• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is something interesting about you?

Magick

Posing school graduate
Does being in school for massage therapy count as interesting? If not then I got nothin'

jtrekkie

Feathered
Masseuses (masseusae?) are fascinating.

@Red
I'm very happy to hear that your sober. Odessa is pretty bad these days. Never would have thought a furry would be there, but I guess it makes sense. Jackrabbits and all.

I seem to get myself hurt a lot, usually my fault. I was shot at one time, but it was an accident. I do some trapping in the winter. If that bothers you I understand completely. I fix electronics in my spare time. I have played in a concert that people payed to attend. I played "Maple Leaf Rag" and "Prelude in C# Minor" back to back, and got a standing ovation anyway.

I did have a really good job trimming trees, either usually $100 a day or $50 if we just had small jobs. I watched my boss go through a mental break, but didn't recognize it. I remember one time he told me he wouldn't mind if he was "hopped up on meth" if he wasn't so tired. In the weeks after that, we started working more and paying less attention to safety. We were working dawn till dark, 7 days a week, and not getting paid so well anymore. We would top trees without ropes, I've come close to being smashed that way a couple times, and I was usually the one who had to climb up and pull the limbs out of the power lines.

I do have a semi-funny story. We had this homemade bucket truck. It was built into a '60s Chevy out of parts just laying around. The hydraulic pump was actually made out of a starter motor and would only run 45 seconds at a time before it overheated. Anyway, my brother an I were working up in the mountains. It had been raining all day and we were soaked. The boss had already left some time ago. It was dark, it started snowing, the truck didn't have a heater, we didn't have any money (or coats). We were cold, and tired, we hadn't eaten all day, and we a 120 mile drive. So we decided to take a "shortcut" through the reservation.

After about 30 minutes the headlights started going out whenever you hit the brakes. Then it started turning off and on randomly every few seconds. (Later I found a short under the dash, and all of the fuses wired shut. It was a wonder it didn't catch fire.) About the time we realized that our shortcut was a bad idea, we ran out of gas. So there we were stranded in the middle of an Indian Reservation without any cell service, and my brother had stopped shivering. Have you ever met an Apache? They aren't particularly friendly. We finally got home running the mixed gas for the chainsaws.

What else? I was molested as a child, too. I had just started taking piano. I never told anyone what happened, and I had a lot of problems after that. I overdosed on blood pressure medication. But I'm over that now. I found Jesus and I'm just fine. I just Googled the guy, it looks like he's doing OK.

That's a lot longer than I intended. I feel better, anyway.

Last edited:

tisr

I exist perhaps
Woah everyone got interesting backstories.

When I was about 7 I had a growth on my right leg. I had hit my leg on a wall at around the same time, so I was sent for doctor vists, an x-ray, more MRIs than I can remember, and they told me I had a benign tumor on my leg, which had caused an overgrowth of blood vessels which had grown into the muscle and begin to irritate the nerves on my leg. When my leg was touched or hit, it caused intense pain. More scans, more tests, and when I was 12 I underwent a procedure which was supposed to inject something into my leg to kill off the blood vessels.

The procedure failed. My leg did not improve at all, and it caused my to lose 90% of muscle mass in my leg and I was unable to move my right foot. For 1 year I did physical therapy to try to regain the lost muscle, and I wore this really cool leg support which allowed me to walk. Thankfully, I managed to regain movement in my foot, and gained more strength in my leg. Right now, I have problems standing or walking for extended periods of time, and it still causes pain was touched. But the doctors said if it caused no additional problems, it was best to ignore it until something happens.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
It's always a pleasure reading about others' experiences. Thank you OP and others for sharing your stories and quirks.

I'll share the bits that make up the relevancy of myself. I'm currently the third oldest son in a broken family - I have two older brothers, two older stepsisters, two younger sisters, one younger brother, two younger stepbrothers, and one half-brother. I was (and like to think I still am) the smartest in my family, though I have had too many bumps and my potential has dropped to almost nothing due to many family problems and stressful situations. I had scored in the top 5% in state testing in 7th grade, and I had a paid scholarship and trip to an academy in New York waiting for me, as long as my parents gave the okay. They did not give the okay, and it was not a straight answer. My mother pretended to lose the papers because she couldn't say no to me (I figured this out years later when I used the wasted scholarship against her), and she couldn't stand the thought of me being so many states away. Going to New York was never an option for me and her.

