• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

I believe you've fused "go for broke" and "go big or go home". Sounds good either way though.

Analysis!
Hmm. I might continue saying that because I like it.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

In case you missed it usa today listed Equestria girls movie tickets. There's nothing other than the title, no release date or anything. Here I thought it was going to be a direct to tv movie.

CannonFodder

In case you all missed it there's another donation drive going on. Lauren threw this up on her Deviantart.
http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/journal/How-bad-do-you-want-to-name-an-alligator-Gummy-366892540
If you want to help donate here's the donation page. I t doesn't have to be a lot of money. It could just be a dollar or two, or whatever you can spare.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wildlife-learning-center-needs-your-support-to-care-for-animals

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned

In case you all missed it there's another donation drive going on. Lauren threw this up on her Deviantart.
http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/journal/How-bad-do-you-want-to-name-an-alligator-Gummy-366892540
If you want to help donate here's the donation page. I t doesn't have to be a lot of money. It could just be a dollar or two, or whatever you can spare.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wildlife-learning-center-needs-your-support-to-care-for-animals
Aww that's a great idea! I really need a f**king job.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

In case you missed it usa today listed Equestria girls movie tickets. There's nothing other than the title, no release date or anything. Here I thought it was going to be a direct to tv movie.
It'll be the first thing I torrent in years :p

Ranguvar

I don't get ponies. My le french cousins are here and all they have done all night is watch fucking ponies. WHY?? I may never like ponies but I want to understand.

CannonFodder

I don't get ponies. My le french cousins are here and all they have done all night is watch fucking ponies. WHY?? I may never like ponies but I want to understand.
Have you tried watching a couple of the episodes?

As for why people like it there's a million different reasons and the reasons why people like it vary wildly from person to person and if you ask a thousand different people why they like it you'll get a thousand different reasons. If I had to summarize why people like it in a single sentence is would be, "Many different types of people can like it for many different reasons and they can find in it something that they enjoy."

Last edited:

Ranguvar

Have you tried watching a couple of the episodes?

As for why people like it there's a million different reasons and the reasons why people like it vary wildly from person to person and if you ask a thousand different people why they like it you'll get a thousand different reasons.
I tried to watch ponies, but it felt really dirty.

CannonFodder

I tried to watch ponies, but it felt really dirty.
How so?

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

The main reason people like the show is because its funny. That and because its a cartoon that doesn't talk down to kids. Rainbowdash is a tomboy with faults and sometimes they'll kick an ass or two.

Kinda surprising for a show about ponies, no?

CannonFodder

Do you know what would happen to my street cred if my homies found out I watched ponies?
Watching a cartoon doesn't emasculate someone. What do you think a secret police agent will pop out of nowhere, tackle you and revoke your imaginary man card if you watch a cartoon?

Ranguvar

Watching a cartoon doesn't emasculate someone. What do you think a secret police agent will pop out of nowhere, tackle you and revoke your imaginary man card if you watch a cartoon?
Yes

CannonFodder

It's a cartoon, not some secret government ploy to emasculate the human race and the idea that somehow a cartoon makes a person less manly is utterly ridiculous.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

I'll let you borrow my man-card. I've got enough to spare. :V

It's a cartoon, not some secret government ploy to emasculate the human race and the idea that somehow a cartoon makes a person less manly is utterly ridiculous.

CF, Greenie is just playing. Sheesh.

CannonFodder

CF, Greenie is just playing. Sheesh.
*facepalm
I don't know Green Knight all that well so I don't know when he's joking or not.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk

CannonFodder

Oh fuck yeah. Fighting is magic was picked up by /mlp/ and they're working on finishing the game now. Rainbow Dash is complete now and Fluttershy is being worked on. We probably will never see the full 17 character roster, but at least the game will be completed anyhow and we may eventually see some other characters eventually put in.

The downside is that Rainbow's sprite looks pasted in. There's not much they can do about it since they are using sprites, but chances are down the line that will eventually be fixed.

Oh and Derpy being a mailmare is canon now in the comics.

Last edited:

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned

I'm picking up the new comics next Wednesday. Can't wait to see the suprise that's been spoiled for me already.

CannonFodder

I'm picking up the new comics next Wednesday. Can't wait to see the suprise that's been spoiled for me already.
[YT]gnFO6b__gYw[/YT]

Toshabi

Banned
Banned

Has anypony else bought their tickets for equestria girls? Me and 10 of my brony amigos got ours reserved! It's going to be 20% cooler so awesome!

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.

Toshabi, I have to say that the only thing that would make me smile is the thought of you in an iron lung.