• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What inspired you to join the fandom?

Koriekraiz13

kleptomaniac for knowledge
You can tell from the title (as all ways) what caused you to join the magical hell of a fandom we are in, it may be a youtuber, or a site, heck even an event, add as much as you wish,
P.s. keep it clean people

For me, I always loved drawing animals, especially anthropremorphic, but I didn't know what to label them as except "anthros" which sounds like sandpaper on a blackboard right now.
I was browsing YouTube videos for drawing animals, and came across my idol today, my meaning in life, my fursuit crush, zillion Ross, or imaginitivly unimaginitive, which had a video that read "how to draw furries" I clicked on the video, and all my worry washed off, turns out a cornucopia of people like me had the exact same interest, I felt at Home, so I watched more, and saw more youtuber, from beta, to majira, to foofi, and that's how I got into the fandom.

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
I honestly have no idea.

One day it just went *poof* and I stumbled across furry artwork and it just spiraled from there.

I blame anthro videogame characters. Let's go with that.

BeauJayWolffo47

Here To Stay It Seems!
Just always been into Wolves and then was in denial that I may be a furry.. I was lonely and wanted a way to make friends so here I am! *So if you ever need a friend I love making new friends btw!*

Thechocolatedrop

My boyfriend actually he was super into it and kinda dragged me in. At first he was super afraid that I wouldn't like it because of the bad stigma he's family had against furries but he wanted to be honest.
I literally laughed at him, because I had no clue what furries were and when he explained, I laughed even more because I saw no harm in it.
I got interested in learning about it a bit more and he introduced me to Majira Strawberry and Pocari Roo and I just...fell into it.

In my opinion: Totally worth it! =)

Fitch_Tiger

The one and only.
I think it was the countless movies, video games, tv shows...

Then I found YouTube content and artwork and I was like YES! I NEED TO BE PART OF THIS!

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I was always a furry - even before I knew the fandom existed.
I was leery of the fandom itself - so much information about it, that it's nothing more than a "sex fetish." So that kept me away for a while.
I joined Second Life about ten years ago, started out with a human avatar, then saw that you could have an animal (feral or anthro) avatar. So I got one. Then another. And I started going to some of the furry sims. Some were a bit raunchy, but others were just fun places to hang out and chat and listen to music, and it's so fun to see anthro avatars dance!
I realized "okay, these guys are fun, they're still kind of demented, but I fit in with them."

Arnak

Off the bench
To be among people who are like me. To find a place I belong

Z

Z-ro

My motive is ulterior
I've seen...quite a lot...and the curiosity has drove me into this site, I wrote a story...well, a number of them, all pieced on a series I think that can work
episodes of my life I could transfigure and relate on my story with things I've seen from the topic
And, I'm here looking for an artist who could at least draw some characters and..if he/she likes my idea of actually creating like an manga of it
I would be pleasured
I'm here because I'm curious about the furry culture, not because I want to join it, but to understand and adapt my own story-writing/story-telling experience
Besides, accurate the looks and personality of my characters depending on their species, race and specific behaviors found on the real life animals
Pardon, I'm new here, call me Ky

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
Internets + Arts

Yerf, VCL, Elfwood, DeviantArt, Side 7, SheezyArt, and finally this new little site called FurAffinity.

Same here. I've always liked humanoid animal characters, but I didn't find out about the fandom until my 20s.

Z

Z-ro

Internets + Arts

Yerf, VCL, Elfwood, DeviantArt, Side 7, SheezyArt, and finally this new little site called FurAffinity.

Same here. I've always liked humanoid animal characters, but I didn't find out about the fandom until my 20s.

all started on tumblr before the big riddance of "inappropriate stuff" ..I was actually a fan of the content posted by one specific user..her name was YiffJulie
But one day..Something...has hit my conscience pretty heavily, scarred my mind actually..and my story had an objective
It started as a "What If I could get in this reality and alter it, live and learn"
Then on a climax inside of the story the objective is changed to "Get me out of here..", and that's where I got the first ending, but then, I decided to change it..instead of giving a depressing death to my main character, I decided t0 change the finale and give more chapters and more happenings to spice the story up
then I created a special chapter actually based on a thread I've seen on tumblr too, captioning a topic that I too found outrageous but wanted to develop a sort of novel including a new character, and mine.

