• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What does your 'sona mean to you?

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
When planning my invasion of this forum, I realized that one of the necessities of getting a place here was to have recodnisable avatar or representation of myself, thus the fursona. Using that observation, I concluded that I needed something to use as a vessel into the fandom. Given a day or two I decided that feraligatr was the best canidate for my vessel to the abyss. For originality's sake, I made some personalizations to the water Pokémon (green eyes, stripes on the snout) and was ready to go.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
It means nothing to me. Just some drawing I like.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Stop butchering my language you meanie ;~;
Grwah rofw waaf.
My wolfaboo is a bit rusty, but that should mean that I agree with you.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
WEll at least they know more than "Rowr Yiff yiff yiff Yiff yiff? yiff!"
But "yiff" is like the Finnish "PERKELE!".
It is all you need to know to speak the language fluently

Seekrit

But "yiff" is like the Finnish "PERKELE!".
It is all you need to know to speak the language fluently

Finland here I come! Gonna take me a job and some of your women.

My breadsona is what happens when you make too many bread puns, as well as blatant sexualisation of baked goods. Also sergals are cool.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Finland here I come! Gonna take me a job and some of your women.

My breadsona is what happens when you make too many bread puns, as well as blatant sexualisation of baked goods. Also sergals are cool.
Perkele! perkeleperkele? Perkele?!

Yeah sergals are cool and easy to make your own.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
I like to look at my sona in a sensual manner.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I dont see a fursona as another seperate character from me but just as what i want to be if that makes sense, kinda like an avatar of me i guess if i wasnt human. There's nothing i'd rather be more than a wolf, they just seem perfect to me, everything about them is awesome. I love carnivores for the services they do to the ecosystem, kinda like guardians to the environment, being the hardcore nature lover that i am that suits me perfectly, plus hunting is a hell of a lot more thrilling than eating plants. They also live in my favorite kind of environment, and i would love having fluffy fur ^_^

-edit- Thats more where i got the idea from rather than what it is i guess.

Its an escape i guess, i can forget all the encroaching concrete and BS of society when im imagining myself in some beautiful natural environment devoid of any human touch, where the only thing that truely matters are raw natural activities like getting food so we survive.

Last edited:

gorgonops

I didn't intend to have one this time around. I'm too broke to suit, I've no interest in roleplay, I just draw, so what was the point? But then I realized I was using a particular character of mine in about the same way (just drawing her doing things I'd do or in situations I was going through) so, eh.

She's a character I've had since I was... 12, I want to say? It probably explains her super original design (wolf with a facial scar! how edgy and unique!). She's the character I have the earliest drawings of, and the one I apparently chose to re-draw every few years just to use as a benchmark. She was originally pretty diametrically opposed to me. Being your average internet teenager, I was convinced I was so "random" and charming and hilarious, so using a fundamentally unhappy character as an avatar for myself didn't make sense at the time. And she had a complete backstory, which I've since ditched for being awful, so she just was her own separate thing.

And then I lost interest in the furry thing for a while, then got it back, and now that I'm back to drawing this stuff again, I'm a much more muted sort of person. I dunno. Chose to draw her again for shits and giggles a little while ago and just haven't really stopped. She works well being drawn upset/drunk or otherwise miserable, so I just end up drawing her a lot.

I may eventually come up with one that's less run of the mill, but eh, I'm not terribly bothered by it.

Derron116

Zephyris Redsnout
I decided on a Utahraptor due to the very fact that I love them the most out of all Dinosaur species, and the Dinosaur is my favorite clade of animal, anyways after I first truly identified as a furry, I started trying to figure out my own fursona for the heck of it, so after the above process I knew he had to be a Utahraptor, then I thought up basic details, which can be seen on my DA and of course on this sub-forum. I then thought I might as well try to find someone to draw my fursona, I tried and failed of course, so then I found a fursona creator, and used it to create an image I'll use until I either find someone to draw up my fursona for free or until I can commission one. Redjaw is pretty much me on the internet except perhaps some of my worse details, I might just make those a part of him as well though, I'm sure I will flesh him out more as I continue forward

speedactyl

Eccentric Friendly Aviator
I decided on a Utahraptor due to the very fact that I love them the most out of all Dinosaur species, and the Dinosaur is my favorite clade of animal, anyways after I first truly identified as a furry, I started trying to figure out my own fursona for the heck of it, so after the above process I knew he had to be a Utahraptor, then I thought up basic details, which can be seen on my DA and of course on this sub-forum. I then thought I might as well try to find someone to draw my fursona, I tried and failed of course, so then I found a fursona creator, and used it to create an image I'll use until I either find someone to draw up my fursona for free or until I can commission one. Redjaw is pretty much me on the internet except perhaps some of my worse details, I might just make those a part of him as well though, I'm sure I will flesh him out more as I continue forward

Interesting.... some times have difficulty drawing.

