• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is a good digital sketch pad?

JakeTheFoXx

Ope, 'Scuse Me
Hey, so I'm currently in the market for a new laptop. My little cousin is going to get surprised with my 2016 MacBook Air. She is quite the little artist, and I want to encourage her to continue to pursue her passion. Me, only being a patron of artists such as yourselves does not know anything about the programs or digital sketch pad thingys that are out there. I figured I would see what is commonly used here and what is recommended. My little cousin is 13 years old, and very sharp, so I feel she could learn some of the more complex programs and hardware options out there.

Also, is the MacBook Air a decent computer for tasks such as those listed above?

Thanks for any input! ^^

-Jake

Liseran Thistle

They/Them
If you want free options there is in fact a totally free art sketch book called Autodesk. It's free to download, and it's just as good as other programs like paint or sai.

Autodesk SketchBook

It's again, 100 percent free, and you get access to all of the brushes and cool premium settings on it.