• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

I'm really fucking tired of the Mane 6 having to prove themselve to ponies ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Seriously.

[Fucking loser not-savior-of-the-fucking-world snob pony]: "Who are you?"

[Rarity]: "I am Rarity."

[Flnsotfwsp]: "I've never heard of you. BEGONE PEASANT!"

[Me] Neodammerung.mp3

We only ever see the mane 6, and a few others. For all we know everyone has saved the world in some way once or twice.

--

Rarity's lying was only effectively stressing herself out, it didn't have any negative impact on anyone else. She didn't need to be called out on it for any reason, and the stress of bothering to lie at all cast it in a negative light on it's own. I felt it was a smarter way of handling it.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Fuck off; I love that episode.

Well that isn't very friendly of you. Are you sure this is the right cartoon for you? :V

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

Yes. Rarity is easily the best singer of the lot. I enjoyed this episode. :D

Unsilenced

Mentlegen

We only ever see the mane 6, and a few others. For all we know everyone has saved the world in some way once or twice.

Eh. They all have some evidently extraordinary talents... except maybe Applejack. Having personally met Princess Celestia seems to be at least somewhat important, and there can't be too many "best students" like Twilight otherwise, you know, they wouldn't be the best. Then there's the limited number of people who can have defeated an enemy that was 1000 years in waiting... and another one that was locked in stone since time immemorial.

The shadowbolts are fast, but they're probably not personal friends with every single pony that knows how to fly, and there's kind of a cap on how many ponies can be the first and only performers of the sonic rainboom.

Fluttershy was temporarily a celebrity, and Rarity has had brushes with fame. Pinky Pie... well I guess her talents wouldn't be so widely recorded, but future prediction is pretty chill.

My only guess is that the Imperial Press doesn't publish the stories as they happened, instead accrediting everything to the Glorious Leader Celestia.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.

I am definitely agreeing with this, except for the Skyrim thing. I don't think it will become anywhere near as big of a fandom as MLP.

RAIN-BO-DAH!

But yeah, Skyrim still seems pretty cool. Even though I've never played it.
Lately my life has been skyrim with a weekly dose of 23 minutes of pony.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

What is with all the Skyrim stuff? :v

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned

I really don't see the correlation :s

Neither do I, unless the watch had no hands. Everybody already knows where the numbers are supposed to go, so they're not really necessary. Heh... besides, I wear a digital watch, anyway. So it doesn't really matter to me.

Rarity's lying was only effectively stressing herself out, it didn't have any negative impact on anyone else. She didn't need to be called out on it for any reason, and the stress of bothering to lie at all cast it in a negative light on it's own. I felt it was a smarter way of handling it.

Yes, same here.

C

cad

mother of GOD O_O

I loved the new Rarity episode. I can't quite put my finger on why. It didn't really have any notable humour. I think it was just how well Rarity was handled. She didn't reach levels of obnoxiousness in what she did, even though the situation would have gone that way in any other tv show. She lied, but the episode wasn't/didn't need to be heavy-handed about it; she was only causing more problems for herself, and the lies wound up being futile in the end anyways.

Rarity is not my favourite character at all, but I really enjoy how her flaws and strengths intertwine so well. And her VA's are probably the best of the show.
agreed, Rarity is a great character of the show, though not my favorite of them all. ep. 14 is one of the best episodes throughout the whole of season 1, and her singing actress is just... plain fucking awesome.

Aleu

Deuces

The shadowbolts are fast, but they're probably not personal friends with every single pony that knows how to fly, and there's kind of a cap on how many ponies can be the first and only performers of the sonic rainboom.
Don't you mean the WonderBolts?

wheelieotter

Everything works if you let it

I was at a jewelry store today trying to help my dad pick something out for my mom for xmas. We ran into these watches that were pretty cool, but they didn't tell time. The face was completely black and there were no numbers or anything like that. You could estimate, but you couldn't tell time. They ranged from 1k to 3k bucks.
Sounds like the Movado Museum Watch. Nice enough watch, for a piece of overpriced jewelry. I'd rather have my Seiko, better watch for less than half the price.

