• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Within 5 years the majority of my wardrobe will consist of pony-related clothes, starting in around two years.
Buck yeah. :I

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

I just found out a group of bronies are planning on making fallout equestria: The Game. The group plans on making a mod for fallout 3 so that it's more of a complete redo of the entire game than just a mod. With the equestria wasteland, voice actors and redone storyline.

Also I accidentally ran into two bronies today. woot.

Last edited:

Vukasin

I just found out a group of bronies are planning on making fallout equestria: The Game. The group plans on making a mod for fallout 3 so that it's more of a complete redo of the entire game than just a mod. With the equestria wasteland, voice actors and redone storyline.
I heard about that. One of my friends is voice acting for it.

CannonFodder

I heard about that. One of my friends is voice acting for it.
I'm wondering if the mod will change it to 2d or keep the models 3d. Personally if they made it flat to make it look like a cartoon it'll make aiming a bit more difficult, but if they use 3d it'll look a bit wonky.

Last edited:

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability

I'm wondering if the mod will change it to 2d or keep the models 3d. Personally if they made it flat to make it look like a cartoon it'll make aiming a bit more difficult, but if they use 3d it'll look a bit wonky.

Their best bet would be a method similar to what you see in Okami, where it's 3D made to look 2D. I don't know the limitations of the modding, but there is probably no reason they couldn't make this method work. It is mostly just more heavily contrasting shading, and heavy lines bordering the objects/characters.

On another FoE note... There is a pen and paper ruleset out that is excellent, and the IRC chat end has about 12 game groups going on weekly schedules. I'm in one, and it's much more awesome and effective than I imagined IRC PnP to be. Ponies, zebras, and dice, man.

CannonFodder

For those of you living under a rock one of the video animations projects, named children of the night, is nearing completion.
So here's a teaser trailer for what it's going to look like completed-
[YT]53QXDyZKYlc[/YT]

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.

For those of you living under a rock one of the video animations projects, named children of the night, is nearing completion.
So here's a teaser trailer for what it's going to look like completed-
[YT]53QXDyZKYlc[/YT]
Hooooooly crap.
It's like half Disney half MLP.

I SENSE LUNA SONG/S!

CannonFodder

Hooooooly crap.
It's like half Disney half MLP.

I SENSE LUNA SONG/S!
And you would be correct.

First-rate Temerian Sword

Female Dogs and Garden Tools

Either you're trying to be edgy and failing our you lack the vocabulary to properly state your stance. [
And you already became defensive for no reason. I thought it would be rather simple for somebody as "observative". It's pointless to argue with bronies (or anyone who is obsessed with a show like that) about their thing. This is why I simply asked a reason for such obsession (personal curiosity), then refused to state my opinion about it. It would bring no good. Hope I managed to make it clear for you.

Conker

And you already became defensive for no reason. I thought it would be rather simple for somebody as "observative". It's pointless to argue with bronies (or anyone who is obsessed with a show like that) about their thing. This is why I simply asked a reason for such obsession (personal curiosity), then refused to state my opinion about it. It would bring no good. Hope I managed to make it clear for you.
I'm not being defensive, I'm being offensive. The way you stated your post came off as a failed attempt at being edgy and cool because you're views are just SOOOOOOOO shocking, or you seriously lack the necessary vocabulary and conversational skills to explain your point without being offensive.

I don't give a shit if you don't like a cartoon I like.

CannonFodder

I've been waiting for a excuse to use this image that has been sitting around in my reaction face bookmarks.

I'm not being defensive, I'm being offensive. The way you stated your post came off as a failed attempt at being edgy and cool because you're views are just SOOOOOOOO shocking, or you seriously lack the necessary vocabulary and conversational skills to explain your point without being offensive.

I don't give a shit if you don't like a cartoon I like.

I haven't even shared my views about it so far(Only mentioned that it doesn't resemble an old cartoon). You wouldn't respond for a second time if you didn't care. Keep trying, Conker.

And CannonFodder, I've never done anything like this and neither I said that bronies have no lives. Atleast here.

Disregard that, I've just got myself into a trap I've mentioned before.

Last edited:

Conker

I haven't even shared my views about it so far(Only mentioned that it doesn't resemble an old cartoon). You wouldn't respond for a second time if you didn't care. Keep trying, Conker.

And CannonFodder, I've never done anything like this and neither I said that bronies have no lives. Atleast here.

Disregard that, I've just got myself into a trap I've mentioned before.
I'm only going off of what you said dude. Here, lemme quote you:

I might accidently go against the rules if I will speak my mind. I would lie if I'd agree it has a 'nice' art and it would somehow remind me of the old cartoons. Because it simply doesn't.

