• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Woo. Spike came out of the oven looking pretty smashing. He kinda leaned to one side, so I need to fix that before I start painting. Hopefully Monday, since Hobby Lobby closes on Sunday. I look forward to getting this one good and done, because I'm quite happy with my current results.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

The Flim Flam brothers were being overconfident about how far ahead they were, had she asked earlier they may have not said no.

If she had asked before it came to that stupid contest in the first place the problem could have still been resolved.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

Woo. Spike came out of the oven looking pretty smashing. He kinda leaned to one side, so I need to fix that before I start painting. Hopefully Monday, since Hobby Lobby closes on Sunday. I look forward to getting this one good and done, because I'm quite happy with my current results.
"yay"
Augh, me too!

I don't know how a song sung by males on MLP could be so catchy.
It's the brony equivalent of a duck tales theme song, it's soo catchy that if someone begins singing it I'll wind up singing the whole song.
That would be btichin if the flim flam brothers made a new intro song for the show.

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability

If she had asked before it came to that stupid contest in the first place the problem could have still been resolved.

You're forgetting that they lost the contest anyways. What made the Apple family come out ahead despite that was their dedication to quality control, which AJ already knew.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.

Dear Princess Celestia...

I ain't learned shit today. I was right the whole time.

Sincerely, AJ.

Here's a lesson they could have learned, why not ask for help sooner? Didn't she already learn that back in S1 Ep4 or something?
She probably didn't know it could be done. Her friends were the first to come up with the idea of an "extended family" thereby validating their participation.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

She probably didn't know it could be done. Her friends were the first to come up with the idea of an "extended family" thereby validating their participation.

You're all missing the point! She had learned last year that it was okay to ask for help (because she was running out of time). Now, when demand for cider was not being met because they kept running out of time (again), she didn't think to ask for help again? She couldn't say "Hey Rainbow Dash, since we can't guarantee we'll meet demand on our own, would you mind lending a hoof? How about you as well Twilight?"

I'm not referring to the contest, I'm referring to the situation beforehand.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Why would she need help? I don't get the impression the Apple family had a problem with the speed at which they were making cider, especially considering they knew they'd sell it all anyway.
Speeding up production would probably just mean running out of apples and/or consumers before the end of the season.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

And yet they were perfectly willing to allow Flim and Flam the use of an entire field?

I don't think so.

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability

And yet they were perfectly willing to allow Flim and Flam the use of an entire field?

I don't think so.

There was still never an indication that they needed help until the middle of the contest. For that matter, asking your friends to help you with your paid job, for free, is a terrible lesson.

This is a situation that exists in real life all the time (before Flim and Flam showed up). There's a place in town here that makes awesome mead once a year; there is always a massive line-up going nearly a full block for the stuff. Obviously, there is not going to be enough for everyone. The situation really was identical.

CannonFodder

I'm still confused how does their society continue when 9 out of 10 ponies are female.
Why is it that this show makes so little sense?

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

I'm still confused how does their society continue when 9 out of 10 ponies are female.

I don't really get the impression it's 90%. 2/3rd perhaps, but not that much.

DevistatedDrone

Poops in toilets.

I have a theory.

Right before the series started, there was a war where all males were drafted. Their enemy was a volcano. It only took the last colt to 'attack' the volcano by diving head first into it for the generals to realize that this was a stupid idea. That war was such an embarrassment with such a high casualty rate, that no one in Equestria likes to talk about it.

It explains everything.

CannonFodder

I don't really get the impression it's 90%. 2/3rd perhaps, but not that much.
Well if it's 2/3 female, 1/3 male that could sustain their current population if on average the number of children born to per couple is 3. It'd also explain a fair bit of stuff into how their society works.

T

Tycho

actually

a species can get by with fewer males than females provided that there is enough genetic diversity between the existing males

one male can easily knock up many females

BUT MLPONIES DO NOT FUCK SO THIS IS IRRELEVANT.

Aleu

Deuces

actually

a species can get by with fewer males than females provided that there is enough genetic diversity between the existing males

one male can easily knock up many females

BUT MLPONIES DO NOT FUCK SO THIS IS IRRELEVANT.
but how are babbies formed? D:

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Well if it's 2/3 female, 1/3 male that could sustain their current population if on average the number of children born to per couple is 3. It'd also explain a fair bit of stuff into how their society works.

Either that or half the mothers are single.

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather

In one of the older series I think they looked in a mirror of some sort.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

This is how they are made.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen

This is how they are made.

And I assume diabetus is what keeps the population in check?

TechnoGypsy

Gentlecolts...

Hey, remember the 8.76GB archive of pony music? Well it's finally been updated after two months!
It now totals 11.1GB and is available here:https://docs.google.com/document/d/...p8bhbxU0/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CPSCxIgD&pli=1

EDIT: Problem is, it's rather slow. There's only two seeders and there's a fair amount of people trying to get at it as well.
Heck, It's been 3 hours already and apparently eight more to go.

Last edited:

In The Nightside Eclipse

Lord ov Darkness

^Will download asap when I get onto ma PC. Will continue seeding for aslong as possible (50mb internet ftw)

Haru_Ray

The Christian Yoyoing Wolf

Faust herself said that they reproduce naturally. So there ya go, haha

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather

Faust herself said that they reproduce naturally. So there ya go, haha

These are magic talking ponies where magic is normal, naturally could mean any number of things since our world doesn't apply there and what is natural for us may not be to them.