• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is a furry? I think that it is not you.

♥Miranda♥

Sexist against men
Actually, many people here are clearly understanding what is going on. Yes, there are also some people who are making one post without reading the OP, then leaving. They are completely not worth flipping shit about because they aren't staying for more than one post anyway. You, friend, need to relax before you give yourself a heart attack. And try out having a more liberal interpretation of what qualifies as a response to the OP.

It's a good enough amount

I don't think I need patronizing, especially since I'm not angry at all

but you can keep doing that if it makes you feel better

Ixtu

Plainly asking me what I think about the way these people speak and behave - I'd say that their brain is degrading. Chasing tails, hissing, impersonating an animal - not acceptable in a society of humans. See one of those - evacuate. No need to waste your time around animal impersonators.

But...i love chasing my imaginary tail.
It brings me joy.

Ixtu

Okay my real self, is a 17-year-old girl that goes to high school and is looking for a job.
You bored yet?
Wouldn't you rather hear about, what i like to do or something? Oh wait. I play video games.
And draw furry art. And other boring stuff.
jcfynx, you never cease to make me facepalm.

Okay my real self, is a 17-year-old girl that goes to high school and is looking for a job.
You bored yet?
Wouldn't you rather hear about, what i like to do or something? Oh wait. I play video games.
And draw furry art. And other boring stuff.
jcfynx, you never cease to make me facepalm.

You've just brought me information that is actually related to reality. Therefore, it actually holds a value.
People wide open such as jcfynx view people interesting and not people's evacuation interesting.

Why would you "facepalm"? Is it because he says that
chasing my imaginary tail.
is a pointless idea?

You can't develop an idea about "chasing imaginary tails". You can however develop an idea about the search for a job, high school and art.
Why do you view something that can advance as boring? Maybe it's time to put a low priority mark on chasing small dreams and focusing on what's directly against you, rational people with different perspectives.

Ixtu

I'm being somewhat sarcastic with the 'boring' opinion.
But people like jcfynx dwell too much on these silly matters.
And...i like chasing my tail okay.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Hm, you know, all the time made into making your character "SUPA AWSUM" or pretending to be said "SUPA AWSUM" character in real life could be spent, y'know... actually improving yourself?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind internet personas or roleplay characters. But if the traits on your characters are traits you want to have, and they're in human reach... why just pretend to go through the loops, and not just actually do it? You think your life is boring, and you want it to be not-boring? Instead of pretending to be someone who is interesting... make yourself interesting? Search yourself to see if you have any traits you don't consider interesting but actually are? Just seems a bit of a cop out.

Antonin Scalia

Another Great Post
Hm, you know, all the time made into making your character "SUPA AWSUM" or pretending to be said "SUPA AWSUM" character in real life could be spent, y'know... actually improving yourself?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind internet personas or roleplay characters. But if the traits on your characters are traits you want to have, and they're in human reach... why just pretend to go through the loops, and not just actually do it? You think your life is boring, and you want it to be not-boring? Instead of pretending to be someone who is interesting... make yourself interesting? Search yourself to see if you have any traits you don't consider interesting but actually are? Just seems a bit of a cop out.

If people actually did this...

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

You`re absolutely right. I`m not going to waste my time with these idle fantasies any longer. You`ve truly inspired me Atta, and for that I thank you.
;)

From now on, I will dedicate myself to becoming the best Fantasy writer I can!

...wait. 0.o

lol, but on a serious note I`ve noticed that a lot of people on this site seem to use it for escapism and the sharing of its primary founding purpose, ie Furry Fandom on whichever level suits them. Is that really so wrong? OP, if you want to talk about real life issues, that`s fine as well.

Last edited:

jcfynx

Banned
Banned
lol, but on a serious note I`ve noticed that a lot of people on this site seem to use it for escapism and the sharing of its primary founding purpose, ie Furry Fandom on whichever level suits them. Is that really so wrong?

Yes because needing to escape from your real, actual life for many hours a day is bad.

Genumix

Yes because needing to escape from your real, actual life for many hours a day is bad.
Well, uh, yeah, the need to escape from your life for hours a day is bad. I don't think it's fair to blame somebody for a situation that pushes them into escapism. If their fantasy is better than their real life, and if their real life problems are beyond their control, I would say that escapism is a completely viable approach to maintaining emotional well-being. At least while they're in that negative situation.

dickstamper

OO, piece of candy!
Search yourself to see if you have any traits you don't consider interesting but actually are?
OK that sentence makes absolutely no sense to me. If a person doesn't find a trait interesting than how can it be interesting? Now if you're trying to say that, that person doesn't find it interesting but the ppl around them do than that is stupid. Why would I make a trait part of who I am just to impress someone else? Ppl should learn to accept others as how they are or leave that person the fuck alone. There are way too many ppl out there willing to judge others traits before they even look at their own screwed up ideas. Too many ppl try to change who they are just for the sake of being accepted.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
And to think most people argue that "furries" only refer to the people, while "anthros" refer to the characters.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

Need is bad yes, but what about want? There`s nothing wrong with my life, but I still enjoy the ability to escape from it on occasion by whatever means. Whether by game or by art I do what I can to amuse myself by pretending I`m something other than my typical self.

Some people may not have the stability that I do, so their desire to escape it is that much stronger. In truth, I don`t think anyone really needs to escape (barring some form of mental illness) but even then why does it bother you that some might prefer fantasy to reality?

EDIT: Genumix worded it better than me.

jcfynx

Banned
Banned
Well, uh, yeah, the need to escape from your life for hours a day is bad. I don't think it's fair to blame somebody for a situation that pushes them into escapism. If their fantasy is better than their real life, and if their real life problems are beyond their control, I would say that escapism is a completely viable approach to maintaining emotional well-being. At least while they're in that negative situation.

If you're saying that most furries have such extensive life problems that the only way they can keep their sanity is to pretend to be a sexy man-wolverine who loves video games and gay assholes then I guess I can't fault them for that.

Confirming I am 100% Homo sapien.
And to think most people argue that "furries" only refer to the people, while "anthros" refer to the characters.
In truth, I don`t think anyone really needs to escape (barring some form of mental illness) but even then why does it bother you that some might prefer fantasy to reality?

You didn't even read my thread get out shoo !!! I will get the hose.

Toaster

A furry is a faggot. This is a common fact known by many people. OP is also a faggot. This too is known by many people.