My dad was never there, and up until my parents divorced on the same year I got the scholarship, he whored himself around with other women that I couldn't call Mom. But on top of it all, he kept paying the bills and feeding our mouths like we were only an obligation. Not family, but an obligation. I hated him for this (he was having an affair on the day of my birth, leaving my mother alone at the hospital). The drama was at its peak when my parents sat me and my siblings around the living room and asked us which one of the two we loved more. Whoever we "loved" more, we'd be moving in with.

My younger siblings and I chose mom, while my oldest brothers went with my dad, but I regretted that soon after because she would take her anger out on me and my sisters. I went through a state of depression that year, and I became suicidal. I was supposed to see a psychiatrist but I ran away from home the day of the appointment. My depression stopped when I found out my two oldest brothers had also tried to take their own lives; the oldest had gone out to the woods and slashed his wrists, and the other tried to kill himself via alcohol poisoning. This shot holes into our morale, more holes than we already had. I realized that I had to be the stronger one, and I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't be a burden to my mother and my siblings, that I would only help, not mope. I started working at age 15 to help my parents out with bills, causing my academics to plummet, and that went on for a few years until recently, when I realized my parents were using me as a crutch and taking my help for granted.

I was kicked out of both of my parents' homes only to be begged to come back. While their actions hurt me, I couldn't say no to them because of the promise I had made to myself. I'm currently staying with my father and helping him out, although I do resent him for his past actions. He has never said he was sorry for the pain he caused.

Yet, I choose to put up with him because I am driven by the obligation to love my family.

--------

Enough with the mopy stuff.

- I have a very shitty memory since I'll forget things three seconds after I'm told.

- I'm easily tempted by gummy worms. I'll do almost anything for a pack.

- I go out of my way to make everything I eat spicy.

- Chewing on my tongue is something I do subconsciously, and I won't notice I'm doing it until I start tasting blood.

- My eyes twitch when I'm angry or annoyed.

- I broke my right arm when I was 3 years old thanks to my brother pushing me off a jungle gym. I have a cool scar to show for it.

- Once, I put an electrical cigarette lighter on my tongue while it was scorching hot... I was curious, okay. I know my pain threshold well because of instances like these.

- I was a student of the month for every year I was in elementary school. They spelled my name correctly only once on the certificate.

- *strokes ego*

Magick

Posing school graduate
jtrekkie - I think they're pretty neat too, part of the reason I'm learning to be one.

Well, I can think of a few things that could be considered interesting.

-When I was younger, I was grounded because my half brother hurt himself because he was mad at me

-One of my friends used to be very anti-gay and judgmental before he met me

-A minute after picking me up at my house, my friends forgot I was in the car and almost turned around to go back

-I received an 8/10 from a mall model search when I was younger

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
Ummmmm, the least boring thing about me is probably my anxiety disorders and emetophobia. I am a worry wart of epic proportions and my severe phobia of vomit kinda controls my life and decisions. It takes me a good couple of years to trust someone's cooking skills enough to eat their sausages at a BBQ, I never drink more than one or one and a half servings of alcohol, I avoid themepark rides and sea travel (juuuust in case), plus more silly habits. My fear extends to other minor illnesses like flu, diarreah etc. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome so when I'm nervous or excitable I tend to do runny shits and that always really distresses me, and if I'm out while it happens I end up phoning my mum for a pep-talk. xD

I have had phases during my teen years (and first part of being 20) of very severe panic attacks and anxiety that are related to my illness phobia. I'm on meds for it so I can keep a lid on it for the most part. When I was 13-14 I had it bad because I was unwell once with a stomach ache for a few days (never vomited though) and it made a too lasting impression. Then when I was 17 I had the same trigger happen and from then on it was panic attack after panic attack and it got so bad by the time I was nearly 18 that I couldn't leave the house and would have a screaming fit whenever my family left the house. I went hours and hours without eating (but then kinda eat loads at night because I was starving) because I thought I was ill and would throw up if I ate. I had terrible migraines, and when I was 18 they were constant and I had one that lasted 3 weeks. I couldn't sleep, even if I was in my mum's bed, so at like 4AM we'd be sitting downstairs watching Jane Goodall DVDs to try and calm me down.
I finally had tablets in March 2011, when I was 18. And the tablets made me feel better within days, I wasn't perfect though. Then being invited on 3 dates with some guy and then getting together with my current boyfriend really helped me break out of the rut. I have to travel just over 300 miles to get to my boyfriend.

