• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

ShadowWolfJosh

The Sneaky and Stealthy Wolf
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Yeah Became a Brony Cause my Friends got me into it and one of them was a Brony.
So it Congatious!!!!! :-D

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Yeah Became a Brony Cause my Friends got me into it and one of them was a Brony.
So it Congatious!!!!! :-D
Oh hey another new person to the thread.

Well let me give you the welcome to the thread speech and how about it's always good to see someone join in on the discussions as well as say that anybody is welcome here and it's good to have you aboard.

ShadowWolfJosh

The Sneaky and Stealthy Wolf

Oh hey another new person to the thread.

Well let me give you the welcome to the thread speech and how about it's always good to see someone join in on the discussions as well as say that anybody is welcome here and it's good to have you aboard.

Yep im allways getting into these treads XD. Now.... -Shadow Vanish-

MrSynndicated

You know I had a gruesome thought. Maybe their world needed discord. He was the spirit of chaos, however he didn't just pop out of his statue and start doing what he did. It mentioned that before nightmare moon returned that Celestia ruled for a thousand years in peace. I highly doubt that if there was a thousand years of peace that the norm was for all the villains in the two seasons to be about. Let's see in the two seasons, nightmare moon, ursa attack, dragon attack, parasprites, and invasion by changelings. Call it a stretch, but personally I think Discord's return was more of a there was enough chaos in the world to revive him. If Discord is the personification of disharmony then him being revived was a given.

Think of it as like the Windigos. They didn't destroy the pony's original country just cause. They froze everything cause of all the infighting between the ponies. And if villains that destroy nations were the norm for back then it would make sense for discord to be able to rule all of equestria back then. Back in the sesaon 2 premiere he ruled JUST ponyville in chaos. I don't even want to know what he did back before celestia and luna.

Tl:dr; I guess what I'm getting at is maybe discord in the show is the personification of chaos and as powerful as how much chaos there is rather than the cause of chaos and if so given how equestria was almost taken over by a foreign nation I would not be surprised if he shows up again.

Tl:dr; of Tl:dr; Maybe Discord is only as powerful as how much chaos there is?

I'd agree to that though while he is awake he does cause a lot of chaos in ponyville and the surrounding area, maybe the more chaos happening, the more powerfull he becomes but with him causing more of it by the second while he's awake technically he'd just keep getting more power till all of equestria was in total disharmony. -shrugs- Just a theory. and chrysalis and the changlings were after he got medusa'd again, and the ponyville thing is a good point. He limited himself to ponyville though that might have been because of the mane 6, he was messing with them pretty much exclusively even if he could've just left them to take canterlot or cloudsdale or any other place. he easily turned them to their negatives so why keep pushing them? Why not take Celestia and Luna off the list of threats to his reign instead? I do believe though he will return, they'd have to lock his statue away were it could never be found or destroy him completely to stop it possibly.

Last edited:

CannonFodder

I'd agree to that though while he is awake he does cause a lot of chaos in ponyville and the surrounding area, maybe the more chaos happening, the more powerfull he becomes but with him causing more of it by the second while he's awake technically he'd just keep getting more power till all of equestria was in total disharmony. -shrugs- Justa theory.
I'm personally inclined to thinking he's the cause of chaos rather than the start of it.

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light

You know I had a gruesome thought. Maybe their world needed discord. He was the spirit of chaos, however he didn't just pop out of his statue and start doing what he did. It mentioned that before nightmare moon returned that Celestia ruled for a thousand years in peace. I highly doubt that if there was a thousand years of peace that the norm was for all the villains in the two seasons to be about. Let's see in the two seasons, nightmare moon, ursa attack, dragon attack, parasprites, and invasion by changelings. Call it a stretch, but personally I think Discord's return was more of a there was enough chaos in the world to revive him. If Discord is the personification of disharmony then him being revived was a given.

Think of it as like the Windigos. They didn't destroy the pony's original country just cause. They froze everything cause of all the infighting between the ponies. And if villains that destroy nations were the norm for back then it would make sense for discord to be able to rule all of equestria back then. Back in the sesaon 2 premiere he ruled JUST ponyville in chaos. I don't even want to know what he did back before celestia and luna.

Tl:dr; I guess what I'm getting at is maybe discord in the show is the personification of chaos and as powerful as how much chaos there is rather than the cause of chaos and if so given how equestria was almost taken over by a foreign nation I would not be surprised if he shows up again.

Tl:dr; of Tl:dr; Maybe Discord is only as powerful as how much chaos there is?

headcanon overdose

CannonFodder

headcanon overdose
The irony is imagine the amount of good he would do if he was real and in our world?
So long as people would fight him he would be nom nom noming on all the chaos we create. The only way to actually win would be to cut off his food source.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.

The Wylfden person who drew that stunning pony robot picture has amazed us again, with a much longer and probably even more detailed and well done picture/comic:
http://wylfden.deviantart.com/art/ponycraft2-326374633

Seriously, this dude needs an award o_o

Vukasin

Yeah, I saw that last night. It's pretty amazing

MrSynndicated

I'm personally inclined to thinking he's the cause of chaos rather than the start of it.

