• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is Consent to you? -- Furry Kinky Spaces verses Mainstream Kinky Spaces...

Knowledge Check! Are you violating consent if you walk your partner on a leash downthe street?

• No.

• (Only) so long as the person walking and the person getting walked are consenting.

• Yes, because it's in public.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Heres a thing that's been inching my scalp for awhile...
Furry fandom, in it's kinky spaces, it very much unlike other kinky spaces.

Looking strictly at furry fandom's kinky spaces, there doesn't seem to be a strong culture of consent here in the furry community that exists as common protocol in other kink communities.
While I'm not saying that all the BDSM folk are model kinksters all the time, I am saying is that standard protocols of consent seem to be weak here.

Would you agree? What are some strong consent protocols that you've seen in the community? Where are some weaknesses that you've seen?

Talk about your own experiences (keep it pg-13).

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Oh god I know this thing. It reminds me of an arguement I had with Bagh and his cronies about public sex and I said it wasn't right because the person who walks up on it can't consent. Then they all got really pissed at me and got all upset about our "puritanical" society and that it would help teach kids about sex education. Can you guess my next reaction? "DON'T HAVE SEX IN FRONT OF KIDS!"

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Oh god I know this thing. It reminds me of an arguement I had with Bagh and his cronies about public sex and I said it wasn't right because the person who walks up on it can't consent. Then they all got really pissed at me and got all upset about our "puritanical" society and that it would help teach kids about sex education. Can you guess my next reaction? "DON'T HAVE SEX IN FRONT OF KIDS!"
I've had so many arguments about the question above in this fandom. It's kind of disturbing.
Not just "don't have sex in front of kids"-
Don't have sex in public.

It's not just kids. The adults there didn't consent to seeing this shit either.

theawakening

The lazy fox... what else?
Banned
Not derailing; but we already have a thread for this, okay?

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
I've been talking about this on conjunction with other threads, but this is different. This thread it talking about the consent gap in this fandom. And like... how bad it is.

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
Ok, I am going to need context here.

My take on consent: Unless otherwise stated, it's a no from me.

I have never had any problems with consent, nor have anyone else I know of. If we're talking kinks we hammer those out beforehand, if we are talking RP.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
So Percy, what experiences did you have that lead you to believe people aren't valuing consent as strongly as they should and how should we remedy this?

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
I think a more blunt way to say it is, do you think bending someone over a park bench in public and slapping their ass is okay? Does it only matter if the two people doing the act consent or about the public around them who had no say in whether they see it or not?
This is a PG-13 thread, as OP clearly stated in her first post. Why are you raving on about something that is not PG-13 in your post above?

My take on it is keep that shit to yourself and in the privacy of your own home. Public indecency is a thing, and you get punished for it accordingly. Though some people are actually into that shit.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
This is a PG-13 thread, as OP clearly stated in her first post. Why are you raving on about something that is not PG-13 in your post above?

My take on it is keep that shit to yourself and in the privacy of your own home. Public indecency is a thing, and you get punished for it accordingly. Though some people are actually into that shit.
I had to be blunt about it because furries are degenerates and apparently a person on a leash didn't quite make peopl get the memo lol. Sorry though. Technically this whole forum is supposed to pg-13.

O

Oakie-Dokie

Okay, anything past a hug needs to have consent attached to it. Consent is a pretty clear action, too:
As for doing things like this in public, the keyword is PUBLIC. There are other people around you that haven't consented to seeing your actions and you, therefore, can have charges pressed against you. DON'T. DO. THE DEED. IN. PUBLIC.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Am I the only person who doesn't really know what event everybody's talking about?
No event in particular. Just the idea in general.

I miss licked because phone.
Consent is permission to do x.
Someone walking up on sex acts can't consent to being involved, so it is somewhat of an issue to do sex things in public. You can be affectionate, but there is a line where you need to get a room.
Internet matters.
When you said you "miss licked" your phone I was reminded of like one of the worst things ever. There was this chick in my highschool that would clean her phone by licking the screen. And like any time someone said it was nasty she did it to spite them. God help me why did you give me that flashback lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.