• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

“We are responding to the desire by our fans to experience the brand in more ways,” said John A. Frascotti, Hasbro’s chief marketing officer. “They imagined themselves as which pony they would be or which pony they identified with the most.”
YOU CANNOT PIN THIS ON US HASBRO >:[

Vukasin

Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

I think it definitely has the potential to be good, so I remain optimistic.

Conker

I think it definitely has the potential to be good, so I remain optimistic.
I dunno. The trailer seems like a generic "new kid in a new school" thing from what I saw, only this time the kids are all candy colored and look ugly.

Also, Spike as a dog is just no :(

CannonFodder

YOU CANNOT PIN THIS ON US HASBRO >:[
I have to agree on this; given the utter amount of negativity there is about it's like the shitstorm with the mass effect 3 ending and then how bioware changed all their ads to go "It's the most talked about mass effect game yet"

Vukasin

I dunno. The trailer seems like a generic "new kid in a new school" thing from what I saw, only this time the kids are all candy colored and look ugly.
Well, now that I think about it, since the characters are candy coloured in totally eliminates the race issue with the main ponies. I dunno if that's the actual reason or not though.

The lead writer for the movie is Megan McCarthy who, if you guys remember, was the one who wrote for many awesome episodes including "A Canterlot Wedding" Part 1 and 2.

CannonFodder

The lead writer for the movie is Megan McCarthy who, if you guys remember, was the one who wrote for many awesome episodes including "A Canterlot Wedding" Part 1 and 2.
Oh thank fucking christ, here I thought they weren't going to write it themselves.

Conker

Well, now that I think about it, since the characters are candy coloured in totally eliminates the race issue with the main ponies. I dunno if that's the actual reason or not though.

Which is good, but I'm still not sold on the premise or setting. Or just the fact that this is now about the real world and there'll most likely be some kind of relationship subplot, and I so enjoyed MLP for not having any romantic tension in it.

Plus...just fuck high school. I know THAT is target audience stuff, but high school was terrible and it's annoying to see it pop up like this all the time. It feels so god damned cliche.

And it's annoying to see RBD in a skirt as she plays European Football. That makes all kinds of sense.

I dunno. I can nitpick to hell and back but it's only a short trailer. I'll wait and hold judgement when it lands on Pirate Bay (refuse to pay for this one).

CannonFodder

Fifty dollars on sunset shimmer being the one who stole the elements of harmony and at the end of the movie she realizes "the error of her ways" and comes to equestria after befriending Twilight.

Last edited:

Vukasin

Plus...just fuck high school. I know THAT is target audience stuff, but high school was terrible and it's annoying to see it pop up like this all the time. It feels so god damned cliche.
My high school years were the best years of my life aside from university, so I'm pretty okay with the whole high school thing even if it is super cliche.

The only thing I really don't like is the (apparent) Twilight love interest.

Also, Sunset Shimmer looks pretty metal.

CannonFodder

Am I the only one having a pinkie sense that her love interest may be the parallel version of Spike? Cause that would be prettttyyyy weird.

Conker

My high school years were the best years of my life aside from university, so I'm pretty okay with the whole high school thing even if it is super cliche.

Also, Sunset Shimmer looks pretty metal.
And why the fuck does she even go to school? Travel from another universe -> go to high school seems pretty lame. Sure, it's the easiest way to learn the facts about a place, but ti's also pretty boring and mundane. It's not first hand knowledge, it's second hand knowledge, and that's less useful than general exploring.

Plus it's filled with assholes and you aren't old enough to buy sweet sweet whiskey yet.

There are lots of general plot issues to, like signing up for school requires more htan just "I WANT TO LEARN!" Also money.

Vukasin

And why the fuck does she even go to school? Travel from another universe -> go to high school seems pretty lame. Sure, it's the easiest way to learn the facts about a place, but ti's also pretty boring and mundane. It's not first hand knowledge, it's second hand knowledge, and that's less useful than general exploring.

Plus it's filled with assholes and you aren't old enough to buy sweet sweet whiskey yet.

There are lots of general plot issues to, like signing up for school requires more htan just "I WANT TO LEARN!" Also money.
Maybe they'll explain it in the movie. It'll probably just be the whole "I wanna learn" thing, though.

Conker

Maybe they'll explain it in the movie. It'll probably just be the whole "I wanna learn" thing, though.
Yeah. I guess I stand really pessimistic but still morbidly curious.

CannonFodder

Yeah. I guess I stand really pessimistic but still morbidly curious.
The only reason why I am going to watch is so I know "who the fuck is sunset shimmer?" when season 4 rolls around.

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light

At least they don't have fucking horse ears and wings anymore.

MicheleFancy

Navigator Mabel

There's no love interest.
If you looked at the supposed "love interest" he has the same colors and voice as Twilight's brother, Shining Armor.

Tybis

Me beautiful barnet!

There's no love interest.If you looked at the supposed "love interest" he has the same colors and voice as Twilight's brother, Shining Armor.
Just how many ponies are going to high school?

CannonFodder

They're totally ripping off Doug with all those skin colors.
Sunset Shimmer looks like a corndog complete with mustard and ketchup.
There's no love interest.
If you looked at the supposed "love interest" he has the same colors and voice as Twilight's brother, Shining Armor.
"It's not creepy" -the abridged series

Someone already drew a ponification of the character. So that makes it a ponification of a humanization of a pony character. . we must go deeper.

Last edited:

MicheleFancy

Navigator Mabel

I think it's going to be more of a close friendship, honestly.
But I won't see the movie.
I recently caught up on the latest season after not watching it since the middle of the second.. and well, the show just isn't for me anymore sadly.

CannonFodder

I recently caught up on the latest season after not watching it since the middle of the second.. and well, the show just isn't for me anymore sadly.
Yeah, a lot of people weren't happy with season 3. There is still hope for season 4 though and the movie now.

Also I hope in the school history is taught by a Mr. Jackson and physics by a Mrs. Carter or Mr. McKay.

MicheleFancy

Navigator Mabel

Yeah, a lot of people weren't happy with season 3. There is still hope for season 4 though and the movie now.

Didn't they completely change the writing staff or something? I'm not up on all of the stuff going on with the show anymore, but the writing and story telling to me was vastly different.

Toshabi

Banned
Banned

Wait what? Now you guys are for the movie?

I change my mind, the movie sucks nuts. What the fuck are they thinking with these ugly design? Tatoos on the face? Ponies with pancreatic cancer that spread to their skin, giving them ugly colors? PONIES IN HIGHSCHOOL AS HUMANS?!

God this movie sucks balls. I hope Ha$bro burns to the ground.