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather

I didn't really like the episode. At least there was a song

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

Sounds like the Movado Museum Watch. Nice enough watch, for a piece of overpriced jewelry. I'd rather have my Seiko, better watch for less than half the price.
Yup. I want to make one like that, like jerryrig one I have. Dunno how to take a watch apart though, but they look really cool. Not THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS cool, but cool enough. I could see RBD having one :V

Rarity is probably my second favorite pony now, putting Twilight down to third favorite. I really want a fucking Pinkie Pie episode for this season now though. WE ARE OVERDUE

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented

I really want a fucking Pinkie Pie episode for this season now though. WE ARE OVERDUE

Me too.

I don't really know how I feel about Rarity essentially getting out ahead after this episode, I guess you just win some sometimes. There wasn't any real resolution with some things, the dress tarp she designed on paper for Twilight for example. I think Rarity only got off because Opportunistic John Cleese Pony is still looking for a way to network with the Monarch.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

Me too.

I don't really know how I feel about Rarity essentially getting out ahead after this episode, I guess you just win some sometimes. There wasn't any real resolution with some things, the dress tarp she designed on paper for Twilight for example. I think Rarity only got off because Opportunistic John Cleese Pony is still looking for a way to network with the Monarch.
Morally, I don't like that she got off with her bullshit, and from a story perspective it does seem kind of lazy, but it also really helps show some of the negative sides of her character. Now she has that secret she can take to the grave, at any rate. "I'm embarrassed to be with my friends" kind of thing.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Last edited:

8-bit

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

Me too.

In the end I think he won, obviously off camera or such Rarity would atleast mention how he saved her hide.

Well the episode was okayish, even though the episode was well written there wasn't a realistic resolution to the episode or any real consequence. However that can be tied into whatever that guy's name having serious leeway with the rest of canterlot, but this is technically a kid's show so I doubted they were going to give to serious consequences to Rarity's actions in the first place.

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability

In the end I think he won, obviously off camera or such Rarity would atleast mention how he saved her hide.

Well the episode was okayish, even though the episode was well written there wasn't a realistic resolution to the episode or any real consequence. However that can be tied into whatever that guy's name having serious leeway with the rest of canterlot, but this is technically a kid's show so I doubted they were going to give to serious consequences to Rarity's actions in the first place.

I felt that the resolution and consequences were pretty realistic. People lie and get away with it a lot, more so when the lies aren't actually harmful. I figure a particularly more 'kid' angle would involve one disappointed pony going all "you lied, and lying is bad." But I give the writing a lot credit for not letting itself get bogged down making clarified resolutions for things the audience can figure out on our own.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

Now I found out it's a good thing there wasn't a brony/furry team-up, cause bronies are the new internet punching bag.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

Now I found out it's a good thing there wasn't a brony/furry team-up, cause bronies are the new internet punching bag.

Why does that matter? Oh no! Some cunt online doesn`t like me! I`m gonna cry! :V

I know what I like and I don`t care what others think. Nobody is perfect and I don`t pretend to be.

On topic, has anyone heard anything about the DVD release for season 1? I heard sometime near christmas, but don`t have specifics.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

wtf? I want the whole damn season in one box set. Anything less is insulting to me as a fan of the show! :mad:

:v

Lazykins

Self-Imposed Tsar

Well that's how it works. :I They piss you off and make you buy 4-6 episode DVDs, and once you have the full set that's when they throw the box set at you.

TechnoGypsy

Gentlecolts...

Well that's how it works. :I They piss you off and make you buy 4-6 episode DVDs, and once you have the full set that's when they throw the box set at you.
That's the tragedy of it all. :c

All of season 1 has been released, and watched many times. It's even available online (alas, no box art).
I guess that yet again bronies must do things themselves, just like what they did with the toys.

Lazykins

Self-Imposed Tsar

I'm afraid of the idea of bronies putting together a bootleg box set. The box art'll probably be something super gratuitous, depending on whether or not it gets in the wrong hands. >>'