Toshabi

Banned
Banned
Okay so the story behind me and my fursona dates back a long time ago actually. This was back when the virtual boy first came out in the United States. it was my 5th birthday and I had the choice between getting the next Madden '07 game or I get to take what was behind the mystery box. So knowing my dumbass self, I decided to take the box instead of the game that could potentially hold every answer to future bets on future hockey games. So I'm fucking dumb as hell and my dad really emphasized the point when he pulled the curtain that the box was in. On. Whatever. Anyways he did that and it revealed two tickets to board my dad's private Yacht, the S.S. Minnow Johnson. So I packed my things and my dad drove me to the docks and there I was. I went aboard the yacht and actually met a guy who was the richest guy in L.A. at the time, Reginald Denny. this was right before he finished his screen play to Battle L.A. and he liked me and was like "hey kid, if you proof read this entire script for me, I'll go ahead and I will give you a this piece of paper". Seeing how I wasn't into child labor and all, I decided to do it anyway because I really wanted that piece of paper.

During this some bimbo came over and was like "Hey Toshabi, what are you doing on my lot?" and I was like "no this is my dad's yacht" and she was like "No this is the Red Dragon" and I was like "OH SHIT THE RED DRAGON" and since I didn't have a ticket or whatever, I ended up getting picked up and thrown off the boat. So while I was drowning to death, I actually had a very euphoric vision of a man ridding on a hippo while eating a plate of lobster and was like "Hey Toshabi, come ride with me and I'll take you to a land where the McLobster is a real thing". But I fucking hated lobster. So I took out my guns and was like "Hey man, my mommy told me not to talk to people like you so you put your hands in the air" and he stopped me and got off his hippo and was like "Look Toshabi, these guys actually held us up at McDonalds and replaced our whole menu with sea food items because it's apparently healthier", so just then I was sent on my quest to go battle the entire nation of San Francisco. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the guy from Smash Mouth (the really fat and ugly one) and he was like "I want my fucking McChicken". So I went up to the main window of McDonalds and was like "Hey! What's up with the seafood?" and they were like "If we give you this fursona design, will you leave us alone?" So I agreed and at the time, furries didn't even exist so I didn't even know what a fursona was or anything. But with it came the deed to furaffinity. There was some fat loser called uh near-sighted dragon. And he was like "Hey I haven't eaten for days so I will trade you this McChicken for that deed. I agreed and i took the McChicken to the smash mouth guys and the guy was just like "Thanks Toshabi! Now I can be in a Rock n Roll band."

I created Smash mouth.

Oh and he took my character design and sold it to Lauren Faust.

After that I hung myself.

The end.

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
I must admit this could almost turn into a rant when asked about my sona. the guy to the left here, is a self portrait I did a couple of years ago. He is my online representation so that I can speak, act and just plain be myself, at least on the forums. I live in a very repressive, religious, small town where they won't even let a seafood resteraunt come to town as the ancient city council who have been there for over a hundred years, are so stuck in a rut that a bulldozer could not move them, does not like seafood. It took Walmart seven years to convince them we needed a store. I would rather have gotten a long john silvers or a red lobster!
Anyway my sona represents to me many things I can not express in person, and some that I more than I should. I have seen too much death, so I care about people in the here and now. Some people can't understand that, they just don't get it. In a lot of ways he represents what I am and what I want to become.
He has the wonderful ability to push me, even if it is only in my imagination, to new things. He even got me join FAF instead of just sitting there starring at him in a note tablet. So in short, yes he means a lot.
PS: most of the artists who are willing to post works on the internet know full well that the occasional work will be ..uh.. borrowed. As long as it is not for profit it is a form of praise! Most of mine are parts of books and were copy writed as a part of the book, but still maybe some day one will be good enough that someone will borrow it.

Seekrit

That's what my doctor said. My astrologist says I just have a wonderful imagination gifted to me by my power animal constellation, Sega Saturn.

May Segata Sanshiro watch over you always:

[video=youtube;joNwYPdEBTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc[/video]

S

Sar

I don't have like an extravagant Legend-of-Zelda like story behind it. That would be dumb.