• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

That's why I love using brown butcher's paper when I do charcoal.
All I got is that crap paper that a art teacher would smack you for bringing into class.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

All I got is that crap paper that a art teacher would smack you for bringing into class.

Old paper grocery bags work in a pinch, and I've had good results with chalk pastels on cardboard.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

Not unlike watercolour pencils then. You do much the same thing, only you draw roughly what you want and then use water to spread/blend it with other colours.

It looks okay, but I like the digital finish that PS gives, so I've moved away from traditional drawings.

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work

I watched My Little Pony for the first time.

Watching the first epsiode, I got to say that it's a decent show so far.

I want to slap the hell out of Pinkie Pie though. God what a putz.

BrodyCoyote

Troublemaker

Ironically the first two episodes are some of the worst episodes. Also Pinkie Pie is a very controversial character, some love her, some hate her. She also comes out a lot more in later episodes, less gimmicky, her Nightmare Night one is great.

CannonFodder

The first two episodes are just the pilot. We normally tell people to watch any five episodes to judge whether or not they'll like the show, the reason being within five episodes you'll know for certain whether or not you'll like it.
Very rarely do the pilot do it for anyone.

RayO_ElGatubelo

Ironically the first two episodes are some of the worst episodes. Also Pinkie Pie is a very controversial character, some love her, some hate her. She also comes out a lot more in later episodes, less gimmicky, her Nightmare Night one is great.

The first two episodes are just the pilot. We normally tell people to watch any five episodes to judge whether or not they'll like the show, the reason being within five episodes you'll know for certain whether or not you'll like it.
Very rarely do the pilot do it for anyone.

I realize that. I'm watching the episodes in order, though. I plan to watch more.

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented

I did too. Then I learned she was best pony.

Grimfang

Like any tv show, it gets better as it progresses. And yeah, Pinkie Pie becomes less gimmicky later on. She'll always be hyper and wonky as hell though. What I like most about Pinkie Pie is that she annoys my partner. I get a little schadenfreude from MLP.

CannonFodder

Yeah, I like a lot more episodes in the second season than I did in the first.
Oh sweet!! Another new poster to the thread! Awesome.

But on the topic of the show quality, yeah I gotta agree the majority of my favorite episodes are in season two. However winter wrap up will always for nostalgia reasons and such will still always be in my top favorites.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

I like Pinky for her odd-ballness. The joke is never spoiled because everone just has come to grips that it's just the way she is. Like Gillagin o_O. She always works better with as a sidekick or with someone else to be silly with her. (Like Spike)

Usually I have a fav but the series reminds me of Golden Girls: You can't really have a favorite because everyone is a little different depending on who they're with. Plus they play so well off one another. I might choose Rarity though because she's the type that can be insulting yet wellmeaning in such a well done fashion.

Teal

Squirrel

I just started watching FIM yesterday. I love it.
And I just got my sister to watch it. Now she's a fan.

There's a lot of nostalgia for me, when I was younger I collected ponys.
I have a loooot of gen 2 and 3 ponies. :3

CannonFodder

Woohoo!

Also I would have never given gen 2 a chance had it not been for FIM.

Grimfang

Are the older generations actually entertaining? I've never really seen them, but I'm under the impression that it wouldn't have the same potential for entertaining a broad audience (namely, an older as well as younger audience).

CannonFodder

Are the older generations actually entertaining? I've never really seen them, but I'm under the impression that it wouldn't have the same potential for entertaining a broad audience (namely, an older as well as younger audience).
Not as many people like the older generations. The worst generation was 3.5 The older generations unlike fim is actually geared towards it's target demographic.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

As far as I've heard, the older the better. (or less bad, depending on who you ask)

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

I beg to differ. I investigated out of the same curiosity that led me to fim, and found them nowhere near as entertaining.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

I beg to differ. I investigated out of the same curiosity that led me to fim, and found them nowhere near as entertaining.

Sorry, I meant to say that without taking FiM into it, which is much better.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

Fair enough then. But my point stands. They don't have a whole lot going for them.

RayO_ElGatubelo

I saw some of the first season of My Little Pony Tales... not badly written, but what are those kinds of storylines doing in a show about ponies. It looks more like an episode of the PBS show Arthur. But with Ponies.

Ironically that show made fun of My Little Pony!
[yt]g4XDiYPgZlI[/yt]

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.

Anything besides G4 ponies is cancer.

Except the sea ponies.

SHOO BE DOO, SHOO SHOO BE DOO!

Teal

Squirrel

I remember seeing the movie that had the purple slime but that's it. I don't remember the show before gen 3. Now that was just for little girls.

Shoki

I had a collection of the older ponies when I was little!
I gave them to the in-home daycare I worked at, to play with them with the kids...And then when we moved to a center, they got scattered all over the building before I could get them back. When the center closed down, I managed to find a couple of them...But the rest are gone. T_T

I gave the ones I found to my boyfriend's roommate who restores ponies. I can't wait to see them looking brand new again!