• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

I've got myself some Equestria Girls, a bumload of rum and 2 40s. Tonight will be ... fun?

I think I'll enjoy EG enough but my hopes aren't too high.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

I've got myself some Equestria Girls, a bumload of rum and 2 40s. Tonight will be ... fun?

I think I'll enjoy EG enough but my hopes aren't too high.
Want to know a drinking game that will have you dead in a second?

Take a shot every time something extends the movie for no other purpose than to fill the time. The basic plot is okay, but for all the time on screen there's only about like fifteen minutes that are actually important. Viewing it for the first time it's okay, but more than that? You're going to fall asleep.

My honest rating of it: Meh movie, worth a one view rental.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

My feelings on Equeastria Grils are: It's like a mediocre episode of PONES, but an hour and a half long.
I'd lower it a few notches below "mediocre" and they took out all the ponies :(

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

No guys, seriously, the first and last few minutes are good!
Just skip the part on the other side of the portal.

CannonFodder

No guys, seriously, the first and last few minutes are good!
Just skip the part on the other side of the portal.
D'ohoho that's a burn.

Vukasin

Man, fuck you guys. I thought the movie was fun :c

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

At no point do I claim you shouldn't.

CannonFodder

Man, fuck you guys. I thought the movie was fun :c
I didn't say it wasn't. I said the problem with it is that most of screen time is for the sole purpose of filling the time. It's like what Benignbiotic said it's like someone took a episode and stretched it to 72 minutes. The whole time I was wondering why Twilight didn't just grow a brain and steal the crown back. If you like it okay, but me personally I don't like the movie, even though it's okay because the reason why the movie is 72 minutes long is because everyone got hit with the idiot stick.

PastryOfApathy

I've recently had an epiphany, I hate this fucking show. I can no longer find joy in anything MLP-related anymore. I said I would never let bronies ruin my enjoyment of something but I think they finally got to me. Man fuck bronies.

CannonFodder

I've recently had an epiphany, I hate this fucking show. I can no longer find joy in anything MLP-related anymore. I said I would never let bronies ruin my enjoyment of something but I think they finally got to me. Man fuck bronies.
Yeah, okay.

Me personally I like the fan works far too much to leave, and I still enjoy the show.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Personally, I can never eat another donut after watching some fat ugly guy eat one.

CannonFodder

Personally, I can never eat another donut after watching some fat ugly guy eat one.
"Hey Church, ever wonder why we're here?"
"You know, Caboose, I used to not care. I just went along with orders and hoped that everything would work out for me. But after all that has happened, you know what I learned? It's not about hating the guy on the other side because someone told you to. I mean, you should hate someone because they're an asshole, or pervert, or snob, or they're lazy, or arrogant, or an idiot, or a know-it-all. Those are reasons to dislike somebody. You don't hate a person because someone told you to. You have to learn to despise them on a personal level. Not because they're Red, or Blue, but because you know them, and you see them every single day, and you can't stand them because they are a complete and total fucking douche bag."
"...I meant why are we up here in the sun when we could be standing down there in the shade."
"Oh. Yeah, okay. Let's go stand in the shade."

Me personally the people I hate in this fandom is that self righteous asshole that thinks everyone that disagrees with them is discriminatory and goes around throwing a god damn temper tantrum setting their fans as attack dogs on everyone and attacks everyone for not using the right gender pronoun even when it's slang terminology like how "dude" now refers to both sexes, or how they go after other artists and threaten to ban them, or how they've maxed out the number of people to report to get banned, or how they're so much of a god damn asshole in real life that at least a hundred thousand people want to break their computer to stop them from being such a god damn asshole to everyone. That's a reason to hate someone.
Also hating someone cause they threatened to bomb an artist's house simply for their artwork being the header for a popular site is a reason to hate someone.
Also hating someone for the fact that the person is such a god damn asshole that they organize raids, DOX the writter, and run them off from the thing they love to the point you make their life a living hell against fanfic writters for a fanfic universe when all the writter wants to do is write and accidentally breaks the lore for the series that's a reason to hate someone.

You don't hate someone just cause they're fat or ugly or smell bad or cause they watch a show for little girls or cause they like talking cartoon animals or they like a bland overpopularized fps or cause they are a overly effeminate pop singer, you hate them cause of them as a person.

Oh god, did you attend a brony con? D:

PastryOfApathy

Oh god, did you attend a brony con? D:

Oh hell no, I'd rather kill myself than attend one of those awful Spaghetti-cons. I think the overwhelming retardation coming from bronies finally got to me I guess.

Vukasin

At no point do I claim you shouldn't.
If you like it okay, but me personally I don't like the movie, even though it's okay because the reason why the movie is 72 minutes long is because everyone got hit with the idiot stick.
I feel like you guys read my post in a way I didn't intend. It must be because I forgot the ":V" face.

Oh hell no, I'd rather kill myself than attend one of those awful Spaghetti-cons. I think the overwhelming retardation coming from bronies finally got to me I guess.
The cons are a lot different that you think. I went to bronycon last year and I saw hardly any spaghetti at all.

CannonFodder

You know with all this talk of Equestria girls and the movie that raises a question, when you do think we're going to get a actual FIM movie? Obviously not next year cause equestria girls just came out, maybe the year after?

The cons are a lot different that you think. I went to bronycon last year and I saw hardly any spaghetti at all.
Mamma mia, you a make luigi sad.

