• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Thats not how you spell Spitifre. ;)

That is not how you spell Fluttershy. Or Vinyl Scratch.

Teal

Squirrel
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Derpy is best pony.

And Luna is best Princess.

Teu

OH wait, I did misspell it!

It's.......The Great and Powerful Trixie.

There, fixed it.

Azure Flare

Close enough.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

Finally got to see button's adventures. Oh my god, he's just like me when I was that age.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

So what's this about Flash Sentry getting the axe? I never really liked him...but it intrigues me.

Consider it like this...

Butterflygodess: What is it they do now? Look, how they rub their hands.

Bronies: It is an accustomed action with them, to seem thus washing their hands. I have known them to continue in this a quarter of an hour.

MLP writers: Yet here’s a spot.

Butterflygoddess: Hark! They speak. I will set down what comes from them, to satisfy my remembrance the more strongly.

MLP Writers: Out, out, damned spot! out, I say! One; two: why, then, ’tis time to do ’t. Hell is murky! Fie, my lord, fie! a soldier, and afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our power to account? Yet who would have thought that project to have so much filth within it?

Butterflygoddess: Do you mark that?

MLP Writers: will these hands ne’er be clean? No more o’ that, my lord, no more o’ that: you mar all with this starting.

Butterflygoddess: Go to, go to; you have known what you should not.

Bronies: They spoke what they should not, I am sure of that: Heaven knows what they have known.

MLP writers: Here’s the smell of the trash movie! all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand. Oh! oh! oh!

...Well it's not nearly as pretentious as that....

Last edited:

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned

I finally got to read the ninth comic. Bioshock ponyville... I can dig it.

Also damnit, I would have liked to see fleetfootxbigmac. Why must you be so torture me so canon? Can't my otp ever be canon? Why won't you accept my love?
Wasn't that awesome?! It was cool to get a look at what goes on in Big Mac's head. I admit Fleetfoot Big Mac was pretty cute. Why does she, the most random pairing you could think of, feel so right?

EDIT: Celestia is best Princess.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

So I'm watching Equestria Girls right now and this might as well be PLOT HOLE: THE MOVIE!

It's kind of hard to go through, and I'm not sure if that's because I've taken such a long break from this show and have lost the spark, or if this movie just isn't very good. I really don't like the way things look, that's for sure.

But fuck, it's just so dumb. Sunset Shimmer leaves a monarchy to go to a human inhabited world and is all "fuck you I'm the best" because she's the bitch at ONE school? Clearly she doesn't know this world as well as she thinks she does, since no one will give half a fuck once they graduate. Not to mention all of the other things wrong with her mentality.

Also also, I thought they had names that wouldn't sound so stupid on humans in this iteration. Guess that was abandoned.

CannonFodder

But fuck, it's just so dumb. Sunset Shimmer leaves a monarchy to go to a human inhabited world and is all "fuck you I'm the best" because she's the bitch at ONE school? Clearly she doesn't know this world as well as she thinks she does, since no one will give half a fuck once they graduate. Not to mention all of the other things wrong with her mentality.
Pretty much my thoughts on the movie.

Also speaking of Equestria girls has anyone been to the local toy store? Cause the EQG toys have been at my walmart since they were first shipped out(that's the great thing about new walmarts, they have all new stuff) and not a single doll has sold. Has anyone else noticed this at their local stores? Also no it's not just that the store is in a small town, cause on opening day we literally had 5k people come in to check out the new store and they still didn't sell any.

Last edited:

Conker

Pretty much my thoughts on the movie.
Aye. When it wasn't bad it was mostly forgettable. The one song was catchy, but made no sense because, you know, spontaneous singing doesn't fix problems. I'll go along with it in Equestria, but not some version of "the real world."

CannonFodder

Aye. When it wasn't bad it was mostly forgettable. The one song was catchy, but made no sense because, you know, spontaneous singing doesn't fix problems. I'll go along with it in Equestria, but not some version of "the real world."
IMBD gave it on average a 6.3/10 so it's almost a "okay" movie, but it's more of a "meh" movie. Technically a bad movie, but god there's been worse hasbro franchise movies-
*PTSD flashback to the michael bay transformers movie*
-much much worse movies.
The sad thing is that this is probably the top third best movie based off a hasbro trademark.

Conker

IMBD gave it on average a 6.3/10 so it's almost a "okay" movie, but it's more of a "meh" movie. Technically a bad movie, but god there's been worse hasbro franchise movies-
*PTSD flashback to the michael bay transformers movie*
-much much worse movies.
The sad thing is that this is probably the top third best movie based off a hasbro trademark.
Eh. I didn't hate the Transformers movies, though I didn't love them by any means. They had some good moments, and it was fun to see the new reimagining of the robots. Some fun explosions and action.

Didn't care for Equestria Girls though :p Too many plot holes for one. And why did it end so fucking abruptly? The writers had NINETY MINUTES instead of twenty, yet we still had a deus ex machina "friendship and magic" ending.

So I'm watching Equestria Girls right now and this might as well be PLOT HOLE: THE MOVIE!

I like the scene where Twilight is asking Principal Celestia about the crown, is told about the crown, and then leaves the office without asking for the crown.
She wouldn't have to explain it's because she's a freaking princess horse, she could just ask to see it, then run like Hell outside and back to her world. DONE.

CannonFodder

I like the scene where Twilight is asking Principal Celestia about the crown, is told about the crown, and then leaves the office without asking for the crown.
She wouldn't have to explain it's because she's a freaking princess horse, she could just ask to see it, then run like Hell outside and back to her world. DONE.
The movie would have been a lot better if it was that.
"Suck it nerd! I got your crown!"
"LEROY JENKINS! I stole it back!"
"God damn it leroy!"
"Least I have a crown!"

Also on the topic of the EQG dolls, eeyup it's not just me. They just can't seem to sell any of them anywhere.

Last edited:

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

The movie is pretty much what we Tropers call an "Idiot Plot". It could have been over within a 20 minute span had the characters not been complete and utter idiots. Because it's a high school themed work, remember: Adults have to be idiots.

CannonFodder

The movie is pretty much what we Tropers call an "Idiot Plot". It could have been over within a 20 minute span had the characters not been complete and utter idiots. Because it's a high school themed work, remember: Adults have to be idiots.
I knew there was a name for this trope! And now I know and knowing is half the battle.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

I knew there was a name for this trope! And now I know and knowing is half the battle.

I know, right?

I mean, idiot plots work best if it's a comedy (where it's funny BECAUSE they're idiots) or if it's a tragedy (See Romeo and Juliet).

Unfortunately Equestria Girls is neither so instead it just comes off as painful.

CannonFodder

Conker

Such movies are infuriating. I don't even like them in comedies.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

Such movies are infuriating. I don't even like them in comedies.

Nah it's sometimes kinda funny when it's a comedy.

Conker

Nah it's sometimes kinda funny when it's a comedy.
Maybe. I know there were a few Seinfeld episodes where the plots advanced because "everyone is stupid today" and those pissed me off right well. There's sometimes a certain level of "they are too stupid to be funny"