• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

To avoid getting to much attention, you could do it small and/or with muted colors.

I'd totally do that if I wore blue/wasn't lazy.
I know a person with the capabilities to do this, so maybe I'll ask her to see how hard it would be first. I dunno though.

Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

I fucking loved this episode, better than Owls Well, which is one of my favorites from season one.

Oh god, so much laughter. At first I was kind of :( when Spike was acting like an actual dragon, but then I embraced it and was :D for the rest. Good shit.

Plus, all the Skyrim comments below the video were hysterical, even though I don't play that game.

Spike used to be a young dragon. Then he took an arrow to the knee, chased down his attacker, and hoarded the rest of the arrows.

I`ll just let myself out...

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

I got another good question, what happened to Surprise? Or Firefly? The old generation characters. I heard Firefly was scrapped cause they couldn't put her in the show, but now sure why. Why did Surprise get axed though?

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability

I got another good question, what happened to Surprise? Or Firefly? The old generation characters. I heard Firefly was scrapped cause they couldn't put her in the show, but now sure why. Why did Surprise get axed though?

Copyright issue with Josh Whedon in regards to Firefly. Or at least that's the info I've run across about it. Sounds silly still, but it sorta makes sense, I guess. -- Oh, and wasn't Rainbow Dash originally supposed to be Firefly, but for this issue having them change it up? I think this info was presented on a theguywithglasses.com video review. I can't tell you if Faust ever alluded to it herself, or if he was going entirely on Faust's DA account name being "Fyrefly".

Surprise is who Pinkie Pie was originally going to be. She wasn't axed, just toned down. I figure a hyperactive party character with wings was just pushing it further into the "annoying" area. I bet they figured that if the character was going to defy reason anyways, in classic cartoon style, she didn't need wings. Fluttershy was apparently going to be the earth pony instead, but making her the pegasus in the end actually adds something to her character. Everything surrounding Surprise was more of a post-production adjustment.

Last edited:

Aleu

Deuces

Man, that was really a heartwarming episode. :3

Krystal Harmonia

RAIN BO DAH!

I liked it, but not as much as some of the other ones... The whole "don't be greedy" thing came off as being really kid-oriented. But I guess it's supposed to be like that! Duh!

I did like the SpikexRarity, though.

Does that make me a bad person?

CannonFodder

I liked it, but not as much as some of the other ones... The whole "don't be greedy" thing came off as being really kid-oriented. But I guess it's supposed to be like that! Duh!

I did like the SpikexRarity, though.

Does that make me a bad person?
Obviously once in a while they are going to have kid oriented moral lessons, but how they tied it into dragons' behavior was pretty good.

The spikexrarity thing was cute, at first spikexrarity made me >:[
now it makes me :\
I wish they'd make him hit puberty and grow a bit bigger so it wouldn't be so questionable.

Krystal Harmonia

RAIN BO DAH!

This is true. Maybe Rarity's just a MILF. :V

CannonFodder

I had another thought, when twilight was taking her entrance exam she magicked spike into a adult, and this episode he grew to a adult as well. Apparently that means there's multiple forms a dragon can grow up to, I wonder what he's going to grow into eventually?

Krystal Harmonia

RAIN BO DAH!

Well, maybe the first "adult" Spike was a good-natured one, and the new one is "Element of Greed" Form Spike. Who knows. Maybe this is equivalent to Luna/Nighmare Moon.

CannonFodder

Well, maybe the first "adult" Spike was a good-natured one, and the new one is "Element of Greed" Form Spike. Who knows. Maybe this is equivalent to Luna/Nighmare Moon.
I have a feeling the first adult spike was a neutral one, because he was just hatched when that happened.
I'm guessing as you said the latest version was the, "element of greed" version and since he's a dragon he's extremely susceptible to becoming that form.
It's possible that there's other versions we have yet to see yet.
Not to mention that hatching the egg was the entrance exam, that must mean there's numerous other ponies in magic school with dragon helpers. If they all grew to that size than we'd be seeing them left and right all other the place.
That must mean there's another much smaller, more common form. Cause I doubt Celestia would hand out so many large and dangerous creatures if there was no way of controlling their size or keep them from becoming evil.

