• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What furry novel you wish existed?

furvoreite

Let's say your favourite author agrees to write a novel for you. Any novel at all. What would you ask them to write? What would the novel be about? Please be as specific as you can :3

Personally, I think I'd want an adventure-romance novel between a human and an anthro. It's such a rare breed...

Arnak

Off the bench
Fluff, the story of how one man showed the world that anthros are people too. Adventure, suspense, romance and comedy all come together as our hero goes from a shy, soft spoken geek to the hero that anthros need.

Or alternatively, a Pokemon romance novel written by Nintendo itself... Yeah that one is weird...

furvoreite

Fluff, the story of how one man showed the world that anthros are people too. Adventure, suspense, romance and comedy all come together as our hero goes from a shy, soft spoken geek to the hero that anthros need.

Or alternatively, a Pokemon romance novel written by Nintendo itself... Yeah that one is weird...
Oh, I'd definitely read the first one! As for the second one...I can't really imagine it XD

TheCynicalViet

Journey To The West except it's just reskinned with every character being anthros instead of just some characters being anthros.

By the way, I do recommend reading the original. It sort of did act as the template of Eastern literature for good while.

furvoreite

By the way, you might want to check out Spirit Walker by Fel weavespinner.net: Worlds of Fel
It's about a human who becomes a Shaman and dedicates his life to helping the anthros in his world, who are basically treated as slaves of humanity. There's adventure, suspense, romance...it seems to fit nicely with what you describe. Mind you, the book is far from perfect - it's in dire need of editing, but there's some really nice things going on there. The guy has imagination, and the magic system is fantastic.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Harry Potter!

hara-surya

Deviated Prevert
I've had some idea that involve anthro characters in a future world, but since no one else wants to write them I've taken it upon myself. It's just that they're kind of on the back burner right now in favor of other ideas.

Not even the back burner, they're kind of on that oddball fifth circle between the two in the rear that's more of a "keep warm" plate.

Just for an example, one idea combines ideas from Without Remorse by Tom Clancy, Nikita (or Point of No Return) directed by Luc Besson, Surviving the Game with Ice-T, Rutger Hauer and Gary Busey with a sprinkling of stuff from Neuromancer by William Gibson. A human "razorgirl" on the run from a faceless agency get into a romance with a cat-woman who ends up hunted down for sport, only for the razorgirl to turn the tables and hunt, and brutally kill, everyone involved in the girlfriend's murder. The catch? The main killer is a rogue AI coordinating the hunts for rich people.

Another idea has a "mean girl" in a high school find herself swapped into the body of a cat-person and has to face the discrimination she was once part of inflicting.

Another one, frankly, simply retells Leon: The Professional with animal people in the same setting as above. Matilda is a rabbit woman named Rachael and is a a former amusement part actress. Leon is a fox-man combat vet turned hit man named Baxter. The Gary Oldman character is involved in trafficking a quasi-legal drug called Love.

For what it's worth, Luc Besson is my favorite action movie director.

Gushousekai195

Fanatic Artist
A close friend of mine, Aelius, has been working on two novels; Auran Legend and Auran Connection. Legend is about these “Auran Sages” who have superpowers but it is in somewhat historical times, maybe 18th century or 19th century. Connection is about the same kinds of people thousands of years later, in futuristic cyberpunk-ish times; some of the characters in Connection are descendants of characters in Legend.

He has drawn art of characters from both novels, and I have been very enchanted by it all. Ever since I started following him in 2007, I have been eagerly waiting for the day I could hold a finished copy of those novels in my hands. I have also read some of the stuff he has written; it could turn my day-to-day negativity on its head.

Fun fact: my current avatar was drawn by him. ^_^