• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What dose your desktop look like

L

LupusFamilia

technically you can already make such backgrounds, but idk if it works on PC... also such backgrounds would take a bunch more ressources then a normal background.

L

LupusFamilia

Especially power
ummm not quite correct tbh. The PC must anyways sent a picture to the Desktop the whole time so it woult effectively become the same electrical usage except the advanced power supplyment for the ressources.

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
Everything is jumbled on one screen because my second monitor died the other day T.T
desktops.jpg

Z

Zaddict16

There is a way you can set GIFS and live wallpapers as the background but...360 degree wallpapers would (depending on your computers hardware) cause the computer to significantly lag.

Mystic Thunder

Worse than a grounded pilot: a grounded pegasus
ummm not quite correct tbh. The PC must anyways sent a picture to the Desktop the whole time so it woult effectively become the same electrical usage except the advanced power supplyment for the ressources.
Sorry, that was based on my relatively shitty CPU where the processing power required for such a BG would draw waaaay too much power and ultimately destroy my battery life... also, it would force additional systems to come online specifically for the support of said BG. My bad

Z

Zaddict16

It would still be a cool concept...maybe for garbage consoles it could work. *cough* Xbox One, *cough* PS4. Sorry, had to clear my throat there. :p

Multoran

I'm rather minimalistic...
[I have it set so the task bar doesn't show unless I move my mouse down there.]

L

LupusFamilia

Sorry, that was based on my relatively shitty CPU where the processing power required for such a BG would draw waaaay too much power and ultimately destroy my battery life... also, it would force additional systems to come online specifically for the support of said BG. My bad
I assume you have a Laptop then?
That would explain why you have CPU problems cause modern Laptops or Laptops in general have a cutted-down hardware to save energy... so lets say a Notebok I3 would bring maybe the half or maximum 3/4 of computing power from a Tower-I3 cause they can use more power...
But again, as long as you havent some PC back from the '00s or downward, your PC should be able to managa average-sized programs except you turn on every of the graphic additions windows haves and render everything in HD...
Also um, whats a BG?^^

Mystic Thunder

Worse than a grounded pilot: a grounded pegasus
I assume you have a Laptop then?
That would explain why you have CPU problems cause modern Laptops or Laptops in general have a cutted-down hardware to save energy... so lets say a Notebok I3 would bring maybe the half or maximum 3/4 of computing power from a Tower-I3 cause they can use more power...
But again, as long as you havent some PC back from the '00s or downward, your PC should be able to managa average-sized programs except you turn on every of the graphic additions windows haves and render everything in HD...
Also um, whats a BG?^^
True. Try as I might, I cannot overcome the Laptop status of my computer... oh well. And BG == Background

Yakamaru

Darn tootin'
#NewWallpapers
Will probably change'em again soon.

Yakamaru

Darn tootin'
L

LupusFamilia

Believe it or not, yes. I like the Leopard 2 and its newer iterations.
No conflict here, me as a german is always proud to see someone admire our skills of engineering instead of hate on them cause WWII

Yakamaru

Darn tootin'
No conflict here, me as a german is always proud to see someone admire our skills of engineering instead of hate on them cause WWII
The Germans were at LEAST 15-20 years ahead of everyone else in the 2nd World War in terms of technology, ideas and designs. Not to mention encryption. The Enigma Machine were insane for its time. If they didn't give the machine a flaw which allowed the Allies to know what the Germans were up to the entire war, the 2nd World War would've gone in a very different direction.

The Panther, Tiger and Tiger II, aka King Tiger. The Germans were also the first to use angled armor. Their 88mm were effective as fuck both as anti-Air AND anti-tank.

I do not condone the atrocities done by either party during the wars, but I won't deny the fact that the Germans were way ahead of the Allies in terms of technology, tactics and strategies.

L

LupusFamilia

Oh I got a little dyslexic on that one lol. The one of the right is from Zoophobia , which is a awesome comic by Vivienne Medrand. The one of the left you asked about is a epic pic by ryky on D.A ^^
Maybe i saw it there ^^
What's the comic about?