• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is a Nazi? At least in regards to the fandom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I usually call right-wing and centrist whiners "Status Quo Warriors," personally.

Personally, I think it's more about people being snowflakes than just general fuckwits. At this point, "SJW" and "snowflake" are often treated as interchangeable terms--where "snowflake" describes a thin-skinned, hypersensitive, immature person who implicitly expects the world to cater to their personal feelings and expectations "because reasons." When the world fails to cater to their feelings or expectations, they take it personally, and automatically assume malicious intent.

(Of course, "snowflake" is also regularly mis-applied to people who have legitimate ethical concerns and/or reasonable expectations. Ironically, people who throw around words like "snowflake" willy-nilly tend to be snowflakes themselves, because they can't handle criticism or dissent in any form.)

Last edited:

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Also in the WAPO today:

www.washingtonpost.com: ‘Unite the Right’ organizer gets approval for rally anniversary event in D.C.

And a quote from the organizer: (Nazi)

"A week after last year’s rally, Kessler tweeted that Heyer “was a fat, disgusting Communist” and that her death was “payback time.” He later repudiated the tweet, saying he had been drinking and taking Ambien and Xanax."

As always, blame things on something else! Of course, it was the drugs doing the talking, not him...o_O

Well, he wants to do this right across from the White House; I guess Trump can then thank all the 'fine people' among the neo-nazis Kessler brings...

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Wait, I thought drug abuse and/or dependence was for "degenerates" or "untermenschen?" It's almost like there's no actual, grounded rationale or moral conviction for anything here!

Last edited:

Kyr

Reeeeeee
Banned
I'm sure there's a joke here about gays forcing Nazis into the closet...
I usually call right-wing and centrist whiners "Status Quo Warriors," personally.

Personally, I think it's more about people being snowflakes than just general fuckwits. At this point, "SJW" and "snowflake" are often treated as interchangeable terms--where "snowflake" describes a thin-skinned, hypersensitive, immature person who implicitly expects the world to cater to their personal feelings and expectations "because reasons." When the world fails to cater to their feelings or expectations, they take it personally, and automatically assume malicious intent.

(Of course, "snowflake" is also regularly mis-applied to people who have legitimate ethical concerns and/or reasonable expectations. Ironically, people who throw around words like "snowflake" willy-nilly tend to be snowflakes themselves, because they can't handle criticism or dissent in any form.)
I had noticed. Initially it was met with a degree of ire because, knowing what i do about how the term SJW was initially applied and the group the term was used against i saw it as simply setting up a false equivalency where those that have been labelled Social Justice Warriors can simply dismiss their critics by calling them Status Quo Warriors.

I'm sure you know how the term SJW is so casually applied, and i don't think introducing the idea of an SQW will to anything to improve discourse. There's also the issue that such terminology sets things up as a traditionally Conservative VS Liberal issue, which it simply isn't.

Everyone is a snowflake, isn't the point of calling someone a snowflake to point out how stupid they're being because ultimately they're just like everyone else?
I know The Young Turks started using snowflake as an insult to "right wing" types because the insult was thrown at people like them and they decided to be passive aggressive.

Either way, the concept of insulting someone by calling them a snowflake is stupid. Which, ironically, is why only snowflakes are insulted by the term.

Kyr

Reeeeeee
Banned
But seeing as we're unfortunately back on topic, here's a video that highlights the nature of the Aryan Brotherhood.

Surprisingly it's not actually a clickbait title.

dragon-in-sight

mane diva
The Nazi lable is a quite over used Term today. In modern internet Culture it has become some kind of synonym for someone who is overly strict on something. As for me Nazi is a Term discribing someone with ultra right nationalist or fascist attitude. He/she is defined by this 14 characteristics:

-chauvinism
-strident and obtrusive Nationalism.
-contempt for basic civil rights.
-designating certain minoritys as scapegoats to rally their supporters against a seemingly common enemy.
-Strong emphasis on military and show of force.
-unbridled Sexism or strait up misogyny and homophobia
-attempts to manipulate the perceptions of others through propaganda and made up storries.
-Obsession with terms of national security and revocation of civil rights to preserve it.
-Verry rigid and fundamentalist religious views used as political agenda.
-approves the repeal of checks and balances in favour of a single authoritarian leadership precept.
-Strong belives in the inequality of people and the breakdown of society in elitist and underclass people.
-Contempt for Art and all forms of intellectuality
-Obsession with Law & Order.
-Obsession with success, competion, and the belive that only the strong deserve to survive.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Did Gryphon just necro a cancerous thread to score points? Ugh. Seeing the recent happenings, maybe we should rather focus on actual problems the fandom has, like groups of zoosadists.
Such a discussion would be swiftly terminated by mods over "huwt zoowophile feewings"

D

Deleted member 115426

So yeah, after I- uh, I mean someone got good ol' Yakamaru banned, I guess it's finally safe to let the facts be heard without risk of getting shouted down by the altfur mob.
The quoted above? It's literally a bunch of nazi talking points strung together.

Mind that I asked him this question.