Conker

I had another thought, when twilight was taking her entrance exam she magicked spike into a adult, and this episode he grew to a adult as well. Apparently that means there's multiple forms a dragon can grow up to, I wonder what he's going to grow into eventually?
My problem is that the first version of magicked adult Spike was ugly as all fucking sin, while the one we saw today was a complete Godzilla style badass.

Man, Spike has major street cred now. He fucked up that entire town.

Such a good episode.

I still find the SpikexRarity thing a bit odd, but I guess I don't care anymore. It's hard to really think about the sexual maturity of a dragon, since...well, when do they mature? When you were thirteen you were probably whackin it to some 22 year old super model, and that's a big age difference. I guess I can see Spike fallin for Rarity, though obviously Rarity couldn't return any of that, since that would make her a pedophile.

Also, Twilight has shittons of books, but none about dragon's natural behavior to horde? I picked up on that right away, and I thought that was awesome. That mythology was integrated superbly.

Cyril

Post-rock Crusader

Also, Twilight has shittons of books, but none about dragon's natural behavior to horde? I picked up on that right away, and I thought that was awesome. That mythology was integrated superbly.

Yeah them having that in there was a nice touch.
And I liked this one a lot more than the last, evil laughter Spike was... different, to say the least. And d'aaaaww of course.

CannonFodder

Ponyville really needs police, don't they?

Aleu

Deuces

Other dragons have wings. Why doesn't Spike have wings?

CannonFodder

Other dragons have wings. Why doesn't Spike have wings?
Well if there's multiple types of dragons in the ponyverse, that must mean there's one type out there with wings.
We don't know how many versions there are yet.

That would be badass if there were dragonknights like in spike's daydream about saving rarity though(during the episode rarity was kidnapped).

Conker

Ponyville really needs police, don't they?
In a way, the wonderbolts are kind of like police, or some kind of elite keepthepeace guard. They couldn't do shit against Spike though :p

DevistatedDrone

Poops in toilets.

First time I've seen an episode with the only response of "no comment".

It... Just sort of happened. Funny episode and all... and thats really all there is to say on the matter.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

Spike appears to be some form of drake rather than a dragon. From which I infer that there must also be wyverns in this world. It would be intersting to see one of them make an appearance.

On the subject of the episode itself, it looks as though Rarity is aware of Spike`s feelings. And I was thinking she was just unaware. But the pedo thing makes more sense. lol

CannonFodder

Spike appears to be some form of drake rather than a dragon. From which I infer that there must also be wyverns in this world. It would be intersting to see one of them make an appearance.

On the subject of the episode itself, it looks as though Rarity is aware of Spike`s feelings. And I was thinking she was just unaware. But the pedo thing makes more sense. lol
I hope they make him grow up a bit, that way to stem the inevitable pedo comments.

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability

Hasbro owns Wizards of the Coast now, doesn't it? Well, actually, I think that wouldn't have anything to do with how the show chooses to interpret mythological creatures. Anyways, as long as the show goes, we will definitely see more crazy mythological fantasy creatures.

I had always gotten the impression that Rarity was aware of Spike's crush. I seriously don't think there's anything there. A kiss on the cheek doesn't mean anything serious, she's just allowing a kid friend to have a fairly harmless crush.

I loved Pinkie Pie's line, "I'm not giving him cake, I'm assaulting him with cake!"

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

True enough I guess, but I`ve always been heavily into mythology so discrepancies like that tend to grate at me...

And I never picked up on Rarity`s earlier responses to Spike. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.

I liked this one as well. I was THIS FUCKING CLOSE to shedding a tear when Rarity and Spike were falling and she let him know she knew.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

Spike...

I love you too!

SPLATT!