• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Fair enough. However, based on how often people come into this thread and ask why people like it so much has decreased and almost stopped. I would say that the fandom probably won't grow that much more. Granted this thread is not an accurate indicator.
There's always signs of plateauing before it happens.
FaF isn't a good indicator because it's become super saturated and has burned up every last ounce of fuel.

CannonFodder

Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

True, none of us can predict the future, but you'll never know. CannonFodder is right in that the MLP fandom's celebration of popularity and acceptance is what's helping them to grow faster than the other fandoms before them. Like it or not, furries, there are some of us that want the furry fandom to expand and grow like this because 1) it'd be nice to have enough good publicity, and 2) it'd be awesome to see our creations get some potential for high-budget productions.

I'll admit, sometimes I cringe at the idea of our fandom reaching pop culture status (Disney pop music is one I hiss at), but is it really a bad thing to look forward to becoming mainstream on a basic level? Is it really that bad to look forward to a time where being a part of your fandom, whether you're a boy or girl, man or woman, wouldn't be seen as a sign of mental illness? If I remember correctly, Lauren Faust herself mentioned that she hoped MLP would serve as some proof that girl-oriented cartoons can be just as exciting and enjoyable as boy-oriented cartoons, and I hope so too.
The only way furry could undue the extremist knee jerk reaction phobia of growth is to give them a taste of their own medicine. Fight fire with fire so to say.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

So, if I were to get Rainbow Dash's cutie mark sewn onto the back left side of a pair of light blue jeans, would that be totally cool or super gay? the idea struck me today.

Surzsha

Always Confused

So, if I were to get Rainbow Dash's cutie mark sewn onto the back left side of a pair of light blue jeans, would that be totally cool or super gay? the idea struck me today.

Dude, don't give a damn about what other people say, just do it. It's an awesome idea.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

DO IT CONKER!

I fully intend to do something similar with Rarity`s gems. If a hetero construction worker can do it, so can you! :D

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather

Depends on who you asked. A brony would probably think it to be cool where as most others would find it gay.

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented

Not feeling it. But then it's totally not cool for me to place pony pics in my cubicle.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.

Depends on who you asked. A brony would probably think it to be cool where as most others would find it gay.

I have to disagree. Plenty of non-pony designs from popular brands feature rainbow colors in a cool (most often gray) context.

Aleu

Deuces

Your pants would be 20% cooler.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

Your pants would be 20% cooler.

I feel stupid for having overlooked this joke. :(

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned

"Want a cutie mark of your own? Then buy Pony Pants (tm)... and join the herd!"

C

cad

if you think it's an idea worth shooting for, go for it. screw what everyone else thinks.

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability

It seems like a lot of brony events involve charity. (Big charity thing for kids with cancer recently mentioned on EQD, but I can't easily link on my phone here). It seems like 2/3s of every fanwork contest benefits charity. You could certainly say the same for a select bunch of other fandoms too, except the brony fandom does so many. Part of that may have to do with a limit to what can be legally done for profit with MLP, so charity focus just is a natural alternative. Regardless, profitless work is in great quantity, and quality.

I've seen brony hate groups. It's fine, they help spread the fandom, and people of any fandom can get pretty annoying. However, if a group's greatest contribution to society is complaining, their existence is comical at best.

Conker

Yeah. One of my friends said it was super gay.

I was drunk when I had the idea last night, and now I'm sober. It's still not a terrible idea, but I don't know how to sew or do any of that shit, so I'd have to pay someone to do it for me :p

8-bit

my dad found out I watch MLP. He implied that I was gay, questioned why I liked it, then flat-out said I was weak for liking it.

If only he knew how dark us bronies could be...

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented

For the Hubless, now in 1080p:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWZRSFsXGjU

Definitely a dawwww episode. I enjoyed this Spike episode, especially since they didn't do much to really undermine his character like they did in Owl's Well that End Well.

Season 2 Episodes without a Pinkie Pie song: 10.

Last edited:

Conker

I fucking loved this episode, better than Owls Well, which is one of my favorites from season one.

Oh god, so much laughter. At first I was kind of :( when Spike was acting like an actual dragon, but then I embraced it and was :D for the rest. Good shit.

Plus, all the Skyrim comments below the video were hysterical, even though I don't play that game.

CannonFodder

Puberty hit Spike like a ton of bricks.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen

Yeah. One of my friends said it was super gay.

I was drunk when I had the idea last night, and now I'm sober. It's still not a terrible idea, but I don't know how to sew or do any of that shit, so I'd have to pay someone to do it for me :p

To avoid getting to much attention, you could do it small and/or with muted colors.

I'd totally do that if I wore blue/wasn't lazy.

CannonFodder

How old is spike anyways? :\
He's younger than Twilight, but he's older than the CMC, cause during the episode about how the mane 6 got their cutie marks applebloom wasn't even born yet.