• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is the most cringeworthy thing you saw in/about the fandom?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I'm pretty sure the same way animal people appeals to some. Semi-random, sometimes based on a particular early-life experience.

One hypothesis for the prevalence of foot fetishism (the most common fetish) is that, since the regions of the brain that process sensory information from the feet is adjacent to the area processing information from the genitals, an association is liable to be formed between feet and sex.

stablercake

a bubblegum pink nose
One hypothesis for the prevalence of foot fetishism (the most common fetish) is that, since the regions of the brain that process sensory information from the feet is adjacent to the area processing information from the genitals, an association is liable to be formed between feet and sex.

That's actually p neat :0

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
The way some furs can be prudish and judgmental, and use a lack of empathy to make them look tough, or boost their egos.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
You and I both know where the prudishness comes from.

They're not getting laid! It makes you cranky and a killjoy.

*giggles*

I'd temporarily forgotten all about that part! It does tend to make people crotchety and up-tight.

Speaking of which, I gotta go bug my mate...I feel a wave of crankiness coming on, and we can't have that.

stablercake

a bubblegum pink nose
I just watched a video from The Raccoon's Den about fursuiters and I cringed so hard I'm inside out now so that I guess until I watch the wedding and single furries video

Wakor

Wakor Jones
I had a classmate showing our professor his anime-styled furry art. We are third year fine art majors.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I cringe at:
  • That "All of the Single Furries" video which was already posted.
  • Bad home-made fursuits that look like roadkill
  • When furries respond to outsiders' articles or blog posts about the fandom in a hysterical, defensive, spergy, and/or pedantic manner.
I also cringe when young furries engage in the usual, standard "kids being kids"-type behaviors, because I remember how I was very much the same way at a certain age, and because I pity the kids whose stupid pranks, bad comedy stylings, idiotic political commentary, vapid philosophical musings, or awkward dance routines are now going to be on the Interwebs forever.

OddOcculitist

Hail Satin!!!
Does any one remember Wolf Kids?
Well, I used to call them Wolf Kids. You know the teenage-ish kids who walk around in public with tails on. And not in public where it would be apporpiate, like let's say a convention center or a Renissance faire.
I just saw a teenage-ish girl at Subway yesterday who I would say is a Wolf Kid. I first noticed she had a hoodie with ears on the hood. I didn't really think much of it, they are kind of common now, (would love one with little devil horns personally), but then I noticed a little grey fuzzy tail poking out under the hoodie.

Aloe-ki

Skypark Dweller
Does any one remember Wolf Kids?
Well, I used to call them Wolf Kids. You know the teenage-ish kids who walk around in public with tails on. And not in public where it would be apporpiate, like let's say a convention center or a Renissance faire.
I just saw a teenage-ish girl at Subway yesterday who I would say is a Wolf Kid. I first noticed she had a hoodie with ears on the hood. I didn't really think much of it, they are kind of common now, (would love one with little devil horns personally), but then I noticed a little grey fuzzy tail poking out under the hoodie.

There are still people who do that ^^ I just don't like when the tail is too small XD

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
modular furs fucking through portals.

Zaedrin

Crappy fursuits. As an artist, nothing grinds my gears quite like bad craftsmanship.