• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What do you think of my Avatar?

Rocky_Orepaz

The Wolf from Space
It's BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE
Is that bad? D:

I don't exactly know how to make an avatar like yours, what do you use? I used only SAI to make this.

Sai is so hard to use by itself. I'd rather use PS.

Last edited:

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
Is that bad? D:

I don't exactly know how to make an avatar like yours, what do you use? I used only SAI to make this.

Sai is so hard to use by itself. I'd rather use PS.

It makes no difference whether you use photoshop, or SAI, or Artrage, or Krita, or MSPaint.
What will help you is to do studies of the animals you are basing your fursona on and to get to grips with the basic fundamentals of drawing. You will learn a lot more like that than experimenting with SAI.

Maugryph

It looks good dude. Keep up the good work.

He is asking for a critique, not praise. Telling an artist that it looks good when you see a mistake is a disservice to the artist and robs him/her a chance at improving their skills; Of course you should only critique when it's asked for (like now)

@Rocky Orepaz. I think you have a good start. There are some porportal things that are off such as the eyes being extremely high. I agree with Tiamat, do more studies of wolves so you can understand the anatomy better. Also mirror your painting every few minutes, this will let you see your art in a new perspective and makes it easier to fix errors.

Rocky_Orepaz

The Wolf from Space
I have noticed that. The eyes are high, and so are they abnormally small. Well, I'm currently creating a more detailed version of it, with the fixes, so look forward to it!

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
It's a start.

You should enroll to maugryph's art classes.
Enroll now and you'll get a free bad dragon dildo

Maugryph

It's a start.

You should enroll to maugryph's art classes.
Enroll now and you'll get a free bad dragon dildo

Ha. ha. ha.
I don't think I would ever be ready to instruct anyone in person, that's why i link to tutorial videos :3
Of course, I guess that wouldn't matter; if I offered a free dragon dildos, my class room would be jam-packed :V

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Is it because he's smiling nervously?

Ooooooh! i was just about to ask about that.
if it's a nervous smile, then good for you, you nailed it. if you were shooting for a genuine smirk, you failed. :V Seriously though, if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. if you want to try again, i'd aim for a 3/4 turn like Mika's. That way it doesn't look so much like a mugshot. -And unless you're dead set on that design, i'd give some dimension to the side/back of his ears and tuck his hair behind or draw in some detail in front. Ears sitting atop flat colored hair sometimes look like fake hairband ears.

Maugryph

I see that you made a new icon. It is much better then your last one. I can see more confidence in it.Good job. The major thing that bothers me is that the eye and hair fluff are just 'floating' on the face as there is no anatomy around the eye to anchor it down I also don't understand why you drew hair fluff below the eye, it serves no purpose and looks wierd. .you still don't quite understand wolf anatomy and should practice drawing the face of real wolves. Keep up the good work.

Rocky_Orepaz

The Wolf from Space

I see that you made a new icon. It is much better then your last one. I can see more confidence in it.Good job. The major thing that bothers me is that the eye and hair fluff are just 'floating' on the face as there is no anatomy around the eye to anchor it down I also don't understand why you drew hair fluff below the eye, it serves no purpose and looks wierd. .you still don't quite understand wolf anatomy and should practice drawing the face of real wolves. Keep up the good work.
This is great advice! I'll keep this in mind while drawing my next, I'm currently studying the legs of fursonas. Digitigrade legs are kinda confusing for some angles. Btw, my next drawing is gonna be an attempted 3-d.

Rocky_Orepaz

The Wolf from Space
I'm gonna try to make it like yours, not vector. Vector is getting kinda boring. I mean you don't just see the side of him.