• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is the single most horrifying piece of writing you've read on this site, and why?

I don't mean in terms of grammar/narrative/plot quality or extreme fetishes (although the latter plays into it relatively well); I mean "what is the most horrifying premise that you've found behind a piece of writing on this site?"

O

O.D.D.

...Only one?

Viletopia immediately comes to mind but that was supposedly a deliberate attempt at jumping the "wtf am I reading" shark

Most of the other cases are not things that are on FA anymore I think (if they ever were)

Last edited by a moderator:

pilgrimfromoblivion

UOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :sob:
Viletopia immediately comes to mind but that was supposedly a deliberate attempt at jumping the "wtf am I reading" shark
I can't seem to find anything on it and searches for it bring up The Kiwi Farms, so I'm assuming it's one of those "Edgy for the Sake of being Edgy" kinds of things. Not the good kind of edgy, where you can laugh at it and at least be mildly entertained like Hatred the Video Game, but the bad, overly grotesque "What the fuck is this?" kind. Like for example, anything written by Garth Ennis or Mark Millar, Most of Shadman's work, DMC: Devil May Cry ( the one where Donte bangs two demonic strippers and then proceeds to flash a woman in broad daylight completely naked within the first 10 minutes of the game and apparently has a scene where Vergil performs an abortion with a sniper rifle) You get the idea.

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
I stumbled upon a story called ‘Day of the Living Diaper’ while browsing FA last year, which I think takes the cake.

O

O.D.D.

I can't seem to find anything on it and searches for it bring up The Kiwi Farms, so I'm assuming it's one of those "Edgy for the Sake of being Edgy" kinds of things. Not the good kind of edgy, where you can laugh at it and at least be mildly entertained like Hatred the Video Game, but the bad, overly grotesque "What the fuck is this?" kind. Like for example, anything written by Garth Ennis or Mark Millar, Most of Shadman's work, DMC: Devil May Cry ( the one where Donte bangs two demonic strippers and then proceeds to flash a woman in broad daylight completely naked within the first 10 minutes of the game and apparently has a scene where Vergil performs an abortion with a sniper rifle) You get the idea.
It was something I remember being on FA before 2010, though I could believe it got removed from the site since then. Good riddance, really.

E: also not sure why you would get THAT site on a search, I did one and from the results got an FA page for the guy who wrote it, though from the shouts he either removed that story or discontinued it. It was extreme levels of "toilet fetish" writing with rather vividly described details at points.

Last edited by a moderator:

pilgrimfromoblivion

It was something I remember being on FA before 2010, though I could believe it got removed from the site since then. Good riddance, really.

E: also not sure why you would get THAT site on a search, I did one and from the results got an FA page for the guy who wrote it, though from the shouts he either removed that story or discontinued it. It was extreme levels of "toilet fetish" writing with rather vividly described details at points.
Jesus. I can't even process why furries are into shit and diapers. I can't see it anywhere else, just furries. I'm assuming he took it down most likely because he had to, not cause he wanted to. Especially if he was that "passionate" about his work.

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
I tend to avoid any fiction tagged with things I don't like.

Though, I've had some interesting roleplay experiences over the years.

O

O.D.D.

Jesus. I can't even process why furries are into shit and diapers. I can't see it anywhere else, just furries. I'm assuming he took it down most likely because he had to, not cause he wanted to. Especially if he was that "passionate" about his work.
I'm not overly concerned about people getting their jollies from weird stuff that doesn't hurt other people but holy fuck was Viletopia squick inducing, though again I have seen worse *cough*tayferret*cough*graphic rape/snuff work*cough*
I do wonder if some of them actually rather enjoy the "making other people intensely uncomfortable" part more than the subject matter itself, and that's... concerning.

pilgrimfromoblivion

I'm not overly concerned about people getting their jollies from weird stuff that doesn't hurt other people but holy fuck was Viletopia squick inducing, though again I have seen worse *cough*tayferret*cough*graphic rape/snuff work*cough*
1632597572146.png

this guy?

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
My own stuff. Sometimes I don't know what the heck I was on when I wrote these things. I just know I was laughing the whole time, that's for sure...

But in all seriousness, reading stuff doesn't really horrify me because my brain goes 'they're words on a page, how are words on a page scary'? Unless of course they were writing themselves all on their own. THEN I would be spooked!

O

O.D.D.

If you don't like it pretend it doesn't exist.
I've been trying to do that for years and it's... REALLY difficult. Forgetting to the point of basically un-knowing something without taking a TBI or something first feels practically impossible. There's still crap my brain dredges up at the edge of sleep from when I was 6 years old. 32 fucking years to try to forget that shit and no dice.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I'm going to out myself as a snob and admit that most furry writing is not up to my standards, so I lightly skim or browse it at most, focus on what I'm into, and avoid anything that looks like it'll squick me out to no good end.

Gushousekai195

Fanatic Artist
Ugh, the most horrifying thing I’ve read was on deviantART, not FA. It is on FA, too, but there’s a bunch of man seed splattered around within it, which makes it absurd.

It was the first season of a superhero series called “Streak: The Hero of Beacon City.” What I thought would be a real awesome series about a badass superhero turned out to be a nightmare of visceral bodily harm, hypnotic delusion, overpowered villains, vivid peril, and hardly any winning on the hero’s behalf. It was also all written in first person pov, meaning you are in the boots of Streak.

How can somebody be turned on by all that?

I had significant PTSD after reading it. Merely thinking about Streak, the character, was enough to cause me great distress. And I thought I’d consumed some pretty disturbing fiction in days past, but Streak was something else.

There is a second season, which is vastly more lighthearted.