• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What dream/nightmare sticks in your head?

Zenkiki

The softest little kitty
What is a dream or nightmare that has stuck in your head for years? Is it because it is creepy? Happy? What caused it? Why do you remember it?

I remember way back when I was in kindergarten or first grade (this is why I say remember it for years) it was the week before the first day of school and I dreamt of oddly the first day of school, but just any first day.

First we were walked down the hall to the gym where a girl injected something into each of our wrists. I was thrid or fourth in line, and once we had it injected we were guided up the steps onto the auditorium stage built into the gym side, waiting just outside the red curtain.

Slowly my friends walked inside infront of me and after standing there for a little I was walked inside, seeing people being cryogenically frozen or blast freezing them into giant ice cubes then moving them deeper into the auditorium. I ran out the auditorium hearing the hissing of more people being frozen and then the barking of dogs coming after me.

After I burst through the curtains nothing happened and then a separate dream started that I also remember really well.
----------
The dream might have been because I was cold or something but ever since then I've always been freezing. I'm laying in bed with thermal a thermal long-sleeve, two heavy blankets and a heavy comforter and I am still cold. I wear a heavy jacket in the basement...

I thought I might share this and see what other weird or interesting dreams you guys remember and what caused them if you remember.

ArtGirl205

Also a big fan of the Joker
I've had a lot of nightmares in the past.

Back when I was 5 or 6 years old I once had a nightmare
where a spider was dropped on my head and I still remember it.

Another one I remember is
one where someone who was likely me died and it played out like a game over sequence
I still remember The disappointed little girl throwing up the words game over above her head
Before walking off with a crowd of other kids the music
I remember was what stuck with me.

Also had a horrible dream once
We're my dog Lucy (now deceased)
Was thrown to the floor with a force so hard
She lost her head

I have no idea or remember what exactly
caused these nightmares

DergenTheDragon

The cutest derg
When I was little the ceiling lampshade in my room, no matter which angle you looked at it from, it looked like a face (front on, with evil eyes), and at night it would look like it was moving, getting closer. So I lived in pretty much constant fear that it was alive at night, and as such, had recurring nightmares about it.

I seem to recall that it attacked by spewing a really corrosive liquid out of where the lightbulb would go, in the nightmares I would run away out of my room, but it would follow as it had a really long extendable neck that was just curled up in the attick, then if my parents saw it they'd use me as a human shield and it would be goodnight me.

A few years ago I think was the last time I had one of those recurring nightmares, it was basically my brain going "No, this is the final boss battle" and I basically as soon as I saw it come to life I stood my ground. I can't remember how it ended. But I haven't had anymore such nightmares ever since.

Yes, I was afraid of a LAMPSHADE when I was little.. and that fear was constant for probably a good 11 - 12 years.

ArtGirl205

When I was little the ceiling lampshade in my room, no matter which angle you looked at it from, it looked like a face (front on, with evil eyes), and at night it would look like it was moving, getting closer. So I lived in pretty much constant fear that it was alive at night, and as such, had recurring nightmares about it.

I seem to recall that it attacked by spewing a really corrosive liquid out of where the lightbulb would go, in the nightmares I would run away out of my room, but it would follow as it had a really long extendable neck that was just curled up in the attick, then if my parents saw it they'd use me as a human shield and it would be goodnight me.

A few years ago I think was the last time I had one of those recurring nightmares, it was basically my brain going "No, this is the final boss battle" and I basically as soon as I saw it come to life I stood my ground. I can't remember how it ended. But I haven't had anymore such nightmares ever since.

Yes, I was afraid of a LAMPSHADE when I was little.. and that fear was constant for probably a good 11 - 12 years.
I remember being terrified that my giant cupboard that was quite tall and long
Would fall over and crush me in my bed
I was also scared of my fan detaching from the ceiling and slicing me up

DergenTheDragon

The cutest derg
I remember being terrified that my giant cupboard that was quite tall and long
Would fall over and crush me in my bed
I was also scared of my fan detaching from the ceiling and slicing me up
See those, perfectly sensible fears to have. But the fact that my lampshade would come to life at night. Is just bonkers writing it out. Also I don't think I've ever told any one about it because it is such an absurdly irrational fear

ArtGirl205

See those, perfectly sensible fears to have. But the fact that my lampshade would come to life at night. Is just bonkers writing it out. Also I don't think I've ever told any one about it because it is such an absurdly irrational fear

I was terrified of a few things
But my worst fear was actually the art of a horror film dvd cover
Want to guess what it was?

D

Deleted member 134556

As a child I had a past or often being physically abused by my father, and it’s lead me to have dreams of being hurt in many ways. I don’t always have these dreams, but when I do, I either wake up sad or angry. I haven’t gone to any therapy about it because I’ve just been hoping that ignoring it would eventually make it go away, but unfortunately it’s not working.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
I have recurring dreams of attending school again, either college or high school, and dreams of a flooded world where the water is up to the chest and murky. Sometimes it's a combination of the two.

My issue with my dreams is how convincing they are. There's never anything too out of the ordinary and everything that happens is grounded in reality, even if the setting and circumstances aren't always logical. I usually wake up frustrated or tired after having spent a false day with my old friends whom I haven't talked to in a decade while taking the classes I've always wanted to take, only to wake up to see that none of it is there.