I don't care if you don't like this cartoon. That's completely fine. I'm only going off of how you present yourself. The post before that you say you're too sure you'll offend someone, which you won't do if you actually post in a manor that isn't retarded. It is, afterall, a cartoon. We don't care if you don't like it.

Lemme try and rephrase the above, since I tried to post that before a game of Halo. If you can't post your opinion without offending someone, then you either A) lack conversational skills or B) are underestimating our constitutions. We honestly don't care, and this thread is for anyone with an opinion on the show. If you don't like it, don't feel afraid to post. We honestly won't bite your heads off.

Last edited:

I don't care if you don't like this cartoon. That's completely fine. I'm only going off of how you present yourself. The post before that you say you're too sure you'll offend someone, which you won't do if you actually post in a manor that isn't retarded. It is, afterall, a cartoon. We don't care if you don't like it.

Lemme try and rephrase the above, since I tried to post that before a game of Halo. If you can't post your opinion without offending someone, then you either A) lack conversational skills or B) are underestimating our constitutions. We honestly don't care, and this thread is for anyone with an opinion on the show. If you don't like it, don't feel afraid to post. We honestly won't bite your heads off.

I don't quite understand why you want me to voice my opinion, while you claim that no one will actually care anyways? But do understand that it might appear wrong how I would just go into a thread like this and start forcing my 'negative' opinions about the show. It's not that I lack conversational skills, it's that I don't want to appear like an asswipe for doing that.

CannonFodder

I don't quite understand why you want me to voice my opinion, while you claim that no one will actually care anyways? But do understand that it might appear wrong how I would just go into a thread like this and start forcing my 'negative' opinions about the show. It's not that I lack conversational skills, it's that I don't want to appear like an asswipe for doing that.
Short version: As long as you reasonable with your opinions and actually interested in a actual discussion rather than trying to burn down the thread then nothing is wrong with posting your opinions on the show.

Last edited:

Conker

Okay, lemme clarify then. By we won't care I mean we won't care that you hate the show. I'm fully open to any and all opinions, and it's not like the show is picture perfect. It does have some flaws, so I can acknowledge them.

But you already expressed a negative opinion when you entered the thread, you just passively stated it. You might as well fully post it since people are willing to listen, but if you don't want to, I won't hold you to that. Just know that what I've said to you was based off of what you said earlier and how you portrayed yourself, not on your opinion itself. Everyone can have an opinion and that opinion can differ from mine, my antagonism wasn't directed at your having a differing opinion but how you came off when you started posting.

I hope that clears things up. I'm actually pretty drunk right now, so it might not :p

CannonFodder

For those of you that may have missed it, but apparently there's another mlp fan game in production called, "Questria". It looks alright, it's pre-alpha though. So don't expect it any time soon.
2013 is going to be a good year for gaming.

Vukasin

I don't quite understand why you want me to voice my opinion, while you claim that no one will actually care anyways?
You're original post was basically saying "I could voice my opinion, but I won't because someone might get offended." so Conker is just saying "Don't worry about it, go ahead."

Grimfang

Okay, so I've never considered myself a brony, but... well, I might as well accept the title and see what this thread is about.

So I just started a programming class at an internship, and I found out that I was being taught by a German brony. And then I noticed there was a second. And then there was a class debate about whether Spongebob or MLP was better. I'm surprised at how popular and known MLP is in Germany. I cannot lie, it actually got me excited about this new class, haha.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

It does seem that bronies have appeared out of thin air. I must admit, in my time it would have been absurd to think young/young adult males of all people would openly be prideful of watching a show intended for little girls. Or anything intended for the female demagraphic. Prehaps gender roles have lost their power or geekdom is seen as "cool" nowadays. In any case, its great people don't much hide what they find an interest in.

Grimfang

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool that it was a topic of discussion without being weird or anything. I think part of the reason I got excited is that, I've worked some pretty terrible jobs with a bad mix of people over the years, trying to get back into school. Now I finally feel like, "ah yeah, this is where I belong." Nerdy culture.

So hello, MLP thread. :3

BrodyCoyote

Troublemaker

Sup pony thread. I don't consider myself a brony, but then again I don't consider myself a furry really, either. But I am definitely part of the community, and have met some great people through it. And a few jerks, a couple of which were also a part of this site as well, the Jerk Crossover! That's a different story and this isn't a callout thread, obviously, just a quick reminder both communities have their jerks. Questria looks really, really good, also, for being a pre-alpha.