• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

shteev

Lol how do I delete this account
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

I love how you're arguing about pony genetics and shit when the real answer is: It's a damn cartoon show.

Also, I have to be the only brony here NOT interested in fan music. I've noticed that ALL MLP fan music is electronic, synth, euro-pop, club music. ALL of it. You would think that bronies might have varied tastes in music. You would THINK.

Then again, most furries are also mostly into synth and club music. So are most gays. And as we know that most furries are gay, that must mean that most bronies are either gay or furry or both.

Are you implying that Elecronic Dance Music is bad?
Oh no you didn't, qurl.

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

I'm not the biggest fan of those genres, and most of the fan music fall into those genres :( but, the songs are pretty good usually. I'd like some metal MLP songs, but I don't see that happening :p

You guys are both wrong. Well, you're mostly right, but I've seen plenty in other genres, and some decent metal.

It kinda goes without saying that the majority of internet music to any given fandom is going to be done using synth programs, or mix programs. But Pony Swag is sorta the single most popular pony fan song, and it's rap. I'm sure if you searched youtube, you could find a ton of badly-sung pony songs all over the place. I think I recall some challenge that went around for people on the net to sing Rarity's "Becoming Popular" song, so I'm sure you can find a ton of ear-pain there. I suppose the thing is, it's way harder to make good songs of more traditional genres over the net, than it is to play with a mixer.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

Oh no you didn't, qurl.
Ugh, the techno genre gets on my nerves, cause it's so all over the place; people need more diverse tastes.

Cyril

Post-rock Crusader

As a frequent listener of music and a musician myself, I DESPISE the music side of the fandom. Just saying.

Krystal Harmonia

RAIN BO DAH!

I generally am not a huge fan of any non-show music. Except for PinkiePieSwear. His stuff is pretty good. But that's becuase there's no vocals.

Heimdal

As a frequent listener of music and a musician myself, I DESPISE the music side of the fandom. Just saying.

I don't know anyone who isn't a frequent listener of music.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

Oh no you didn't, qurl.
Electronic Dance Music is fine now and then.

Dubstep is fucking awful though.

8-bit

Dubstep is fucking awful though.

I like dubstep >:I

If you guys are sick of techno and such, I recomend Mike the Microphone and ibringdalulz and the rappers of mlp. They're good, esp Mike.

Last edited:

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented

The music is heavily biased toward the electronic genre. I've heard a few "metal," "rock," etc songs but nothing worth keeping. They were generally rehashes of the song they were based on but with more beats and an electric GUITAAHHHHHH. And while someone could chop and piece some of the show's lyrical songs together to make a song in the electronic genre, something about the "Giggle at the Ghosties" just doesn't seem right in a metal context. Then again, not a lot of people are being creative which is disappointing since I'd like music outside of the electronic scene sometimes.

CannonFodder

I like dubstep >:I
Hey 8-bit, I'm trying to find a dubstep song I think it goes, "wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub"

Back on topic though, why are they waiting three weeks for the next episode anyhow? I don't get why they are stalling that long.

TechnoGypsy

Gentlecolts...

Back on topic though, why are they waiting three weeks for the next episode anyhow? I don't get why they are stalling that long.
It gives me time to catch up.
Right now I'm on Season 2 Episode 5.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.

Of course electronic music is the most prevalent of this remix thing.

It takes years and years to learn to play an instrument, and then many takes for recording, and proper mixing. With electronic music, all you need is something like FL Studio or Cubase, synth programs, and a musical mind. No performance talents required. Have you ever wondered why a lot of electronic music plays back at a naturally higher volume than regular music? It's far easier to balance volume and such when mixing only synths, which means you don't have to lower the volume to avoid underruns (crackles) or use a limiter, which puts a trance effect where you don't want it (I may be wrong as hell on this).

Aleu

Deuces

Hey 8-bit, I'm trying to find a dubstep song I think it goes, "wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub"

Well this weekend is Christmas then the next weekend is New Years...so it's understandable imo.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen

For a show about ponies, it sure does inspire some pretty good ass kicking songs.

(The last one's a bit slow, but still awesomely motivational.)

Westarrr

I had my EBM stage.. It slowly transformed to a deathcore stage.. Then Dubstep... Then house... And now back to EBM
Been listening the music since a week again. And I quite like it.

Heimdal

Victory!

I just finished a birthday present drawing for a friend, they wanted AJxRD. The whole shipping thing can be adorable when it isn't touching on rule 34.

Check it out! It's totally SFW, of course.

Westarrr

Wow, that drawing is really good.
I'd be so happy if I'd get something like that for my birthday.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Yeah, that's a really good job. Keep it up!

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather

Victory!

I just finished a birthday present drawing for a friend, they wanted AJxRD. The whole shipping thing can be adorable when it isn't touching on rule 34.

Check it out! It's totally SFW, of course.

Very nice, I'm also drawing pictures for family presents.

Is your drawn using a computer program?

8-bit

No you're thinking "wub wub wub wuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwu wub wub wub wwwwub". Asshole. >:V

And they're probably giving everybody a break for the holidays.

Heimdal

Very nice, I'm also drawing pictures for family presents.

Is your drawn using a computer program?

I use OpenCanvas a lot. I like to work in single layer too. That is primarily why the background fades into white, because it was the last thing I did and a full coloured background would have just been a bigger pain than I was up for. Fade to white background is simple and does what it needs to do anyways.

Also, ty!

Cyril

Post-rock Crusader

I don't know anyone who isn't a frequent listener of music.
I don't think everyone listens to as much music as I do every day. But whatever this isn't the place for this <.<

veeno

See ya latter ****ers.

Why can i not stop watching? It is pulling me in i love it.

CannonFodder

Why can i not stop watching? It is pulling me in i love it.
MLP is the blackhole of fandoms, once you reach the gravitational well it gets harder and harder to escape the pull.