My subconscious loves torturing me.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
I've mentioned this dream on here before, but once I dreamt that I had somehow been transformed into a real anthro raccoon in some kind of laboratory. The whole thing wasn't too eventful really, but it was fun and I remember it because it was very special.

As for nightmares, before you judge me too harshly I must have been something like six years old at the time. I once had dreamt that giant headless spiders with lasers installed in their abdomens were terrorizing me. I remembered it before because it was scary, but now I just remember it because the whole thing was just comically stupid.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 134556

I've mentioned this dream on here before, but once I dreamt that I had somehow been transformed into a real anthro raccoon in some kind of laboratory. The whole thing wasn't too eventful really, but it was fun and I remember it because it was very special.

As for nightmares, before you judge me too harshly I must have been something like six years old at the time. I once had dreamt that giant headless spiders with lasers installed in their abdomens where terrorizing me. I remembered it before because it was scary, but now I just rmeemeber it because the whole thing was just comically stupid.
Hey, if I saw a giant headless spider shooting lasers everywhere I’d run for the hills.

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
When I was a kid I had the same dream two times. It was this big cruise ship that was sinking but not normally? It was very ”Jacob’s Ladder” with its horror elements and this was WAY before I even saw that movie lol

Kinare

RAWR
There's quite a few from when I was a kid and teen that were just really strange and stuck with me all these years. In no particular order:
1. Was sitting in my kitchen on the floor, it was night, only the stove light on. My cat at the time, a black kitty named Blaze, walked across the entrance of the kitchen on the opposite side of me and then disappeared while walking towards the oven. She died some months later, which is probably why that one sticks with me so much. She was also my best friend and is still my favorite cat ever.
2. Big river, night, light foggy haze. Boats with lanterns in the front. Me in one boat. No one in the many other boats, just me alone in mine, slowly drifting along the river. I remember getting into my boat and pushing it into the river, then the rest of the boats just sort of appeared, but I don't remember if anything happened after a while of being on the river.
3. Some sort of hiking nature trip with a group, eventually group sort of vanishes, then I'm all alone in some wilderness for no reason. There was a forest, a jungle, some waterfalls, I think I remember some wildlife here or there? I used to remember more details to this one, but they're hard to recall now. The main thing I got from this one though was a feeling of being completely lost in places I had never been before, but feeling ok with it, like a spooky adventure I was looking forward to. I've had similar dreams to this one too, can only recall little bits of those, so they're not worth mentioning separately.

Tallow_Phoenix

Totally not a vampire
My subconscious has a weird thing about birds. One of my earliest nightmares where I experienced pain was one where a cockatoo bit my arm, leaving a black festering wound. Mind you, I was probably in elementary school at the time, so it's little wonder that it scarred me a little. More recently I had a traumatic dream that a long-legged bird grabbed onto my head and, well, I'd rather not repeat what happened next. ><

I've never had a problem with birds IRL though, nor am I afraid of them. It's just my brain that's weird!

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I am in my 40s now and still remember a dream from when I was maybe 8 years old.

Just fragments of it - a lot of it just felt eerie and uncomfortable and unsafe, like I couldn't trust the people in it, even though I knew them.

In it, my house was haunted, we had to escape and go to a neighbor's, and when I turned around to see the house there were ghosts swarming it, flying around the windows. But the neighbors' house was just. . .it felt wrong. Like we weren't safe there, either.

i had this dream when i was little and had a nightmare of pizza come to life in a firey background and thats all i can remember lol i also had a few dreams a few years ago i had repeatedly had planes going down around my house...idl what that means XD

MosquitoBeest

Small but Mighty
So this dream is a bit heavy at the end, so read on with warning:
I had a dream where I was working at a daycare in Poland during WWII and we heard on the radio that Mexico had joined the Allies. Soon after we heard trucks come to a stop outside and I told all of the children to hide. I hid under a blanket on a couch. The door was knocked down and soldiers stormed in. I saw a shadow of one stop to stand in front of me and he pulled the blanket off me. He did the 'shh' sign with his finger against his lip and then proceeded to shoot me. I could feel myself grow warm from losing blood and I looked around for a moment before everything faded to white and I woke up.

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
I had a dream where I was working at a daycare in Poland during WWII and we heard on the radio that Mexico had joined the Allies. Soon after we heard trucks come to a stop outside and I told all of the children to hide. I hid under a blanket on a couch. The door was knocked down and soldiers stormed in. I saw a shadow of one stop to stand in front of me and he pulled the blanket off me. He did the 'shh' sign with his finger against his lip and then proceeded to shoot me. I could feel myself grow warm from losing blood and I looked around for a moment before everything faded to white and I woke up.
That's truly horrible....I am sorry that nightmare haunts you....

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
Holy moly, that’s truly terrible. I don’t remember what dream it was but I also had one that really shook me to the core for the entire day. :(

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
I love every dream I've ever had about rollercoasters and theme parks. I can always tell when I'm happy, because I'm having super imaginative carnival style dreams. I liked this one where I was in an elaborate fun house themed playground with buttons and other triggers that tripped the wire to active light-up animatronic animals. One was a cute fat Persian cat on a purple cushion in a gold circus box. Several stories up in the air on those net climbing ropes. Colourful decorative flags and sparkles. Super fun.
I distinctly remember a white slide rollercoaster thing kids could climb on when it wasn't in use.

As an adult, I still have urges to climb things. Pissed as fuck that grown ups don't have their own exercise playgrounds.