• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What games are you looking forward to in 2015?

Kinare

RAWR
We're almost there! Just curious what everyone will be playing. Any platform of course. :3 I play mostly PC, so I'm eager to see what people are looking forward to there mostly.

Really the only game I'm looking forward to at this point is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. It's the only reason I bought a 3DS, Pokemon OR was just to help justify the system's purchase a tad.

Evolve was ok, but I sucked at playing the monster despite loving it. I didn't get to play it much so I was way behind most people to be perfectly fair... /excuses. I will only bother if they make huge improvements (which I'm sure they will) and will still probably wait until it's at least half off unless I have a bunch of friends playing it who will let me play the monster and be nice to me.

I'm not sure how I feel about Dying Light right now, but I used to be excited about it. It looked amazing when first announced, but there's so much rage over the pre-order exclusive and I just... I dunno.

Batman: Arkham Knight is of course going to be good, can't go wrong there. I'm not horribly excited over it though since I still have to work through the previous 2 yet, so I will probably only grab it when it's on sale.

I find lately I'm really digging random indie sims, so I'm really hoping 2015 brings some new concepts to the genre. There's a couple in EA on Steam right now scheduled for a mid-late 2015 release, but they're too under-developed yet for me to want to risk trying them. I didn't see any on the indie sites that grabbed my attention, but we shall see.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Majora's Mask 3DS
Bloodborne
Witcher 3? Maybe

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy Type 0 HD
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zelda Wii U
Star Fox Wii U
Persona 5
Majora's Mask 3DS
Bravely Default 2
UnderTale
Hyper Light Drifter

Admittedly I don't have a 3DS, PS4, or Wii U yet, but I want them both and am looking forward to all these games.
Square Enix and Nintendo almost never disappoint me, and even though I'm not a huge fan of the Persona series, I can't help but hope P5 turns out to be pretty good.
With Tabata behind Final Fantasy Type 0 and Nomura behind FFXV, I expect the best. If anything it'll bring good music. I like Shimomura's work.

UnderTale and Hyper Light Drifter, while both indie games, seem to be impressively well-done. They both have a really nice atmosphere. HLD seems mysterious and lonely, and UnderTale seems like its going to be a ride full of feels.
I mean, just look at this artwork for HLD:
AARtvm3.png

Its going to be fantastic, I just know it.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Random indie sims, care to elaborate?

I'm not going to be much on my pc next year thanks to life and pewpews, but I'm looking forward to DCS graphical update (scheduled for 2014, but will probs get delayed), as well as DCS F/A 18 module and Hawk trainer for the same game.
Also Star Citizen iterations. That's about it, not looking forward to much.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
Killing Floor 2.

I haven't actually paid much attention to what's coming out, I'm quite behind on events of the gaming world. But KF2KF2KF2KF2♥

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
Hyped for Witcher 3: Wild hunt like no other. It should be incredible.
Also telltale Game Of Thrones will be cool.
Here's a really awesome animation i discovered. It's a story recap incase any of you witcher fans missed/don't remember some parts.

[video=youtube;pB_bHqHzhIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB_bHqHzhIA[/video]

Last edited:

Plastic-Fox

No Man's Sky - hoping it comes out. my god. so pretty. so mysterious. i know next to nothing about it and it's contents but Wowzers!

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
I'm wishing we get Unreal Tournament 4 this coming year, but I can't hold my breath due to Epic's habits of staying quiet. Monster Hunter 4 is sure to eat my time away once it's released.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
bloodbourne and the dark souls 2 update, i don't really know what else is coming up and in general getting hyped up for games tends to be the number one cause of disappointment in games.

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
Witcher 3.

As I grow older it's harder and harder for a game to take my interest for longer than 2-3 hours. Games are boring, trivial, easy, dumb... Yet so far both Witchers managed to catch my attention for so long that I managed to complete them - with pleasure - two or three times.

It's really rare when a good game is made on the basis of a good book.

Kinare

RAWR
Random indie sims, care to elaborate?

A short and sweet elaboration I suppose is nearly all sims, but I am very picky on the builder sims and space sims and I avoid anything that looks like a joke sim. Examples: The Long Dark, 7 Days to Die, Banished, and I plan on getting Dog Sled Saga soon. Will also be getting Dragon whenever I feel it's far enough along that I want to support it. I have a bunch more both owned and wishlisted, but that ought to give you an idea.

Hmm...No games immediately on the "MUST BUY" list, but games I'm going to be looking into:
Dying Light
Dead Island 2
Evolve
No Man's Sky
Assassin's Creed Rogue/Victory
H1Z1
Ori and the Blind Forest
That Pokemon fighting game

DDSBSS

None. I hope they hold off the AAA games and actually finish them this time around. Mistakes like Battlefield 4 and Destiny don't need to happen again. While some of the games look cool, they're just not being optimized for PS3/being made for PS3, so I probably won't buy them.