Then when I was 19 I had another very severe bout of panic. Well, I was kinda anorexic for a bit before then, then I was better. Then I tried going without anxiety meds because I felt well, but that was a big mistake. I ended up having an even worse bout of panic coupled with constant migraine, cue the worst christmas I've ever had. Lying in bed, head pounding, crying and screaming. Anyway, started my meds again and after a few weeks my headaches subsided and all the weight I'd put back on I lost again (only this time by accident.) And every few weeks I would get joint aches like I had the flu and it would scare me. Eventually got back to "normal" and could live life again. Let's just say I've gone from skinny to "shit I need excercise".

I still get nervous migraines, weird fluey aches, slight moments of regression occassionally but they aren't as bad now. Those tablets, coupled with a long distance boyfriend and need to travel to carry out hobbies have made my anxiety easier to deal with. Also, my visits to my favourite zoos are a calming influence too.

Last edited:

yesterday

Ummmmm, the least boring thing about me is probably my anxiety disorders and emetophobia. I am a worry wart of epic proportions and my severe phobia of vomit kinda controls my life and decisions. It takes me a good couple of years to trust someone's cooking skills enough to eat their sausages at a BBQ, I never drink more than one or one and a half servings of alcohol, I avoid themepark rides and sea travel (juuuust in case), plus more silly habits. My fear extends to other minor illnesses like flu, diarreah etc. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome so when I'm nervous or excitable I tend to do runny shits and that always really distresses me, and if I'm out while it happens I end up phoning my mum for a pep-talk. xD

I have had phases during my teen years (and first part of being 20) of very severe panic attacks and anxiety that are related to my illness phobia. I'm on meds for it so I can keep a lid on it for the most part. When I was 13-14 I had it bad because I was unwell once with a stomach ache for a few days (never vomited though) and it made a too lasting impression. Then when I was 17 I had the same trigger happen and from then on it was panic attack after panic attack and it got so bad by the time I was nearly 18 that I couldn't leave the house and would have a screaming fit whenever my family left the house. I went hours and hours without eating (but then kinda eat loads at night because I was starving) because I thought I was ill and would throw up if I ate. I had terrible migraines, and when I was 18 they were constant and I had one that lasted 3 weeks. I couldn't sleep, even if I was in my mum's bed, so at like 4AM we'd be sitting downstairs watching Jane Goodall DVDs to try and calm me down.
I finally had tablets in March 2011, when I was 18. And the tablets made me feel better within days, I wasn't perfect though. Then being invited on 3 dates with some guy and then getting together with my current boyfriend really helped me break out of the rut. I have to travel just over 300 miles to get to my boyfriend.

Then when I was 19 I had another very severe bout of panic. Well, I was kinda anorexic for a bit before then, then I was better. Then I tried going without anxiety meds because I felt well, but that was a big mistake. I ended up having an even worse bout of panic coupled with constant migraine, cue the worst christmas I've ever had. Lying in bed, head pounding, crying and screaming. Anyway, started my meds again and after a few weeks my headaches subsided and all the weight I'd put back on I lost again (only this time by accident.) And every few weeks I would get joint aches like I had the flu and it would scare me. Eventually got back to "normal" and could live life again. Let's just say I've gone from skinny to "shit I need excercise".

I still get nervous migraines, weird fluey aches, slight moments of regression occassionally but they aren't as bad now. Those tablets, coupled with a long distance boyfriend and need to travel to carry out hobbies have made my anxiety easier to deal with. Also, my visits to my favourite zoos are a calming influence too.
I also have severe emetophobia so I know exactly what it's like. Just wanted to say you're not alone. *hugs*

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
It's supposed to be about as common as arachnophobia.
It kinda makes sense, as no one likes throwing up. It puts you in a vulnerable position.

