• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

PastryOfApathy

Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

So, it seems like the fandom is slowing down a bit, or maybe that's just on this site, but do you think the people who got MLP tattoos around season one are starting to go "maybe this wasn't such a good idea?" Season three wasn't as good as the other two, and given Equstria Girls is now a thing...makes me wonder.
So wait you're saying a fad-propelled fandom is slowing down after the quality dips? No sir!

Jabberwocky

bitch where
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Recently watched Equestria Girls. At first I was really weary about it, but I actually enjoyed it.

mysticfyre

Come on! That song! "Get up, get down!". Will be stuck in my head for days.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

So wait you're saying a fad-propelled fandom is slowing down after the quality dips? No sir!
Calling it "fad-propelled" might be doing it a bit of an injustice since I know of no fads that have lasted this long.

Three seasons, some comic books, and a spinoff movie is quite a lot.

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light

M-m-muh diabeetus...

[yt]S2VhC1QF7ww[/yt]

Vukasin

^ Yeah, I saw that yesterday. I'm totally looking forward to more Button Mash videos

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned

Anybody read issue #9 yet? It was maybe my favorite one yet. Inside Big Mac's head. And Luna's shirts. OMG.

PastryOfApathy

Calling it "fad-propelled" might be doing it a bit of an injustice since I know of no fads that have lasted this long.

Three seasons, some comic books, and a spinoff movie is quite a lot.

There are plenty of fads which have had similar levels of success.

PastryOfApathy

I don't know of any fads that have conventions with attendance numbers that reach 8,407.

Come back to me in 10 years and tell me if we'll still be having conventions like that.

Vukasin

Come back to me in 10 years and tell me if we'll still be having conventions like that.
I'm not implying that this'll last forever or anything, but it's definitely more than just a fad.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

There are plenty of fads which have had similar levels of success.
Can you call those fads though?

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

How are we even defining 'fad'?

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

So, it seems like the fandom is slowing down a bit, or maybe that's just on this site, but do you think the people who got MLP tattoos around season one are starting to go "maybe this wasn't such a good idea?" Season three wasn't as good as the other two, and given Equstria Girls is now a thing...makes me wonder.

Made it a minute and a half in before I had to stop. That was just awful.
Nah, popularity follows a bell curve. We're reaching the peak of that curve so to us it seems as though it's slowing down, when in reality the fucking insane growth rate is slowing down instead.

Also I was away for that long cause of a massive fuckup at my new house(only moved a mile away though), long story, really long story. Did anything important news happen while I was away?

Last edited:

Teal

Squirrel

I missed you CF, I really did. :I

CannonFodder

I missed you CF, I really did. :I
D'aww. I wasn't supposed to be gone for three weeks. It was supposed to be only like two days, but I was wishing you really could summon cthulu cause the person who screwed up my order for internet deserved death by tentacles. . and not in a fun way. I feel sorry for the guy who fixed the order cause it took him literally hours to fix it.

Also holy carp season 4 is coming out on november 23? Three months away, but okay.

Last edited:

So... Scootaloo confirmed for having a disability. I'm pretty excited that they're willing to actually address Faust's original plan for the filly.
Do you think it will be permanent or she'll eventually grow decent wings, though?

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever

There is now a brony dating site. This place is a goldmine.
... there is actually some pretty cute people on that site....

I see that other people have already posted the videos I came here to post...
And then, "Children of the Night" has been completed and released:
The lip sync seems a bit off. The animation is okay.
The song however is golden. Turns out it's an actual professional singer doing that song. I don't know if she did it specifically for that video, or they just borrowed the song.

M-m-muh diabeetus...

[yt]S2VhC1QF7ww[/yt]

SPONTANEOUS TRAIN COMBUSTION!!!!

I am not Lee.... I am... THE STACHE!!!!

MOAR.

Teu

Trixie is best pony!

CannonFodder

I finally got to read the ninth comic. Bioshock ponyville... I can dig it.

Also damnit, I would have liked to see fleetfootxbigmac. Why must you be so torture me so canon? Can't my otp ever be canon? Why won't you accept my love?

Last edited:

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

So what's this about Flash Sentry getting the axe? I never really liked him...but it intrigues me.

CannonFodder

So what's this about Flash Sentry getting the axe? I never really liked him...but it intrigues me.
Short version: He's not canon to FIM and wasn't popular enough to justify making him a regular character so they're not bringing him into the main show, like how sunset summer isn't going to be in season 4 either.

And yes it is confirmed that Flash Sentry and Sunset Summer aren't going to be joining FIM.

Last edited:

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light

rip

[yt]J-06pKVrySo[/yt]