Z

Z-ro

all started on tumblr before the big riddance of "inappropriate stuff" ..I was actually a fan of the content posted by one specific user..her name was YiffJulie
But one day..Something...has hit my conscience pretty heavily, scarred my mind actually..and my story had an objective
It started as a "What If I could get in this reality and alter it, live and learn"
Then on a climax inside of the story the objective is changed to "Get me out of here..", and that's where I got the first ending, but then, I decided to change it..instead of giving a depressing death to my main character, I decided t0 change the finale and give more chapters and more happenings to spice the story up
then I created a special chapter actually based on a thread I've seen on tumblr too, captioning a topic that I too found outrageous but wanted to develop a sort of novel including a new character, and mine.

Sorry for interrupting anything tho, wasn't paying attention

Narri

Will fly you around for hugs and pats
Waterways by kyell gold.

This book brought me into the fandom and also helped me accept I'm gay so I mean.. THANKS FURRIES! :p

Z

Z-ro

You can tell from the title (as all ways) what caused you to join the magical hell of a fandom we are in, it may be a youtuber, or a site, heck even an event, add as much as you wish,
P.s. keep it clean people

For me, I always loved drawing animals, especially anthropremorphic, but I didn't know what to label them as except "anthros" which sounds like sandpaper on a blackboard right now.
I was browsing YouTube videos for drawing animals, and came across my idol today, my meaning in life, my fursuit crush, zillion Ross, or imaginitivly unimaginitive, which had a video that read "how to draw furries" I clicked on the video, and all my worry washed off, turns out a cornucopia of people like me had the exact same interest, I felt at Home, so I watched more, and saw more youtuber, from beta, to majira, to foofi, and that's how I got into the fandom.

Watch One Piece, Minks are a look I strive to remember my own story characters better
and ThunderCats

Z

Z-ro

I was leery of the fandom itself - so much information about it, that it's nothing more than a "sex fetish." So that kept me away for a while.
I joined Second Life about ten years ago, started out with a human avatar, then saw that you could have an animal (feral or anthro) avatar. So I got one. Then another. And I started going to some of the furry sims. Some were a bit raunchy, but others were just fun places to hang out and chat and listen to music, and it's so fun to see anthro avatars dance!
I realized "okay, these guys are fun, they're still kind of demented, but I fit in with them."

I will confess, a couple years ago, I was a complete freak
now I'm only a shadow of what I was, and looking at this comment I can realize that maybe I wasn't that much of a freak at all, I was like you, trying to hangout on environments that were either 8 or 80, never found a place to balance myself out, but, now I'm here, I was afraid because maybe I wouldn't fit in, again I am interested in the culture, don't wanna join it
I just want to share my story and see it portrayed out of my head...before I forget it
I have a great memory but, fear still remains

X

Xitheon

I used to invent animal characters, as I spent most of my childhood drawing. I was mostly in the Animals of Farthing Wood and Watership Down vein of storytelling and I'd make stories about feral talking animals.

When I discovered "furry" art as a teen I was a bit indignant. I felt like the internet had stolen my ideas, lol. I eventually fell into the furry fandom it barely changed anything about me.

Z

Z-ro

I used to invent animal characters, as I spent most of my childhood drawing. I was mostly in the Animals of Farthing Wood and Watership Down vein of storytelling and I'd make stories about feral talking animals.

When I discovered "furry" art as a teen I was a bit indignant. I felt like the internet had stolen my ideas, lol. I eventually fell into the furry fandom it barely changed anything about me.
cool

N

Nyro46

Ever since I was young I drew animals and animal characters, and had characters based on my stuffed animals (those characters which I still have). But I didn't really know much of the fandom for a long time. Until one day when I was say, 16 or 17? Playing LittleBigPlanet and my brother was watching me make costumes, and pointed out how my costumes in the game were always animals. He then went on to jokingly call me a furry. I refused the idea saying "I don't wear animal costumes and screw in them!!!" lol

Of course later on curiosity got the better of me and I went on to search up what furry really was and what the fandom was about, and realized it seemed like something that fit me a lot. I kind of reluctantly considered myself a furry, but was off-and-on about being in the fandom for the next few years. Wasn't really until the end of last year or the beginning of this year I finally accepted being apart of the fandom.