Vukasin

You know with all this talk of Equestria girls and the movie that raises a question, when you do think we're going to get a actual FIM movie? Obviously not next year cause equestria girls just came out, maybe the year after?
I guess it depends on how things go up until that point. If Hasbro thinks it could make some money off of one, then maybe. Who knows what the scene will look like that long down the road though.

The fact that Equestria Girls pretty much flopped might make it harder for them to say yes to another movie, though.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

I guess it depends on how things go up until that point. If Hasbro thinks it could make some money off of one, then maybe. Who knows what the scene will look like that long down the road though.

The fact that Equestria Girls pretty much flopped might make it harder for them to say yes to another movie, though.
I wonder how you define a movie like that in terms of floppage. CF is saying his stores aren't selling the dolls, but that's an anecdotal thing there. I wonder how this en devour is really going.

I will say, the showtunes to the movie were all pretty decent. Specially the "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" one. Can't recall if I said that or not, but fuck that song is catchy. Lyrically stupid and contextually awful, but a good song other than that :V

CannonFodder

Equestria girls is a semi-flop. The ticket sales are okay and the dvd sales are okay, but the toy and merchandise sales are in the toilet. The franchise is both selling okay and at the same selling terribly, but as a whole it's barely scrapping over financially.
I wonder how you define a movie like that in terms of floppage. CF is saying his stores aren't selling the dolls, but that's an anecdotal thing there. I wonder how this en devour is really going.
Short answer: They're doing fucking terrible and that's not just my store. I'm working part time for walmart right now and they're doing so fucking terrible that walmart has stopped ordering them to try and get rid of the stores having so much overstock of them. It's not just us they're so much overstock of the god damn toys that they're rivaling on being everywhere as how AOL used to mail out their cd's level of "oh my god, why the hell can't we get rid of these".

There's flipping shelves of overstock of the toys in stores, and by god is it annoying and yes my jimmies are rustled cause the other day the fucking thing fell down and we had to reshelve the fricking toys. DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE TO REBIN HUNDREDS OF TOYS ? That took fucking forever. I may dislike EQG but for the love of god someone anyone buy the toys!

Right now being on binning duty for a store that sells these toys is literally hell. Not metaphorically, I mean a literal hell cause keeping these things in order is so god damn difficult that even the stoners, lazy workers who half the time show up, the people who show up with hangovers, the people who spend their worktime texting all show up to work not high, on time, not hungover and cellphones off. The reason is cause there's so many of these fucking things that even the tinniest little mistake will fuck up the work you did. By the time you're done you're going to have the scanner's constant beeping playing inside your head. Want to listen to music? Fuck that, all you're going to be hearing is the beeping of the scanner inside your head. Want to want a movie? All you're going to be hearing is the beeping. Listening to someone? All you're going to be hearing is the beeping.

Being on binning duty is the deepest form of hell there is and may god have mercy on your soul if you sign up to work for walmart and they stick you on binning the toy section.

If you're asking, "well why don't they just ship it to another store?" it's cause they can't find another store that doesn't have overstock of these fucking things.

TL: DR; For the love of god someone on this thread buy at least one of these Equestria girls toys for the sake of walmart employees' sanity everywhere.

Last edited:

Vukasin

Equestria girls is a semi-flop. The ticket sales are okay and the dvd sales are okay, but the toy and merchandise sales are in the toilet. The franchise is both selling okay and at the same selling terribly, but as a whole it's barely scrapping over financially.
I was under the impression that tickets didn't do that well. Guess I got some wrong information. Do you have a source or anything for those sales?

CannonFodder

I was under the impression that tickets didn't do that well. Guess I got some wrong information. Do you have a source or anything for those sales?
Wait. . Nope, nope. I was wrong, that was just the first weekend showing. The initial airing did better than expected and the yahoo news report on equestria girls was dated back to the first week it came out.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.

A few days ago, close to Lafayette, Louisiana, I saw a mother in at a wallmart cashier buy a MLP toy. I was like omg I completely forgot about MLP. It was a Princess Twilight Sparkle.

I made a sadface.

I can't even remember finishing whatever season was the last one. I think I started watching a bit of season three, then dropped it. I don't know, I'm not as much into the new stuff anymore. I'm more likely to rewatch season one and two, if anything. But also the fanarts. I love me my Luna <3

CannonFodder

A few days ago, close to Lafayette, Louisiana, I saw a mother in at a wallmart cashier buy a MLP toy. I was like omg I completely forgot about MLP. It was a Princess Twilight Sparkle.

I made a sadface.

I can't even remember finishing whatever season was the last one. I think I started watching a bit of season three, then dropped it. I don't know, I'm not as much into the new stuff anymore. I'm more likely to rewatch season one and two, if anything. But also the fanarts. I love me my Luna <3
Wait. . wait. . You're in Lafayette, Louisiana? You're only a hour away.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.

Wait. . wait. . You're in Lafayette, Louisiana? You're only a hour away.
Sorry CF, I was there about a week ago. Holidaying, yanno. Family flew to Dallas, we got an RV and went from Dallas, to Shreveport, to Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Port Charles, Beaumont, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Waco, and back to Dallas. Well technically I'm in Fort Worth right now, the last day in an RV before we check into a downtown Dallas hotel for two nights to finish up our trip.
If I ever come down South of my own accord, I'll be sure to visit next time, hun ;3
With the risk of it sounding very fangasmic, I'd love to pick your brain.