• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What instruments do you play? (OFFICIAL)

Rivers Bluetail

Furry Little Blue Guy
Re: What instruments do you play?

5 string bass is best bass!

My friend has one and it's pretty great, especially for instrumental pieces. He plays Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata on it.
I know, I love mine. The only issue is that it's heavy as hell and it's an absolute GIANT. But one look at that sunburst finish, and it's all fine with me... :D
Pftttt.... Everyone knows that clarinet is the ultimate metal instrument.

Depends on the person playing it really. I've only played metal flute because of band. Flutes are pretty versatile. You can play some Metallica with them and even beatbox with a flute.
I dunno, my cajon is pretty metal.

Rivers Bluetail

Furry Little Blue Guy

I'm not sure how they'd work if they weren't ^^;

With enough effort anything can sound metal. I remember plugging a ukulele into a few amps once. Blew the doors off the place.

JerryFoxcoon

The classy Captain Furfag

I play what could be considered "piano". The only thing I have for now is a CT-636 Casio keyboard. Better than nothing, but I start to feel horribly restricted by the limitation of such a cheap thing, I now need something weighted AND graded, 88 keys if possible... (But Yamaha does make a 76 keys semi-weighted, graded electronic piano that I'll choose if I can't afford a full-size model)

Kalven

Hey dude(tte)s,

Here's my set up (in order of proficiency):

Voice: Tenor (Top C on a VERY good day and also a top Soprano Bb in falsetto - not a castrati, just lucky...)

Drums:
Yamaha Tour Custom: 12", 13", 16", 22" (Evans GPlus heads for toms, EMAD for Bass Drum)
Mapex Black Panther Snare (not sure of the name, but 'tis 14"x7" - very phat, also rocking a Remo Ambassador Control Dot and S-Hoop)
Zildjian 14" A Custom Rezo Hats
Zildjian 16" A Custom Crash
Zildjian 20" A Armand Ride
Meinl 18" Soundcaster Fusion Crash
Yamaha hardware

Bass:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass (Named Hector)

Guitars:
Tanglewood TW45 Electroacoustic Guitar
Ibanez GRG-270B (surprisingly versatile electric)

I also play keys for a synth band (so anything on Logic)

Jason-

Oh my goat!

Unfortunately I don't play any instruments but if I did I would probably play panflutes, they're the only instrument I am truely fond of.

Macxi

I make comics!

Instruments I play/have seriously played include guitar (both acoustic and electric), bass guitar, violin (also acoustic as well as electric) and piano. My favourite one to play is my Alvarez acoustic/electric guitar, which I like to simply strum and sing to. It tends to ease my mind and it brings me into a state of relaxation after a stressful day.

I've played violin in orchestra every year from 4th grade to 12th, but the music department at my universities afterwards weren't really all too great, so I dropped it for a while. Had guitar lessons from about grade 7 and into university where I rigorously studied jazz guitar for a few years (pretty tough stuff for me, but it wasn't so bad alongside music theory classes) - and I also bought myself a Ibanez bass guitar one year and taught myself how to play it based on books, websites and my own musical knowledge.

At the moment, I only take a 30 min piano lesson each week but I found that I like learning how to play VG tracks on it, so I tend to do that for fun (alongside just playing chords and melodies I know on guitar). Still play my guitar whenever I'm bored, and would like to get a good mic and recording software someday to record myself singing.

Aside from that, one instrument I still would love to learn how to play is the harp. My friend had one before she moved, and she used to allow me to mess around on it a lot. It's such a beautiful instrument...

Last edited:

Valnyr

Primarily bass guitar. I'm currently dabbling around in normal guitar as well.

Avlenna

Shadow of the Night

I read the original post and just wanted to ask one thing: what does the model of the instrument have to do with anything? The make and model don't matter when you're a shitty player. Either way...

I play on a St. Petersburg tuba (5 valve, C), Conn Cornet (Bb), Bach Trombone (C, tenor), Sky Alto Saxophone (red, Eb), Cornelio Clarinet (blue, Bb soprano), Yamaha Keyboard, Silvertone Electric Bass Guitar, Vic Firth drumsticks

Demensa

Characterless sack of potatoes

I read the original post and just wanted to ask one thing: what does the model of the instrument have to do with anything? The make and model don't matter when you're a shitty player. Either way...

