• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is something interesting about you?

Lucidus

Banned
Banned
It's always a pleasure reading about others' experiences. Thank you OP and others for sharing your stories and quirks.

I'll share the bits that make up the relevancy of myself. I'm currently the third oldest son in a broken family - I have two older brothers, two older stepsisters, two younger sisters, one younger brother, two younger stepbrothers, and one half-brother. I was (and like to think I still am) the smartest in my family, though I have had too many bumps and my potential has dropped to almost nothing due to many family problems and stressful situations. I had scored in the top 5% in state testing in 7th grade, and I had a paid scholarship and trip to an academy in New York waiting for me, as long as my parents gave the okay. They did not give the okay, and it was not a straight answer. My mother pretended to lose the papers because she couldn't say no to me (I figured this out years later when I used the wasted scholarship against her), and she couldn't stand the thought of me being so many states away. Going to New York was never an option for me and her.

My dad was never there, and up until my parents divorced on the same year I got the scholarship, he whored himself around with other women that I couldn't call Mom. But on top of it all, he kept paying the bills and feeding our mouths like we were only an obligation. Not family, but an obligation. I hated him for this (he was having an affair on the day of my birth, leaving my mother alone at the hospital). The drama was at its peak when my parents sat me and my siblings around the living room and asked us which one of the two we loved more. Whoever we "loved" more, we'd be moving in with.

My younger siblings and I chose mom, while my oldest brothers went with my dad, but I regretted that soon after because she would take her anger out on me and my sisters. I went through a state of depression that year, and I became suicidal. I was supposed to see a psychiatrist but I ran away from home the day of the appointment. My depression stopped when I found out my two oldest brothers had also tried to take their own lives; the oldest had gone out to the woods and slashed his wrists, and the other tried to kill himself via alcohol poisoning. This shot holes into our morale, more holes than we already had. I realized that I had to be the stronger one, and I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't be a burden to my mother and my siblings, that I would only help, not mope. I started working at age 15 to help my parents out with bills, causing my academics to plummet, and that went on for a few years until recently, when I realized my parents were using me as a crutch and taking my help for granted.

I was kicked out of both of my parents' homes only to be begged to come back. While their actions hurt me, I couldn't say no to them because of the promise I had made to myself. I'm currently staying with my father and helping him out, although I do resent him for his past actions. He has never said he was sorry for the pain he caused.

Yet, I choose to put up with him because I am driven by the obligation to love my family.

--------

Enough with the mopy stuff.

- I have a very shitty memory since I'll forget things three seconds after I'm told.

- I'm easily tempted by gummy worms. I'll do almost anything for a pack.

- I go out of my way to make everything I eat spicy.

- Chewing on my tongue is something I do subconsciously, and I won't notice I'm doing it until I start tasting blood.

- My eyes twitch when I'm angry or annoyed.

- I broke my right arm when I was 3 years old thanks to my brother pushing me off a jungle gym. I have a cool scar to show for it.

- Once, I put an electrical cigarette lighter on my tongue while it was scorching hot... I was curious, okay. I know my pain threshold well because of instances like these.

- I was a student of the month for every year I was in elementary school. They spelled my name correctly only once on the certificate.

- *strokes ego*

I can relate in more than one way. I also have a shattered home and spent many nights living in missions before I began my nation wide travels. Its hard to be strong for others, being a oldest sibling I can understand. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice for them. Family can be such a fragile thing. Props to you and want to say your not alone. *hugs*

Last edited:

SkyGuy135

I would say my health is my biggest thing.

My whole life I was labeled as the "fat kid" till the very end of high school. I went through some really rough times almost taking my own life. I went into the Dr. for a regular check up when he told me I was at high risk of getting diabetes. This scared the living hell out of me. After that I knew then I had to change. I gave up smoking and started working towards weight loss. 8 months later I dropped 73 pounds and now I'm at a healthy 210. I guess it takes a big wake up call to put forth the motivation to get healthy eh?

RedSavage1

DefunctDupAccount
I would say my health is my biggest thing.

My whole life I was labeled as the "fat kid" till the very end of high school. I went through some really rough times almost taking my own life. I went into the Dr. for a regular check up when he told me I was at high risk of getting diabetes. This scared the living hell out of me. After that I knew then I had to change. I gave up smoking and started working towards weight loss. 8 months later I dropped 73 pounds and now I'm at a healthy 210. I guess it takes a big wake up call to put forth the motivation to get healthy eh?

Hell yeah dude! Good on you. Keep up the healthy life style.