Aquin

Haunted
Fatal Frame Wii U - provided it does get localized
Zelda U
Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts 3
http://www.delawarestjohn.com/game_04_asylum.html This game, provided it gets released soon. Likely early 2015.
The Lost Crown: Blackenrock
a few others i can't recall atm.

shteev

Lol how do I delete this account
No Man's Sky - hoping it comes out. my god. so pretty. so mysterious. i know next to nothing about it and it's contents but Wowzers!

I literally care about nothing else other than No Man's Sky, not even Bloodborne.

I might even buy a PS4 for it if the PC release doesn't come soon enough after

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
Witcher 3.

As I grow older it's harder and harder for a game to take my interest for longer than 2-3 hours. Games are boring, trivial, easy, dumb... Yet so far both Witchers managed to catch my attention for so long that I managed to complete them - with pleasure - two or three times.

It's really rare when a good game is made on the basis of a good book.
heh, i knew you would like witcher aswell. You also have the power to read all the novels (5 of them) because i'm pretty sure not all of them were translated into english since the author was polish.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
Loz majora's mask 3d
Gods eater burst 2 (if it ever comes out in any Western country >,<)
Mgs5
Kh3
Hopefully a good sonic game

I'm probably most excited for mgs5 and gods eater burst 2. That game is basically monster hunter meets Attack on titan but more fun than monster hunter cause you get a lot more support in this game. in mh you get a cat......how fun..... but in geb you get a team with pretty good AI. Shame the game is only coming out on PS vita.

SparkyWolf

Really pumped for Bloodborne. Also The Witcher 3.

Kinare

RAWR
...more fun than monster hunter cause you get a lot more support in this game. in mh you get a cat......how fun..... but in geb you get a team with pretty good AI.

Pft, cat is so good he's like his own team! (But not really...) They're really just useful for distracting monsters while you as the hunter wail on them and shouldn't be relied on more than that, but they can dent the monsters decent enough once leveled up and given the proper skills. They're kinda derp and flimsy early, but the game is pretty easy early too. In MH I don't think I'd want a bunch of AI teammates flopping about... harder to predict the monster that way. At least with multiplayer people you can communicate with them and figure things out. So much of the game is about timing and getting the heck away from dangerous stuff. Never played the game you're talking about, so I'm strictly speaking from a MH standpoint when I say I def prefer just one cat to a whole bunch of bodies in my way.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
Pft, cat is so good he's like his own team! (But not really...) They're really just useful for distracting monsters while you as the hunter wail on them and shouldn't be relied on more than that, but they can dent the monsters decent enough once leveled up and given the proper skills. They're kinda derp and flimsy early, but the game is pretty easy early too. In MH I don't think I'd want a bunch of AI teammates flopping about... harder to predict the monster that way. At least with multiplayer people you can communicate with them and figure things out. So much of the game is about timing and getting the heck away from dangerous stuff. Never played the game you're talking about, so I'm strictly speaking from a MH standpoint when I say I def prefer just one cat to a whole bunch of bodies in my way.

I have played both and to be honest is a game not to be compared to MH due quite a lot of differences and fightings simplistic KH like nature. Like I said I have played both and surprising I found the team so much better than one fucking annoying cat that always bombs you. In this game you have medics which heal you using a certain bullet. And i found that the AI is really good and shoot you when you tend to really need it. Not to mention you can command the team which makes searching for the monster a lot less of hassle especially when they escape. As in terms of difficulty MH has it so you need to get stronger weapons and armour in order to even win most of the time but in GEB The game challenges more your skill than you willing to grind for a long time just to get one material. The game is challenging since it may take you to missions where you need to fight 2 - 3 large bosses with strong difficulty and smaller enemies to. So despite the large rooster you have to chose from there is still a lot of challenges where you will lose. and brw no one gets in your way and yeah its a game that up to four players can join in so the communication thing is the same.

Kinare

RAWR
one fucking annoying cat that always bombs you

Aha, me thinks you're not using the kitties right. :p I hate them bombing me too, so I don't pick a bomber type. I have 3 different cats on MHFU, one for straight up attacking, one for pure support and one that's balanced. All are non-bombers, the support one doesn't attack ever. It just purposely draws the monster and heals/buffs the whole time. Extremely handy when I know I have enough damage to kill a monster, I just need mechanics/defensive assistance.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Whatever that Star Fox game is going to be called. Hopefully it'll be a little more serious, but I'm happy that they're making anything at all!