• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What does FAF mean to you?

B

BlueWorrior

So my activity had dwindled here recently, The reason for that is honestly because I've found a better way of communicating to furries in a more convenient way for me. I now interact with the fandom using Discord now and it's been so much more suitable for my needs. I probably won't leave here though, I'll still visit every once in a while, check up on things ^w^
But why do you guys use FAF? what does this website mean to you? and what does FAF offer that other methods of interacting with the fandom don't?

Yakamaru

Autumn Wolf
FAF for me is FAF. FAF = Fun As Fuck.

I for the most part shitpost, shitpost while providing facts, provide facts THEN shitpost and sometimes just provide facts. If the moron on the other end doesn't get it I start the shitposting.

Every day you see something new, from more shitposters to snowflakes.

FoxInTheCloset

The Over Caffeinated Vulpine
I come here to read stuff when I need to cringe into another dimension.

But yee, I pretty much switched to discord too.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Occasionally dropping in to make friends.
Also occasionally running into the occasional asshole to block.
Sometimes a free custom adult image made for me.

So pretty much everywhere else on the internet.

I came here to interact, but I find myself mostly just lurking around threads wondering what to post. Then not really posting anything besides maybe what song I'm listening to. But it's my only way of interacting with the fandom, so there you go.

PoptartPresident

A teen chatter box
I like talking to intelligent people who tend to be furries.
Why is that?

I dunno. But it works and cures the boredom.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Surprisingly it has been less about being furry than I had originally thought. For me, it's a significant upgrade from the forum I have posted on before for a long time, which was full of stupid edgy 13 - 15 year olds who couldn't hold a discussion for more than a microsecond. Here I can actually talk to people who give meaningful replies and that makes me feel happy.

A

aloveablebunny

Hmm, guess I should look into joining Discord then.

I come for the lulz sometimes, and others to engage in relevant conversations about controversial or non-controversial topics.

And also to be amused at the shitposting, courtesy of @Yakamaru and @Sergei Sóhomo

Foxsh

For me, it's a way out of my bubble. I have really bad anxiety and I tend to hide myself away from the world only communicating with my husband, brother and my coworkers. It's not healthy for me to do that. >_< I use the forum to try and be social and put myself out there... well, when I can.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

For me, it's a way out of my bubble. I have really bad anxiety and I tend to hide myself away from the world only communicating with my husband, brother and my coworkers. It's not healthy for me to do that. >_< I use the forum to try and be social and put myself out there... well, when I can.
Sounds a lot like me. Up til about six months ago, when I found out what a Furry was, what the fandom was, and anthro art! My wife tells me I fell down the rabbit hole and have yet to hit the bottom.

ExtinguishedHope

I lost my sock
I think it's convenient for commissions and other art stuff, as well as breaking away from boredom and enjoying general conversations and opinions for other furfags.

FAF is just kinda neato.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

I have only been on online chat and forums since May. Out of all the Furry places I found, I liked this one the most. The people here have been cool to talk with these past three/four months. I really enjoy it here.

xofrats

The cat said what?
To me, FAF is the place where none of my real life friends are. None of them are furries and they don't want to talk about anything slightly furry.
So it's nice to have a place where I can use my cat avatar and post furry pictures and use the :3 smiley!

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
FAF, for all it's worth, is an effective means to interact with others in the community in a relatively respectable and private manner.

Forum sites have always been this way, unburdened by both the invasive nature of social media and the niche restraints of an online gallery.

C

chaos_1152

So far its better than other furry forums I've used. Like one were i got harassed for not liking the xbox one or full of cringy teens like /r/furry.

LycanTheory

Free to good home.
I prefer forums because I'm usually bogged down with real life and don't have much free time. FAF is a way for me to stay involved in the community at my own pace and most of the furs here are really awesome and friendly. :)

O

Okami_No_Heishi

I prefer forums because I'm usually bogged down with real life and don't have much free time. FAF is a way for me to stay involved in the community at my own pace and most of the furs here are really awesome and friendly. :)
I agree with Lycan. FAF gives me somewhere to hang out, without the cares of daily life. Adulting can get downright rough sometimes.