• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is the dumbest law you've ever seen?

Skittlesthehusky

#1 forum dweller, fear me if you see me.
5th thread made tonight i think.
i'm trying my best to have many open discussions for people to chat about on here. :0

but yeah, i've seen some pretty weird laws.
one of them being that you can't lay down or sit on a sidewalk in nevada?????

what's the weirdest ones you've seen? link me some articles too if you can!

Taku

Can't hear you beneath the rumble of the bass
Spitting on the sidewalk in my town $50 fine. Its not enforced, but law.

C

CrookedCroc

In Mexico clergyman are not allowed to wear their religious garb in public.

But tbh I don't know if this is even enforced.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector

Also in Singapore they will cut your head off for masturbating... but I do not have this confirmed so I might be telling bs

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
La Crosse, WI city ordinance 381 : "No person shall within the city of La Crosse molest, injure or in any manner interfere with any squirrel of any kind."

What's interesting with laws like this is that on one hand it's fair enough, but on the other...why is it so oddly specific:confused:

I know that in a town in Alaska it's illegal for moose to walk on sidewalks!

(also, a lot of these are animal related)

The code states that anyone throwing snowballs, sticks, stones or “other missiles” at people or windows or other forms of property in order to injure, destroy, frighten, or annoy is guilty of a misdemeanor. [Provo, UT]
Guess I know what I’m doing next winter :V

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

Also in Singapore they will cut your head off for masturbating... but I do not have this confirmed so I might be telling bs

I'm pretty sure this is false. However a friend from Singapore told me that possessing certain quantities of drugs in Singapore is a 'mandatory death sentence'- and you are considered guilty 'until the contrary is proved' that the drugs are yours- if you for example own a key to a building that turns out to have drugs inside.

So they do have some horrifying laws.

jffry890

La Crosse, WI city ordinance 381 : "No person shall within the city of La Crosse molest, injure or in any manner interfere with any squirrel of any kind."

Obviously the non-sexual definition of molest, but they don't allowing hunting/trapping in city limits or are squirrels just protected from some stupid reason?

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Apparently in my state it’s illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket on sunday.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
blasphemous_400-ye_3479144b.jpg

This 'law' is a misprint in an edition of the King James bible. Regrettably most of them were burned!

Apparently in my state it’s illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket on sunday.

But it is fine on monday? x3

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
blasphemous_400-ye_3479144b.jpg

This 'law' is a misprint in an edition of the King James bible. Regrettably most of them were burned!

But it is fine on monday? x3
Apparently it’s fine on all days but Sunday!

Captain TrashPanda

A broke college racc
I got an old friend who lives in Colorado who told me there's a law that you cannot kill a dog in a high-altitude depressurization tank?
Not entirely sure that's true, but jesus what idiot caused them to make that law if it is?

RossTheRottie

Movie Buff, Aquascapist, Hack Writer
While not technically a law, the EPA regulations established in 2009 for portable fuel containers are probably the most epically stupid regulation I have ever seen.

Anybody who has tried to use a newer plastic gas can knows what I'm talking about. I had to spend 50 bucks to get an OSHA approved safety container, which doesn't have to comply with their infuriating group-think miscarriage of a "safety" spout that requires three hands to operate, inevitably breaks, and splashes gas all over the place because the regulation doesn't allow for a vent anymore. It has been known for millennia that if you pour a liquid out of a container, air has to come in. Supposedly this is to reduce emissions, but the gas that splashes onto the ground and all over a hot engine as well as the, I'm sure, countless broken spouts contribute far more to emissions than the much simpler previous method of just putting a cap on it.

Canis Dirus

Extinct Pleistocene canid

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
In Tennessee, it is illegal to carry a skunk over the state line.
It is also illegal to lasso fish.
It IS legal, however to shoot whales from your car window.