OceanOrca

Anthropologist
I'm a direct descendant of the 18th Dynasty of Egypt.
If you look at side by side photos of my face, and the bust statues of Akhenaten the resemblance is absolutely uncanny. My lineage on my mothers side traces back to the 18th dynasty of kings during the reign of the line Amenhotep to Akhenaten.
I have white olive skin and am treated like a white person, but most people are completely unaware that I'm only 3rd generation African American on my mothers side.
Needless to say, I really hate when people give me the "how can you be african, you're not black" comment.

Both of my parents are Bipolar I, as am I, infact everyone in my family is Bipolar. There isn't a single person in my genetic family whom isn't bipolar. However I am the first person in my family to have been identified as a hypersexual.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I don't think there's anything interesting to say about me.
I listen to music, a lot, and I appreciate vinyls a lot more than digital tracks.
I appreciate art, and by that I mean stuff like michelangelo, Barlowe and Dalí instead of randomfurryartist321.
I believe in some conspiracy theories and I hate how there is no longer a thing called privacy.
Really introverted and I fail in conversations IRL unless I'm talking to an old friend.

Mauve

- I am the whitest person in a family mostly comprised of tan/olive-fleshed people. As far as I know, I don't have a skin condition.

- I have seasonal affective disorder, and I can feel myself slipping into a depressive state as the days grow shorter. Yay....

- I've only met one of my grandfathers, and he died when I was only four years old. The others died before I was even born.

- I compose chiptunes. Most of them suck.

- I also have social anxiety disorder. For many years, it has made it difficult for me to develop meaningful relationships with others. I'm trying to get better though.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I'm a direct descendant of the 18th Dynasty of Egypt.
If you look at side by side photos of my face, and the bust statues of Akhenaten the resemblance is absolutely uncanny. My lineage on my mothers side traces back to the 18th dynasty of kings during the reign of the line Amenhotep to Akhenaten.
I have white olive skin and am treated like a white person, but most people are completely unaware that I'm only 3rd generation African American on my mothers side.
Needless to say, I really hate when people give me the "how can you be african, you're not black" comment.

Both of my parents are Bipolar I, as am I, infact everyone in my family is Bipolar. There isn't a single person in my genetic family whom isn't bipolar. However I am the first person in my family to have been identified as a hypersexual.

This is a meaningless statement, unfortunately. :\

If you go back far enough [in this case 3.5 thousand years], everybody is related to everyone- so pretty much everybody in existence who doesn't come from an isolated gene pool that predates the 18th dynasty [like native Australians], can claim the 18th dynasty are their ancestors.

"The common ancestor of everyone alive today lived something like 3,500 years ago. So you are not saying anything when you have your test done and find out you are descended from Romans. Everybody is." ~Steve Jones, emeritus professor of genetics at University College London

S

Selachi

I almost hit Dave Chapelle with my car one time. He walked out from behind a parked truck without using a crosswalk.

Chaossal

Ahhhh I can't really think of anything interesting about myself >o<

I'm not interesting q0q

The only thing I can think of was that once I was attacked and robbed over a shitty $20 virgin mobile flip phone

Kosdu

This is a meaningless statement, unfortunately. :\

If you go back far enough [in this case 3.5 thousand years], everybody is related to everyone- so pretty much everybody in existence who doesn't come from an isolated gene pool that predates the 18th dynasty [like native Australians], can claim the 18th dynasty are their ancestors.

"The common ancestor of everyone alive today lived something like 3,500 years ago. So you are not saying anything when you have your test done and find out you are descended from Romans. Everybody is." ~Steve Jones, emeritus professor of genetics at University College London

In a class in high school, we were told that new theories suggest another race of humans came to be in South America, independent of the old world.

I most certainly value my small cherokee blood over all my other blood.

Magick

Posing school graduate
So in this thread we have the masseuse who touches people on the outside in ways that people really like, and the surgical technician who touches people on the inside in ways that no one would ever like.

Almost seem like they should go hand in hand.