• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Wait what? Now you guys are for the movie?
Not really. I just thing it's going to be mediocre/mildly bad.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Wait what? Now you guys are for the movie?

I change my mind, the movie sucks nuts. What the fuck are they thinking with these ugly design? Tatoos on the face? Ponies with pancreatic cancer that spread to their skin, giving them ugly colors? PONIES IN HIGHSCHOOL AS HUMANS?!

God this movie sucks balls. I hope Ha$bro burns to the ground.

I gave up my "SkyNET approved" user title to say this:

Oh thank God, I knew you were just playin'. You did admittedly have me worried for a second. XD

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

I've always been for it.

I'll be honest...I see it being just as good as the Monster High Movies.

And I like those...just not anything to celebrate or pay money to see.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

I've been against it from the getgo. It was just nice to be the Ha$bro yesman in this thread for once.

I thought so XDD I know you of all people have high standards for animated stuff. I thought you might have saw a glimmer of hope I had not though.

Vukasin

I'll be honest...I see it being just as good as the Monster High Movies.

And I like those...just not anything to celebrate or pay money to see.
Everybody keeps comparing it to Monster High, but I honestly have no idea what that is so I can't comment.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

Everybody keeps comparing it to Monster High, but I honestly have no idea what that is so I can't comment.

It's a cartoon based off some really creative dolls. It's actually very similiar to MLP:FIM imo and if the ponies hadn't shown up...(and the monster one not so high school oriented) I could have seen it being big too.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB83F12C71A8E94B9 It's got an all girl cast, the main character is a mary sue but almost all the others are interesting and funny. Esp. Cleo DeNile.

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather

From this video it seems spike is the dog and shining armor her love interest. It must be in Mississippi.

DevistatedDrone

Poops in toilets.

You know, I originally thought Eq-Girls was supposed to be an entire spin-off series, but now that I know it's just a single movie, I feel a lot better about it and might even give it a watch (though, not in theaters)

From this video it seems spike is the dog and shining armor her love interest. It must be in Mississippi.
I instantly thought of Friendship is Witchcraft.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

What I wouldn't give for Daria to be a background character in that high school to represent my feelings towards such a vid.

Toshabi

Banned
Banned

I think that's unfair to say, seeing as how we don't know the context from those scenes. (Spike as a dog because slavery any other way is illegal. Either or, it kills off the "SPIKE IS REALLY TWILIGHT SPARKLE'S BROTHER" crowd fantasy prematurely.)

What I will say is the following:

1. Fuck you Ha$bro for keeping wings on Twilight Sparkle (pony version) you bastards!
2. Thank you for ripping the wings and horns off of the ponies that had them.
3. Human Twilight Sparkle is my new love interest because no wings.
4. Ha$bro still doesn't understand its fanbase and God bless them for it.
5. I'm somewhat relieved that the trailer had a large amount of dislikes.
6. I'm confused as to what the plot of this movie will even be about. For he most part, it looks like just a lazy "Because school drama" plot. I'd rather watch Doug.
7. I hope Discord is in it and looks like Q.
8. I really hope Discord is in it and his human form looks just like Q.

Discord is going to be in this right? And the writing staff is clever enough to do what I just listed twice,.... right?! RIGHT!?

I HAVE HOPE FOR THIS MOVIE!

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned

That EqGirls trailer is wack yo.

To be fair: The animation looks OK and at least it's some pone finally (even though it's -not- pone). I can get over the skin colors I guess because it's like Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Doug, or hell The Simpsons.

But goddammit "girl highschool show" is simply the worst. The. Worst. Maybe it will be entertaining because it's the characters we know in a new setting but mmmmm, I'm not sure that will cut it.

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather

I think the beginning might be entertaining when she is trying to figure out how to act human. Other than that no.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned

bB's Feelings on Equestria Girls V2.0 - Awful, terrible setup (high school girl drama is overdone to hell). But at least we know the characters and the animation seems alright. I'm desperate enough for new pones that I might enjoy this a little. Maybe.

No big hopes, but hey, who would have expected an advertisement for pony merchandise by Hasbro to be worth watching?
Let's see a (few) episode(s) and then decide whether it is shit.

Aleu

Deuces

I like cross-dimension bullshit. I might give it a watch.

Not my money though. Maybe if I come across it on youtube or something.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

7. I hope Discord is in it and looks like Q.
8. I really hope Discord is in it and his human form looks just like Q.

Discord is going to be in this right? And the writing staff is clever enough to do what I just listed twice,.... right?! RIGHT!?

I HAVE HOPE FOR THIS MOVIE!
If he is and he does look like Q then I don't care how terrible it could be I will watch it for that sole reason.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

One of my issues, after giving this a thought, is the names. Pinkie Pie and Applejack work as names for ponies becuase they are ponies, but as names for people? No. It's just...really silly.

I know this is a cartoon, but that's still really fucking silly. That would be like if a dude walked up to you and said "my name is Tiger Stripes." You'd go, "the fuck?" and then back away slowly from the crazy furry person.

Tybis

Me beautiful barnet!

Equestria Girls will fail for one reason, and one reason alone;

Rainbow Dash wears skorts.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

I'll be honest, I cringed at the scene where Celestia introduces them to the highschool human world.

"Soon you shall know more about this world than even I do?" Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

The idea that a world exists alongside Equestria that is so basic and uninteresting...is shockingly whorish.

Has Celestia been watching too much One Tree Hill? :V

Toshabi

Banned
Banned

I'll be honest, I cringed at the scene where Celestia introduces them to the highschool human world.

"Soon you shall know more about this world than even I do?" Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

The idea that a world exists alongside Equestria that is so basic and uninteresting...is shockingly whorish.

Has Celestia been watching too much One Tree Hill? :V

Molestia wants to sex real live kids. Plain and simple.

Vukasin

One of my issues, after giving this a thought, is the names. Pinkie Pie and Applejack work as names for ponies becuase they are ponies, but as names for people? No. It's just...really silly.

I know this is a cartoon, but that's still really fucking silly. That would be like if a dude walked up to you and said "my name is Tiger Stripes." You'd go, "the fuck?" and then back away slowly from the crazy furry person.
Well then, you'll be happy to know that their names are going to be different in the human world:

http://bit.ly/11Azce3