• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Man I feel all left out. I don't play these games, don't read much in the way of fanfics and don't collect the toys.

So between seasons I have fuck all to talk about here. :(

Maybe I should start drawing ponies again. With swords and guns and shit...

Sorry, I'm doing a Conker and drinking right now. :p

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Man I feel all left out. I don't play these games, don't read much in the way of fanfics and don't collect the toys.

Neither do I, so I go outside or play video games instead.

Regardless...DO IT.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

So I just started a programming class at an internship, and I found out that I was being taught by a German brony. And then I noticed there was a second. And then there was a class debate about whether Spongebob or MLP was better. I'm surprised at how popular and known MLP is in Germany. I cannot lie, it actually got me excited about this new class, haha.
My vote is Spongebob, even though the newer episodes aren't that great. Man, I love Spongebob as a character. He's just the right amount of optimism, naivety, and stupidity.

Grimfang

My vote is Spongebob, even though the newer episodes aren't that great. Man, I love Spongebob as a character. He's just the right amount of optimism, naivety, and stupidity.

Spongebob is pretty great, although I feel like I completely missed that boat. I only saw a little of it here and there, so I can only vouch for ponies. Also, great sig you have there.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

I've been reading fanfics constantly and well I'm running out of epic level fanfics. I could just finish them up today, but then I would have nothing to do for until season 3.

Speaking of drawing, I'm getting back into drawing and I'm willing to do a couple of charcoal drawings to get back into the swing.
Anybody want me to draw their pony OC? I can take two or three.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool that it was a topic of discussion without being weird or anything. I think part of the reason I got excited is that, I've worked some pretty terrible jobs with a bad mix of people over the years, trying to get back into school. Now I finally feel like, "ah yeah, this is where I belong." Nerdy culture.

So hello, MLP thread. :3
Nerd culture is best culture.
It does seem that bronies have appeared out of thin air. I must admit, in my time it would have been absurd to think young/young adult males of all people would openly be prideful of watching a show intended for little girls. Or anything intended for the female demagraphic. Prehaps gender roles have lost their power or geekdom is seen as "cool" nowadays. In any case, its great people don't much hide what they find an interest in.
I ran into two bronies two days ago by complete random. I know there's at least a couple more at my college, but yeah the fandom does seem to be growing alot. Which is awesome.

Personally I think gender roles are becoming weaker in society as a whole, maybe people are beginning to realize it's 2012 and not 1950?
Sup pony thread.
Okay, so I've never considered myself a brony, but... well, I might as well accept the title and see what this thread is about.
Yay! Welcome to the thread.
Also if you are wondering what this thread is about, it's more of a actual discussion thread with actual chatting and is one of the nicest threads on FaF with next to no history of drama or slap fights between the fans. So welcome to the thread and hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:

BrodyCoyote

Troublemaker

Personally I think gender roles are becoming weaker in society as a whole, maybe people are beginning to realize it's 2012 and not 1950?
Hopefully! I'm not sure that it is, but one can hope. Also I'm going to be the weirdo and say I don't like Spongebob. I don't know, it feels like Rocko's Modern Life only significantly less weird.

CannonFodder

Hopefully! I'm not sure that it is, but one can hope. Also I'm going to be the weirdo and say I don't like Spongebob. I don't know, it feels like Rocko's Modern Life only significantly less weird.
I don't remember much about Rocko's Modern Life, but what I do remember is yeah that show was really really weird.

BrodyCoyote

Troublemaker

I don't remember much about Rocko's Modern Life, but what I do remember is yeah that show was really really weird.
Rocko's Modern Life and Ren & Stimpy are what I grew up with. Ah, the era of WTF.

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented

It is? I knew there was something off about my calendar.

CannonFodder

Thank you for that. I enjoyed this.

So.. this has probably been asked many times: When does season 3 appear?
You're welcome.

We're not sure. Apparently some time in october.

AlphaRad35

Banned
Banned

Aren't y'all forgeting that when adult men go crazy for little girl shows like MLP: FiM, wouldn't that make them PEDOPHILES?

HMMMMMMM?

Aren't y'all forgeting that when adult men go crazy for little girl shows like MLP: FiM, wouldn't that make them PEDOPHILES?

HMMMMMMM?
1/10 You should go and consult Brazen for more troll training, you need it

BrodyCoyote

Troublemaker

HMMMMMMM?

Replace little girl shows like MLP: FiM with furries, replace pedophiles with zoophiles. Lame. I still like playing Mine Little Pony in Minecraft, I wish there were some better MLP related technical-mods servers. The one I popped on had everything fun disabled... I mean, on one hand, ponies, on the other, I couldn't set up a tiny robotic army to do menial chores for me. It didn't take long before I was back to my single player world building my own Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?

Brazen is a troll who's much better at trolling then you are. That attempt was just sad. Now go, and think about what you've done.

:V

RailRide

The Real Wheels of Steel

...Speaking of drawing, I'm getting back into drawing and I'm willing to do a couple of charcoal drawings to get back into the swing.

I've been on the threshold of actually drawing the FiM characters ever since posting this last year. Someday I'll get over my mental block on drawing commercial characters.

Someday (or yay, procrastination--I've only gotten around to doing actual vectors of my own characters this week)

---PCJ

Vukasin

Speaking of drawing, I'm getting back into drawing and I'm willing to do a couple of charcoal drawings to get back into the swing.
Sure, you can draw mine if you'd like. I've got a few pictures for reference:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54422810/BlackElectricColorHead.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54422810/Black%20Electric.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54422810/Wet Mane Black.png

CannonFodder

Okey dokey loki.
I'll get started on drawing in a few minutes. I should get done either sometime tomorrow afternoon or at the latest monday. Any specifics you want? Like what sort of background do you want your oc to be in? Like playing a guitar or something?
Keep in mind since I don't have paper large enough(cause it's really hard to get detail with charcoal while on small paper) that means I'll have to draw your oc to the point they take up almost the whole page, so no super intricate backgrounds.

Last edited:

Vukasin

Okey dokey loki.
I'll get started on drawing in a few minutes. I should get done either sometime tomorrow afternoon or at the latest monday. Any specifics you want? Like what sort of background do you want your oc to be in? Like playing a guitar or something?
Keep in mind since I don't have paper large enough(cause it's really hard to get detail with charcoal while on small paper) that means I'll have to draw your oc to the point they take up almost the whole page, so no super intricate backgrounds.
I think just the OC would be fine. I wouldn't want you to have to try and cram stuff in when you don't have room.

CannonFodder

I think just the OC would be fine. I wouldn't want you to have to try and cram stuff in when you don't have room.
Charcoal sucks when you don't have paper large enough :\

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

I wouldn't know. I use pencils and inks followed closely by photoshop.

CannonFodder

I wouldn't know. I use pencils and inks followed closely by photoshop.
It acts a lot like watercolour and all it takes is one heavy smudge into a white area and that's it. You won't be able to get the area back to white... ever, no matter how much erasing you try. It's really friggin hard cause to use a analogy imagine a droplet of water and your goal is to move it about and distort it so that it takes the shape you want and at the same time trying not to get the parts you want white wet. That's why you see charcoal paintings the size of a entire wall, cause getting into those iddy bitty parts without screwing up on a iddy bitty piece of paper is next to impossible.
I love my charcoal cause even though it's hard and finicky it's hands on and once you get used to it it's lots of fun.

Last edited:

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?

That's why I love using brown butcher's paper when I do charcoal.