-6 on NES or X1-X3 on SNES because before the releases of the legacy collections they were the easiest ones for me to get to on modern consoles. I don't like having a bunch of consoles plugged in at my TV, and most of my consoles are spread around my house. Now thanks to the digital collections on my Switch, I have access to almost every single Mega Man from any room of my house.

Mega Man has always been a constant in my life, and my parents were the super-strict types of "okay Rabbit you can go to your friend's house BUT ONLY AFTER we have lunch with their parents, and call all their neighbors, and have a PI do a sweep of the entire neighborhood, and get a copy of their house blueprints from the mayor to make a fire-escape path for you in an emergency, make sure your memorized every single possible ICE number you could possibly call in the event of an emergency, and tattoo you with all your allergies and..." Maybe not THAT bad, but still pretty close, so I can remember most of my elementary school years being locked up in my room playing my NES or SNES, so those games are just the most comforting to me. I used to just beat them all in a row, or just beat the same one over and over (resetting the NES). I think my record was I beat MM6 like ten times in one day. That one was always my favorite because of the Rush adapter suits.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
You had a rough day, you have access to video games, you sit down and start playing something.
What do you play when the day didn't go as you planed it?

When I'm in a really bad mood, I play Osu! or Warlords Awakening or Tales of Berseria.

The new DOOM game...heavy metal pumping beats while slaughtering demons brutally...it's great stress relief! :)

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
When I'm having a bad day I'll usually play either Monster Hunter GenU or Warframe while blaring thrash metal into my ears.

Usually takes my mind off everything.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
It's usually some kind of game I can zone out to and obliterate everything. Borderlands 3 is that game right now. It used to be the first Destiny game.

D

Deleted member 132067

When I'm having a bad day I'll usually play either Monster Hunter GenU or Warframe while blaring thrash metal into my ears.

Usually takes my mind off everything.
My boyyyyy!
I'm all with you on the Warframe train. There's especially something oddly relaxing with going on lower level-/endless missions and shooting away at the masses. Not a lot of thinking involved, many satisfying particle effects flying around...

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Rising Storm 2. Because Vietnam is relaxing! (It isn't but I do find the game actually does allow me to vent nicely.)

quoting_mungo

Depends on the stress and how I feel I need to deal with it; when I just need a distraction from high anxiety, something like modded Minecraft where I can immerse myself and kind of punt the problem to future me. When I feel more of a need to vent irritation with the world, crowd slashers (best term I can think of, the games where you're larger than life and kind of sword-slashing your way through hordes of enemies) like Ninety-Nine Nights or Bikini Zombie Slayers. Part of that may be that I generally suck at games, but those games are designed to have you cut swaths through armies, so I get to feel like I actually can make a dent in the enemies.

When I just feel too depressed to deal with the world but napping the day away isn't an option, I usually just play Sudoku on my phone. Following a set of clear instructions is soothing to me.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Depending on the mood. If I have stressful and fast day? Usually something slow like Thea, Stronghold or Civilization games.
When I want to escape the world? S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, mainly call of Pripyat

And when I want some quick action? Mother Russia Bleeds, Painkiller, sometimes Dark Souls

Edit: My advice, when you are angry then avoid strategy and grand strategy games or you might break your keyboard with your forehead (yes I did it already -_-)

Giana36

For me, it depends. For some things I'll play NDS games like "Warioware TOUCHED!", Cooking Mama, and Atari VCS games via Stella emulator.
Other times I'll play DOOM 1 or 2 or Heretic along with corresponding WADs for them, as well as Duke Nukem 3D on Eduke32.

Sairn

Sairn the Majestic
One game I always go back to is Fallout New Vegas. I never fail to find at least one thing I didn't find in my last playthrough. I think I have about 20 playthroughs at this point... I swear I'm not addicted to it D:

You had a rough day, you have access to video games, you sit down and start playing something.

When I'm in a really bad mood, I play Osu! or Warlords Awakening or Tales of Berseria.
Forza horizon 1, if I'm just bored. I play Skyrim almost every hour of the day no matter how I feel. I play Oblivion when I just don't feel like playing Skyrim. And I play BO2 when I just feel dead inside.

FFIX, Stardew Valley, Skyrim & similar open-world Fantasy rpgs. Games without long dialogue/movie scenes for the afternoon, chapters where I can just veg out doing repetitive errands :D

Breyo

Professional Nibbler
Stardew Valley, Minecraft (even though I kinda stopped), Elite Dangerous, etc.

Basically just any game where I can just do things at my own pace and still have the ability to dive into some action when I want to.

RPG games are also nice to play because I like the feeling of being able to get immersed in another world that isn't this one. It helps me keep my mind off of things :D

Kreedos

I love to play horror games or games that involve a lot of concentration like League of Legends. Games are one of the best forms of stress relief. Besides maybe cuddles ;)

Mr.Foox

Daddy Fooxy

Usually when I'm not in the best of moods I play any dark souls game or resident evil game on the hardest difficulty!

Spartan-666

"I need a weapon" - John-117
Mostly first person shooters, but pretty much any game where the objective is to just get to the end of the level, killing anyone or anything that gets in the way.