I ment more when he was finally awakened, The chaos and disharmony before was probibly the cause of him being released but once he was free more started happening. Ponyville was floating upside down, cotton candy clouds with chocolate milk rain, and the weird tutu buffalos....... stuff like that was him just creating more chaos.

The irony is imagine the amount of good he would do if he was real and in our world?
So long as people would fight him he would be nom nom noming on all the chaos we create. The only way to actually win would be to cut off his food source.
I fail to see how that would be good. Between "hey, we have to stop our fights and work together!" and "It's your fault! We will punish/kill you for this!" I have my doubts that we would take the smart option.

First-rate Temerian Sword

Female Dogs and Garden Tools

I came here for the answer, but I've managed to find none. What is it so special about it? Sure I watched it once (if I'll tell you my reaction, it might simply offend somebody)and I still found no answer.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

I came here for the answer, but I've managed to find none. What is it so special about it? Sure I watched it once (if I'll tell you my reaction, it might simply offend somebody)and I still found no answer.

We're a tough bunch, speak yo mind good sir! Also for the answer thing: You'll be hard pressed to find a one-size-fits-all one I'm afraid. There are as many as they're bronies...I can only give you why I like it so much.

It's really creative for what franchise it spawned from, has some fairly nice art and the characterization is a nice throw back to cartoons of old (esp. compared to today's stuff) Oh, it's not perfect, but you can't help but like what you like, no?

CannonFodder

Holy shit!
The preorder for the season 1 dvd package out sold the hunger games and season 2 of the walking dead on amazon!

MrSynndicated

Holy shit!
The preorder for the season 1 dvd package out sold the hunger games and season 2 of the walking dead on amazon!

Awesomeness Achieved! Current Score: MLP 2 - Hunger Games 0 - Walking Dead 1. I still like walking dead so 1 XD

Ames

I came here for the answer, but I've managed to find none.

Yeah, the thread title is pretty outdated and misleading. Don't expect any intelligible explanations or discussions, this thread is just filled with fanboyism.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

I might accidently go against the rules if I will speak my mind. I would lie if I'd agree it has a 'nice' art and it would somehow remind me of the old cartoons. Because it simply doesn't.
Either you're trying to be edgy and failing our you lack the vocabulary to properly state your stance.
Holy shit!
OHSHI! I didn't even know that was a thing. I must go check out the specs to see if that's worth picking up. I demand commentary >:[

Vukasin

Maybe try 3 episodes rather than 1? You may have seen one of the bad episodes.

Not everyone is going to like it though. If you gave it a chance and still don't like it, well, there's not a lot more you can do.

I Am That Is

I am not a

Hey guys here to derail the thread again.

So I still have yet to move out due to some problems I won't mention here, so I still have to deal with parents and much younger siblings. Anyway, I have been wanting to get some mlp Merch but I can't find anything I could wear that isn't as blaring as a T-shirt. My parents would notice and that's a nono for me. Anyone have anything I could get that could be removed when necessary but still noticeable?

CannonFodder

Hey guys here to derail the thread again.

So I still have yet to move out due to some problems I won't mention here, so I still have to deal with parents and much younger siblings. Anyway, I have been wanting to get some mlp Merch but I can't find anything I could wear that isn't as blaring as a T-shirt. My parents would notice and that's a nono for me. Anyone have anything I could get that could be removed when necessary but still noticeable?
Maybe this one-
http://www.welovefine.com/744-wonderbolts-biggest-fan.html
It stands out to anyone that watches the show and anybody that doesn't won't know what the wonderbolts are.
If you are going to extremely sneaky reference then-
http://www.welovefine.com/1363-shadowbolts-fan.html
Only a brony would know what the shadowbolts are.

I Am That Is

I am not a

Maybe this one-
http://www.welovefine.com/744-wonderbolts-biggest-fan.html
It stands out to anyone that watches the show and anybody that doesn't won't know what the wonderbolts are.
If you are going to extremely sneaky reference then-
http://www.welovefine.com/1363-shadowbolts-fan.html
Only a brony would know what the shadowbolts are.

Thanks, but Im really leaning away from shirts. What kind of other "apparrel" could you get that doesn't scream "PONYFREAK" to your parents who already think your gay :p

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

So I'm a member of The Comedy Button Facebook Fanpage, which is a fanpage of a podcast. The people there are all pretty cool. So this one dude has been doing custom sketches for people, and I finally said "you should draw me doing something awesome. I'm not sure what though" and he drew this for me:

http://s13.postimage.org/i3iy1btx3/pony.png

So I'm pretty fucking happy right now as I find that picture to be awesome.

Thanks, but Im really leaning away from shirts. What kind of other "apparrel" could you get that doesn't scream "PONYFREAK" to your parents who already think your gay :p
A purple and white leather collar because Rarity is so darn fabulous!

Ames

I've been contemplating buying this hoodie, and then telling my friends it's a Western Washington University hoodie. :V