I remember my freshman year being a miserable time. I gained sixty pounds in the space of about... five months. Nothing but sleep and food and depression. Stuffing away my feelings and stuff. Once I kind of SNAPPED out of it and noticed that I had stretch marks and a crap ton of jeans that didn't fit anymore, I was terrified. I immediately started being physical on my own time and cut back on the food. So in response, I ended up losing eighty pounds. (at six feet tall, I went from 185, to 245, to 164 at my lowest) I've since gained some weigh, but I'm sitting at a decent 165 now. Maybe 170. I've been too busy to exercise as I should have lately. :C

I'm finding I'm interested in reading people's life stories. I don't think there's much interesting about me to be honest, except everyone that knows me tends to use me as a calculator :/

Ieono

Uberaffe
I've spent a year hitchhiking through 15 states.

jtrekkie

Feathered
I'm finding I'm interested in reading people's life stories. I don't think there's much interesting about me to be honest, except everyone that knows me tends to use me as a calculator :/

tan(10)^100 Go!

I've spent a year hitchhiking through 15 states.

I bet you have a lot of stories.

Kosdu

I'm no Alexander Aitken :/

It's just like everyone around me is unable to do basic mental calculations at a decent speed, so they get me to do it when they can. I was always the best at mad minute math sheets though.

Is there even a formula you can use to determine the tan of something, or do you need to remember them?

I'm kinda the same way with math though, it has to do with being able to see patterns and keep them in your mind whike you work on others.

Teckolf

Drank ALL the Coffee!!!
Well, first off is it degrees or radians? Tan(theta) = sin(theta)/cos(theta) = opp/adj = etc... You can use trig identities to solve most trig functions manually or you can use the unit circle to guestimate values between common angles.

Now if only I could remember shit like that on a test...

Vær

Mr. Prickles
I've been homeless for 6, going on 7, years now.

And to make it clear, homeless, but not broke or anything.

Vær

Mr. Prickles
I've been there and understand the difference. Best to you, different lifestyle.

Thank you. The sympathy is very much appreciated! The life of a vagabond can be a life of adventure.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
This is on the wrong forum. It should be in the General Discussion forum.
Also, no offense, but... tl;dr much? Nobody's gonna read all of what you wrote there.
I did...it was interesting.

I race my car 2 times a month. Shits epic fun.

Cekuba

My ADHD makes it hard to read long stories, but I pushed through and get the idea - looks like a lot of interesting people on here :)

For others like myself, I will use point form:

- Lived in -40 C in Arctic Circle
- Enjoy desert in summer at +45 C
- Lived in cabin in town of 600 with no heat, light, bathroom, etc
- Full pilots license, but don't fly anymore
- I had my son stolen from me by my psychotic x husband who I am sure abuses him but NO ONE BELIEVES ME
- Worked as an Air Traffic Controller
- Shattered my ankle 5 days before my son was born, still have issues walking - 1 plate, 6 screws, 2 pins
- With a small amount of education my work ethic has helped me gain better and better careers (but I plan to get education on the side)
- Ive driven on an ice bridge
- Ive swam in natural hot pools in northern Canada
- I grew up in a mansion and now live in a little rental hole, I'm fine with this
- I have always accepted I am a male inside, but I am a decent enough looking female, so I have no interest in changing physically (also I like men, not women - generally)
- I'm not 30 yet...

Lucidus

Banned
Banned
I did...it was interesting.

I race my car 2 times a month. Shits epic fun.

I race my Motorcycle as well, such a stress reliever.

My ADHD makes it hard to read long stories, but I pushed through and get the idea - looks like a lot of interesting people on here :)

For others like myself, I will use point form:

- Lived in -40 C in Arctic Circle
- Enjoy desert in summer at +45 C
- Lived in cabin in town of 600 with no heat, light, bathroom, etc
- Full pilots license, but don't fly anymore
- I had my son stolen from me by my psychotic x husband who I am sure abuses him but NO ONE BELIEVES ME
- Worked as an Air Traffic Controller
- Shattered my ankle 5 days before my son was born, still have issues walking - 1 plate, 6 screws, 2 pins
- With a small amount of education my work ethic has helped me gain better and better careers (but I plan to get education on the side)
- Ive driven on an ice bridge
- Ive swam in natural hot pools in northern Canada
- I grew up in a mansion and now live in a little rental hole, I'm fine with this
- I have always accepted I am a male inside, but I am a decent enough looking female, so I have no interest in changing physically (also I like men, not women - generally)
- I'm not 30 yet...

That's quite a bit there. Where did you live?

jtrekkie

Feathered
That's a lot for not 30 yet. You've been busy.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Like on a track or in the streets?
Track, I'd never street race here because its dangerous and the cops will take it away if you get pulled for street racing. Most of the time the cars are taken and destroyed.

Lucidus

Banned
Banned
Track, I'd never street race here because its dangerous and the cops will take it away if you get pulled for street racing. Most of the time the cars are taken and destroyed.

Agree, My version of racing on the streets isn't what you are probably thinking. Its way out on some abandoned road with miles of straight road... some place you can open her up a bit more safely.