• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What do you wear in a heatwave?

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
As a Texan, nothing in the privacy of your home. In public, a t-shirt. It's really up to you whether you wear pants or shorts, because shorts permit your legs to breathe, but pants provide greater protection from the sun.

Drink plenty of water, and if you aren't doing that, then drink something on ice to bring down your core temperature.

Ratical

No one said fursuit; guess we're not that committed.

I wear a t-shirt/polo and jeans pretty much year-round. I bust out of the shorts only if it's blistering, letting my skinny pale chicken legs go "free range". Gotta be desperate, though cuz they could blind someone.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
That's the secret. I do not go outside.
Basement dweller. :V

I do sometimes ask myself if going outside without a bra if it's like, over 30C/80F would be inappropriate. Fortunately I've never had to find out, but when I lived as a guy I still had boobs (don't ask my why I had boobs before hormone therapy, idfk) that led to some sexual harassment. :S

Last edited:

grassfed

Indica Dominant
Here we had a streak of 100F+ just the other week, I just wear T-shirts and basketball shorts most of the time.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
...khakis?

Luca

Lined my brain with more eyes
All I ever wear all summer long is simple t-shirt and some of those longer gym shorts. It's about as cool as you can get with clothes on.

Kaizy

Emotional Mess
I wear the same shit year-round. T-shirts, jeans, and shoes.
The only alteration I do with my wardrobe is during the winter or cooler days when I wear a hoodie and maybe a scarf.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
On my days off I wear sandals, swim trunks, and a tank top. When I work I have to wear black pants, a t-shirt, apron, black boots, and hat. I'm so happy that we have a working air conditioner at work this year, sometimes you can actually feel the cool air.

Saokymo

Art Cookie
T-shirts, jeans, and steel-toed boots with knee socks. Pretty much what I wear during the winter minus a layer or two. I may sweat like a stuck pig in the Texas heat for it, but as long as I drink enough water it's really not that bad. I can always step into one of the freezers at work to cool off right away, too.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
At work, I'm stuck with business casual, so I sweat and bitch.

At home, usually shorts and a tshirt. Almost all of my tshirts are band related, so almost all of them are black. Doesn't always work well with hot weather. If no one's home, I go shirtless. NEver naked though, because the human body is disgusting.

Super hot weather is what makes me wish it was socially acceptable for a dude to wear a skirt. All the women get to wear light, breathable clothing and I'm stuck in jeans or khakis. :\

Mei

Aderpable Fluffbutt
Super hot weather is what makes me wish it was socially acceptable for a dude to wear a skirt. All the women get to wear light, breathable clothing and I'm stuck in jeans or khakis. :\

^ Kilt. My friend wears one... and he does it traditional-style ~.^

I'm sure those airport security guards are still having night terrors... *shudder*

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
A collared shirt, a long-sleeve ESD smock, work pants, a safety vest and a black hat as mandated by my workplace.

Fuck everything.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
^ Kilt. My friend wears one... and he does it traditional-style ~.^

I'm sure those airport security guards are still having night terrors... *shudder*
Not sure how well that would go over. For now, I'll just silently vent as I die of heatstroke :[

Erzyal

Keeper of useless information
Hawaiian shirt and some sort of shorts

Tao

Hare Boi
I live in Alabama, where it's been about 100F or almost 38C constantly. I usually wear two shirts, long jeans and boots because I'm used to the heat.

Bodie_Z

I've been working an internship at a water bottling plant this summer. It's always 115F+ and like 80% humidity in the plant and were required to wear long pants. You walk in and instantly start sweating, but you get used to it after a few months :p

meowtacles

I live where it is over 100degrees almost the entire summer and some of spring and fall. I tend to wear dresses/ shorts and tank tops and flip flops/ just stay in the house. At work I am forced to wear socks and shoes and pants and a t-shirt and it is torture. You pretty much just have to suck it up and try not to shrivel up, because you're gonna be hot no matter what you wear.

Esorono

Right now I am wearing an under shirt, a dress shirt, a pleather vest, beige pants, and dress shoes. Luckily it's been pretty cool lately, only about 85F or 30C.

Keeroh

Shinies Snatcher
Sundresses are the best. Sundresses+thin linen shawls+big floppy sunhat keep you from turning into a tomato and its so breezy and airy, and you don't feel like you're wearing a potato sack. Always a good plan.

Alternatively stay home naked and blast the AC up your ass until you feel like you've left the fourth circle of hell.