I play on a St. Petersburg tuba (5 valve, C), Conn Cornet (Bb), Bach Trombone (C, tenor), Sky Alto Saxophone (red, Eb), Cornelio Clarinet (blue, Bb soprano), Yamaha Keyboard, Silvertone Electric Bass Guitar, Vic Firth drumsticks

Oh, of course it doesn't matter when it comes to technical skill. I just think it's cool to see what gear everyone uses, so I thought I might as well include that.

verathevix

Violinist and Singer

I play the -
Piano,
Amati violin reconstruction,
Messiah Stradivarius violin reconstruction
Baroque violin
Viol
Accordion
My voice! I'm a soprano

Last edited:

Bloodshot_Eyes

Guitar (acoustic, I don't own an electric but that doesn't stop me from being metal as fuck :U)
Bass (electric)
basic piano
I stomp and hit things with sticks in rhythm but I don't have any drums...
Oh yeah, and I sing.

Demensa

I play the -
Piano,
Amati violin reconstruction,
Messiah Stradivarius violin reconstruction
Baroque violin
Viol
Accordion
My voice! I'm a soprano

Wow! You've got a really nice baroque/renaissance setup there!

And do you play a piano accordion or button?

Guitar (acoustic, I don't own an electric but that doesn't stop me from being metal as fuck :U)

I fondly remember the days when I would sit down and learn to play Metallica songs on my dad's acoustic guitar...

verathevix

Violinist and Singer

It's my main area of expertise, heh. And I play both types, though the button accordion is quite a bit more versatile than the piano one, heh.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned

It's my main area of expertise, heh. And I play both types, though the button accordion is quite a bit more versatile than the piano one, heh.
The accordion is a very interesting instrument, sadly none of the stores near me sell them so I can't go into one and test one out for a bit.

Demensa

The accordion is a very interesting instrument, sadly none of the stores near me sell them so I can't go into one and test one out for a bit.

Some of my friends play it, and one of them has a really nice piano accordion. I haven't gotten to play it much, but it's really a fantastic instrument. (And heavier than you might expect.)

sebkad

Classical and Acoustic guitars (don't ask me about the specific name :p) + harmonica. I've also played the piano but I don't have any for my own right now.
Because of low quality mic I started to use FL Studio software and it's really nice :)

Faolan

I came, I saw, I lagged out

What I play:
Acoustic guitar - the only instrument I currently own due to my finances, its a cheapo no name, but has a good sound
Electric guitar - have to borrow a friend's
Acoustic Violin - the first instrument I learned how to play, and am still somewhat proficient on
Harmonica - okay, I do currently own two instruments, I need something to tune the guitar with after all
Bugle - ...don't ask

Plantar

Soaked In Sin

Electric guitar: It's... A Yamaha. I'm not sure on the make or model but it's the most perfect thing I've played, it's got Seymour Duncan custom pickups. I have 2 others, one looking just like an Ibanez and the other being an S101 strat knockoff.
Acoustic: It's a Montana brand acoustic. I've had it for 5 years now, and it sounds so perfect. I need new strings, I keep forgetting.
Ukulele: It's some cheapo ukulele but it sounds nice, had this for 3 or 4 years.
Keys: 61 key keystudio. I use it rarely because I have no room for it.

That's just... What I have though. I'm proficient at acoustic and electric guitar and decent at ukulele and the keyboard. I wish I could sing good though.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned

What I play:
Acoustic guitar - the only instrument I currently own due to my finances, its a cheapo no name, but has a good sound
Acoustic Violin - the first instrument I learned how to play, and am still somewhat proficient on
Harmonica - okay, I do currently own two instruments, I need something to tune the guitar with after all
Bugle - ...don't ask
All I know is that it's just like a cornet but with no valves, therefore very simple.

Faolan

I came, I saw, I lagged out

Raptros
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Faolan
What I play:
Bugle - ...don't ask

All I know is that it's just like a cornet but with no valves, therefore very simple.

You got it, and yes it is one of the easiest brass instruments to learn. I just rather not think about the reasons I had to learn it when I was 16. None the less if someone needs a bugler I am pretty good on one, probably better than on guitar.

Edit: I got to figure out the damned structure for quoting people.