• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Woah Cann Fodd I was just kidding. Of course Equestria Girls will be awful.

Rasly

Banned
Banned
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

What is so bad about Equestria Girls? more pony related stuff is better, isn't it?

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned

What is so bad about Equestria Girls? more pony related stuff is better, isn't it?
We won't know what's so bad about it until it comes out :V

I think the fandom in general is viewing Equestria Girls as Hasbro cashing in on the popularity of MLP:FiM. As I write it that sounds really dumb though. Of course Hasbro is trying to cash in on it, they're a company.
I understand the sourness toward Equestria Girls though. No one wants to see something they like go south.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

We won't know what's so bad about it until it comes out :V

I think the fandom in general is viewing Equestria Girls as Hasbro cashing in on the popularity of MLP:FiM. As I write it that sounds really dumb though. Of course Hasbro is trying to cash in on it, they're a company.
I understand the sourness toward Equestria Girls though. No one wants to see something they like go south.
Of course they want to make money because they are a company and that's what companies do, but that's also not a noble effort. Equestria Girls DOES seem like a really bad cash in attempt. MLP accidentally got a huge side market of bronies, and Equestria Girls seems to want to do the same but with older girls and younger women.

I just don't see that working, but I'm also judging a show based off of a screenshot, which is pretty stupid. I'll watch it and see what it does, but I don't have high hopes.

Rasly

Banned
Banned

I just don't see that working, but I'm also judging a show based off of a screenshot, which is pretty stupid. I'll watch it and see what it does, but I don't have high hopes.
Do you have any idea who is going to work on it? like story artists and such?

Toshabi

Banned
Banned

Equestria girls is going to be great. I can finally hnnnnng to twilight sparkle and I won't be called a horsefucker for doing so.

Also, My Little Dashie is stupid. I can't believe it has a fan base creating a movie for it.

Also also, the fan made episode sucked. It was like watching the puppet pals show from Dexter's Lab without the punch lines. The animation was good, but the writing and timing was soooooooooooooooo fucking bad. Such a sbame the animators had to go through all that work, though, they did their job well.

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light

Also, My Little Dashie is stupid. I can't believe it has a fan base creating a movie for it.

Also also, the fan made episode sucked. It was like watching the puppet pals show from Dexter's Lab without the punch lines. The animation was good, but the writing and timing was soooooooooooooooo fucking bad. Such a sbame the animators had to go through all that work, though, they did their job well.

My Little Dashie is one of the most terribly-written autismal self-inserts the fandom's ever had the honor of shitting out.

I can't watch the animation, I think I would drown in the spaghetti.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

I can't watch the animation, I think I would drown in the spaghetti.
Oh I have no doubts it's going to fail to live up people's expectations. Just look at the animated movie's trailer. It's like they spent all their effort into creating the backgrounds and didn't care about the actual characters or properly animating them.

They should have had a different person doing the backgrounds and someone else doing the actual characters. Then it would look better.
Do you have any idea who is going to work on it? like story artists and such?
No one from studio B. The movie is being outsourced to another studio.

Last edited:

Vukasin

My Little Dashie is one of the most terribly-written autismal self-inserts the fandom's ever had the honor of shitting out.
My Little Dashie is really not as bad as you describe it here. Sure, it's not a great fanfic or anything, but there are much, much, much worse ones. The only reason you and others give MLD so much flak is because of it's popularity.

Trust me, I used to read a ton of fanfics back in the day and MLD is decent compared to some of the others I've read.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned

My Little Dashie is really not as bad as you describe it here. Sure, it's not a great fanfic or anything, but there are much, much, much worse ones. The only reason you and others give MLD so much flak is because of it's popularity.

Trust me, I used to read a ton of fanfics back in the day and MLD is decent compared to some of the others I've read.
Why are there so many popular bad fanfics I wonder? I'm sure there are good ones.

I haven't read any so I don't know.

CannonFodder

Why are there so many popular bad fanfics I wonder? I'm sure there are good ones.

There are a ton of good fanfics, and there are a ton of good non-popular fanfics. Popularity has no effect on a fanfic and does not automatically determine whether or not a fanfic is good.

If you want a good popular fanfic there's stuff like "end of ponies", "crisis equestria" and such. There's funny ones like "Shipping and Handling", there's epics, there's action fanfics, and there's all sorts. It just depends on the author of it. There are some good nonpopular fanfics too.

Last edited:

Vukasin

Oh yeah, there are tons of good fanfics. I don't really read them much anymore, so I only know the good ones from back in the day.

Toshabi

Banned
Banned

The only reason you and others give MLD so much flak is because of it's popularity.

If shit is getting praised and called "One of the most emotional stories I've ever read" by thousands of bronies, I think that one has every right to say that something is wrong with this picture. People who legitimately cried/teared up during their read through of my little dashie has issues.

Conker

"It's better than the really shitty ones" isn't much of a selling point :V

Vukasin

If shit is getting praised and called "One of the most emotional stories I've ever read" by thousands of bronies, I think that one has every right to say that something is wrong with this picture. People who legitimately cried/teared up during their read through of my little dashie has issues.
People tearing up over MLD isn't really an issue for me. If people got emotional over it and connected to it that deeply then that's cool. I personally didn't find it that sad or engaging, but hey, that's just my opinion.

"It's better than the really shitty ones" isn't much of a selling point :V
We're talking about MLP fanfics here. There aren't really any other selling points :V

Summer

It seems that more and more people every day just get obsessed with My little pony and develop into "Bronies".
What is so amazing about My little pony and why are so many people that I suspect are completely out of the target audience range in love with it?

I'm a long time MLP fan and even I don't really understand why MLP is now more popular then ever.

CannonFodder

I'm a long time MLP fan and even I don't really understand why MLP is now more popular then ever.
Oh hi, a new poster. Well to answer your question the internet gave it a viral following cause of the quality of the show.

Nowadays this thread has become a general discussion about the show and anything related to mlp. You're welcome to talk about mlp here.

Also have some cosplay-
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/531/757/d9a.jpg

Last edited:

Conker

Oh hi, a new poster. Well to answer your question the internet gave it a viral following cause of the quality of the show.

Nowadays this thread has become a general discussion about the show and anything related to mlp. You're welcome to talk about mlp here.

Also have some cosplay-
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/531/757/d9a.jpg
More people should have silly anime colored hair. Shit's just fun. If I didn't have super dark brown hair and didn't work in a boring office that would frown upon such things, I'd think about dying my own some silly shade of something.

Also, I dig the cosplay.

CannonFodder

More people should have silly anime colored hair. Shit's just fun. If I didn't have super dark brown hair and didn't work in a boring office that would frown upon such things, I'd think about dying my own some silly shade of something.
Most of the time when people try it in real life it looks strange.

Conker

Most of the time when people try it in real life it looks strange.
Yeah. But I can't get around the idea of a wig. Either go broke or go home, or whatever that idiom is.

Tybis

Me beautiful barnet!

Yeah. But I can't get around the idea of a wig.

I'm genuinely amazed when a wig is both a non-headache-inducing color and perfectly unmussed.

Either go broke or go home, or whatever that idiom is.

I believe you've fused "go for broke" and "go big or go home". Sounds good either way though.

Analysis!