• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What does the community think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wut

Member
Artplz's release date is still set sometime between Duke Nukem Forever's release and the apocalypse Xax, FYI.

Ps: .
 

Myr

Big Dragon
Xax said:
p.s. Oh right, and Wolfblade? Asking random people to support you is only one step removed from sockpuppeting. Try asking #furaffinity or posting a FA journal or basically keeping it in the community.**

** I should point out that not every user of FA is part of the community.
And the entire site does not revolve around the forums and IRC. There are thousands more people on the entire site that have an opinion on this matter and although their opinion is not popular with you and some others it still can get out. Requesting people to join in and voice their opinion is not a call to arms nor a way of forcing people to be a part of something they don't want to. People came to this thread voluntarily because of recent events on this site relating to myself and Arcturus. Nobody was forced but they were given the link. If anything, this really highlights that "silent majority" of users who don't want to get involved in things, but when something big enough shows up they will read and take note. Wolfblade linked people to his post, and as you know it's pretty long. For people to read all of that and post shows their intent on being a part of what's going on around here. A good dozen or more people have chosen to get involved and that number may increase.

There's a lot of people who are highly upset at all the downtime and hackings in the past year and a half. Not all of them were caused by Arc, but some of them were and we know that. While you have a different view of Arcturus, a lot of people have their own views. Most people just want to use the site and get on with their lives, but this unbanning is such a big deal we have a lot of people stopping by and multiple threads popping up with multiple posts indicating it's a pretty huge matter. It critically underscores the need to understand what our core userbase thinks and feels rather than just a sampling from the forums and IRC. Not that people here are unimportant however. We have a good thousand plus of active users and here there's maybe a hundred or two.



Now I have tried to stay out of this because it makes me uncomfortable. I do want to sincerely thank everyone that's taken the time to post here and read what's going on. Same for everyone that may chose to do so in the future. I really appreciate the support. >^.=.^<
 

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Myr said:
Wolfblade linked people to his post, and as you know it's pretty long. For people to read all of that and post shows their intent on being a part of what's going on around here. A good dozen or more people have chosen to get involved and that number may increase.

Umm that's actually the problem, not everyone READS the posts, they see "hey this cool aritst I happened to watch posted this so I'll just show support *GO TEAM*"

It's not that I don't have a problem with people voicing their opinion but I'm no way naive in thinking that a lot of these people actually read and/or comprehended the post.
 

Xax

Member
Myr said:
And the entire site does not revolve around the forums and IRC. There are thousands more people on the entire site that have an opinion on this matter and although their opinion is not popular with you and some others it still can get out. Requesting people to join in and voice their opinion is not a call to arms nor a way of forcing people to be a part of something they don't want to. People came to this thread voluntarily because of recent events on this site relating to myself and Arcturus. Nobody was forced but they were given the link. If anything, this really highlights that "silent majority" of users who don't want to get involved in things, but when something big enough shows up they will read and take note. Wolfblade linked people to his post, and as you know it's pretty long. For people to read all of that and post shows their intent on being a part of what's going on around here. A good dozen or more people have chosen to get involved and that number may increase.
And considering Wolfblade had to correct several of those people, I don't think they read his whole post through. Not to mention, his post is just as biased as mine is (which is to say, significantly) and for a lot of these new users this is all the information about this situation they have, and there are reams of background information that could be useful.

(also, most of the people posting seem to be of the 'scared furry' type who see hackers lurking behind every corner, and don't actually seem to know what hacking actually is. Or they are the overly-polite decency police. Either way, I have a hard time taking them seriously.*)

* to footnote, I realize there are all manners of logical fallicies in that last sentence, but they are just the logical fallicies people generally use while debating (that being "I don't like this person's views on [x], therefore their views on [y] are flawed or unimportant", otherwise known as "Ad hominem") so I don't feel really bad saying this because if need be I can back up my 'fearful personality => lack of information/lack of logical though' connection, which would make it a legitimate argument.
 

Goliath

New Member
kitetsu said:
Really, do any of you even grasp the greater concept of the word "forgiveness"? Try NOT answering that.

There's nothing wrong with forgiveness and second chances... But Arcturus is on, like his 20th second chance. How much longer should we have to put up with his behaviour before we say enough is enough?

Fool me once, shame on you...
Fool me twice, shame on me... and we're tired of being fooled.
 

Acroth

New Member
For Arc to be as smart as he is with finding holes in systems, I still see he's just too immature and childish going about proving his hacking ability than just informing of the problems. Secondly starting websits that steal or post artists artworks that are DNP and basically telling the artist "Hey F you I bought your art cd at a con and wanted to show it off" its ridiciolous, I don't think Arc can be trusted with the responsbility even if its in an unoffical capicity. He could do alot of good things if he quite trying to show off and get pissed at people who think differently. I think the Admins and mods now are doing a good job, sure there will be asses that pop up and try to disrupt but you have to take the good with the bad. As with Arc even in a unoffical since I still wouldn't trust him to go back and runor cause grief like he did before.
 

MaLaKa

New Member
Only certain people are being given the full story. I put together what I see on here and what is said. Thou I dont like listening to hear-say. For people who think other people are ill-informed with information before saying somthing, Shouldnt a thread be made by somone know knows the full details?
Least then if the full details are out there, it will stop any miss-guided posts or what not. Atm I am sitting on the fence watching both sides.
 

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
MaLaKa said:
Shouldnt a thread be made by somone know knows the full details?
Least then if the full details are out there, it will stop any miss-guided posts or what not. Atm I am sitting on the fence watching both sides.
There was.
 

Myr

Big Dragon
Xax, logical fallacies are so common though... Life is full of them and double standards and the whole works. We can't really be rid of them even after trying.





Everyone involved, I have to lock this thread now because we have an official one up and everything is going to be diverted over to there. You can view the official one here: http://www.furaffinityforums.net/showthread.php?tid=2710

I do appreciate all the people that were concerned about me earlier. >^.=.^< For everyone discussing Arc, the new official thread will have more details. There is also a post earlier from Xax and Wolfblade's at the start of this thread to see the two viewpoints from someone that knows Arc and someone that doesn't know Arc, respectfully.

OFFICIAL THREAD/EXPLANATION HERE: http://www.furaffinityforums.net/showthread.php?tid=2710
This thread is locked by fellow administrator request.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top