The fact he didn't answer me is telling. It's all part of the strategy: by not giving you the rules under which free speech is supposed to operate (according to them), you can do whatever to uphold free speech, but when you criticize them they're able to move the goalposts and accuse you of infringing their free speech. Because they didn't define what they mean by "free speech" in the first place. Spoiler: it means giving nazis the biggest megaphone for free and never saying anything against them ever.
I remember when I got banned for a month for calling out Yaka and Kyr. Funny how they're both gone now. It feels like the forums are slowly getting cleaner and the only crazy people left are few and far between or trolls who get banned within a day.

Casey Fluffbat

E. Fuscus from the discount section
I remember when I got banned for a month for calling out Yaka and Kyr. Funny how they're both gone now. It feels like the forums are slowly getting cleaner and the only crazy people left are few and far between or trolls who get banned within a day.

I knew Yaka was on the right for some time, but some of the stuff he has said in the past 5 months (being the most politically charged time since I joined this forum) I gave the side-eye to. People who cling to a certain way of thinking for too long tend to concern me.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me

Alondight

always fluffy
Should anybody else harbor such sympathies, be aware I'm representing more than just one individual firebrand.

And we all will come for you.
You're trying too hard to make it sound like you achieved something.
510.jpg

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I definitely think people who found themselves agreeing with posts by Yakamaru, Ciderfine, Kyr, ResolutionBlaze, and so forth should re-evaluate the reasons that they agreed, in light of the fact that all of these users have managed to get themselves banned for antisemitic posts, defending hateful ideologies, harassing transgender users and so forth.

I am not convinced that re-opening this thread, especially in his way, is going to prompt people to do this though.

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
This place was nice just long enough for me to grow attached to people, and then everything went to shit so fucking fast and has stayed there almost the entire time. At least 2 users deleted their accounts over this shit, 3 banned, and a shit ton inactive or feeling relegated to Forum Games because the actual discussion forums periodically get overrun with social justice trolls and their never ending political discourse.

They aren't even around now, and you're still airing your dirty laundry around for no absolutely no reason but to upset people.
Ok.

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
But go ahead continuing to pretend you're some kind of misunderstood heros, protecting the forums from some great threat out tiny minds can't understand.

Fallowfox

Connor J. Coyote

So yeah, after I- uh, I mean someone got good ol' Yakamaru banned, I guess it's finally safe to let the facts be heard without risk of getting shouted down by the altfur mob.
The quoted above? It's literally a bunch of nazi talking points strung together.

Mind that I asked him this question.

The fact he didn't answer me is telling. It's all part of the strategy: by not giving you the rules under which free speech is supposed to operate (according to them), you can do whatever to uphold free speech, but when you criticize them they're able to move the goalposts and accuse you of infringing their free speech. Because they didn't define what they mean by "free speech" in the first place. Spoiler: it means giving nazis the biggest megaphone for free and never saying anything against them ever.

Are you serious? You're a funny guy. ☺

Look dude - I don't know you.. but (with all due respect) - I think you probably need to take these issues over to Discord where they belong - and where many of those other (now banned) former users have migrated to, en masse.

Perhaps the "Wild West" free-for-all moderation system (over there) can provide you (and these other folks) a viable platform to engage in the knock down, drag out fights over these issues that (both sides) seem to be determined to engage in.

I tell you what, (here's a suggestion) : you can "copy and cut" this entire thread, if you like - and then paste it over there on Discord - and you and these other folks can take things up - right where you left off, two weeks ago.

You can fight about this for days on end, if desired... and best of all: none of us here on the Forum will have to read it anymore. Sound cool? ☺

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
WHAT IS A NAZI? A MISERABLE PILE OF HATRED! BUT ENOUGH TALK! HAVE AT YOU!

Fallowfox

This place was nice just long enough for me to grow attached to people, and then everything went to shit so fucking fast and has stayed there almost the entire time. At least 2 users deleted their accounts over this shit, 3 banned, and a shit ton inactive or feeling relegated to Forum Games because the actual discussion forums periodically get overrun with social justice trolls and their never ending political discourse.

They aren't even around now, and you're still airing your dirty laundry around for no absolutely no reason but to upset people.
Ok.

I don't want to be the person who has to remind everybody, but I've actually been asked to comment on this.

This place wasn't just everybody being nice and getting along before these users were banned.

There was a really nasty atmosphere that made a lot of users, particularly the forum's Jewish users, feel very uncomfortable here.
Those users who were banned, like Yakamaru, ResolutionBlaze and Kyr, had posted images of Swastikas, made posts questioning the extent of the Holocaust and defended the right of neonazis to speak at public events. They made posts implying that allowing gay people to adopt would facilitate child abuse. :\
One of them confessed to being friends with people who identified as supporters of neonazism, and being a member of a banned alt-right discord server.

It is important that we remember why these users were banned, because they might try to get permission to come back one day after they think everybody's forgotten why they were banned.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

@SSJ3Mewtwo lock because necro?
^This and....
Nah, I'm just closing some loose ends. Should anybody else harbor such sympathies, be aware I'm representing more than just one individual firebrand.

And we all will come for you.

Case in point.

Ah, the thought-terminating cliche of the day.

Dude knock off the high and mighty attitude you are only going to push people away from liberal and progressive ideology. By being an immature brat by dragging others into your argument with another user you are going to be rejected and ridiculed by the bystanders you drag into the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.