• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What instruments do you play? (OFFICIAL)

thaos627

Re: What instruments do you play?

I play:

Electric Bass: I play this a lot & I'm very good at it
Keyboards: This includes all keyboards from piano/synth to marimba/xylophone
Drums: Used to be my main instrument but I developed a hatred for them so I only play them if I have to
Ocarina: I have 2 different kinds (6-holed & 4-holed) & I enjoy annoying people with them
Guitar: I dont own a guitar but I can play them

I also play a bunch of random instruments I've made &/or found

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

thaos627

You make instruments? That is really awesome! Like Kit said, I'd love to see what these look/sound like.

theyre nothing really special just a couple taiko style drums, shaker (maraca without a handle) & I'm currently working on a shakuhachi & shamisen. all grade school craft type stuff but working & in tune, I dont like putting months of effort into instruments that I wont ever make money with.

I can make guitars/basses but I dont have a job currently to get the supplies, theyre cheap hollowbodies but they are better quality than anything else I've made & have pickups. I dont have them anymore, I threw them away (long story, dont ask).

Kit H. Ruppell

theyre nothing really special just a couple taiko style drums, shaker (maraca without a handle) & I'm currently working on a shakuhachi & shamisen. all grade school craft type stuff but working & in tune, I dont like putting months of effort into instruments that I wont ever make money with.

I can make guitars/basses but I dont have a job currently to get the supplies, theyre cheap hollowbodies but they are better quality than anything else I've made & have pickups. I dont have them anymore, I threw them away (long story, dont ask).
I'm thinking of making something similar to the Chitrali/Pashto Sitar
[video=youtube;NdEXW9p-D_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdEXW9p-D_c[/video]
I've got a log of gnarly cherry drying in the basement, stripped of bark and split. I'm concerned with cracking during the drying process.

I'm going to use my 5000th post to say I'm finally gonna learn to play that guitar I've had for two years. I'm actually going to get off my ass and do this.

It begins.

Fuck yeah.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned

I'm going to use my 5000th post to say I'm finally gonna learn to play that guitar I've had for two years. I'm actually going to get off my ass and do this.

It begins.

Fuck yeah.
Well done on 5000 posts! Remember if you need any help with the guitar, we're all here. Which make/model of guitar do you own?

thaos627

The questions... The questions...

Anyways, how did you get into making instruments?

It begins.

Fuck yeah.

First off, I started making instruments because I was bored & wanted to play something no one else could. If you wish to learn guitar then go to www.berkleeshares.com it has everything you need to get started & get you very very good.

Kit H. Ruppell

....the log fucking cracked again.

Kalvo

I play Bass guitar in a band. I have two basses as of now, a Squier 5 string J-Bass and an Ibanez Gio 6-String. I also play acoustic guitar leisurely. I have an Ibanez for that. All of them are great instruments, in my opinion.

DMAN14

The wettest wolf

Alto Saxophone: SX90R Keilwerth in black nickle with a rousseau 4R/link 7* with an olegature, back up is a yamaha 52
Clarinet: Schreiber limited edition (AKA buffet E11)

Guitar: Ibanez artcore hollowbody (my brothers) with a roland microcube

Flurra

Is not a

In high school I played French horn and mellophone.

I also play ukulele :D

ESB1023

tumblr fanboy

Acoustic guitar (Jasmine by Takamine S34C & an original, handmade guitar)
Electric Guitar (Squier Stratocaster, Epoch Les Paul, and Laguna LE50)
Keyboards (one Yamaha, one Korg, models unknown)
Bass Guitar (mine broke. getting another one soon.)

Kalvo

Acoustic guitar (Jasmine by Takamine S34C & an original, handmade guitar)
Electric Guitar (Squier Stratocaster, Epoch Les Paul, and Laguna LE50)
Keyboards (one Yamaha, one Korg, models unknown)
Bass Guitar (mine broke. getting another one soon.)

I couldn't imagine if one of my babies (cough, i mean Basses) broke. x]

Ji-Ji

Post Festive Fox

I play :

Electric guitar (ibanez rg370dxl, aria stgl modified, Wesley les Paul rep lefty)
Electro-Acoustic guitar (Crafter lefty something)
Bass guitar (own a cheap shine bass but it's nice sounding)
Sing
Learning and own keys and drums (cheap high school lookin' Yamaha keys, Alexis dm5 electric kit)
Can play a harmonica to a novice degree.. (Got a lil cmajor keyed one)

I want more music things but I have no space..

Last edited:

Glitch

SLUDGE FACE
I play, from main to for-funsies:

Clarinet - A Selmer Bundy hand me down from hell of sorts. I really am above the level of it, but my parents never wanted to spend money after I started back in middle school. Oh well. I can play bass clarinet too but I never really got to do much with it.
Piano
Melodica - Hohner 37. Certainly something I have for dorking around and fun.

TricksterF

Acoustic guitar
my brothers electric guitar
Piano when I was younger (still remember how to play)
tin whistle (like 100 odd songs xD)
flute
ukelele (that how you spell it?)
drums
xylophone (ROCK ON!)
The triangle :3
I think that's all I play
I play all these yet I'm terrified to play in front of anyone x)

Lomberdia

Selling bookmarks!
I play (in order of proficiency, links for the ones that I could get):

Double Ocarina (STL Ocarina Purple Clay) *played for about 6 years*

Viola (cheap beginners viola) *played for about 3 years*

Piano (no real brand but learned on my grandma's old-ass grand piano) *played for about 3 years*

Harp (Harpsicle's Sharpsicle with Reese Sharpening Levers) *played for a month now*