• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

PastryOfApathy

Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

My cousin kinda wishes Derpy dropped out of canon.

She and her husband still get creepmail saying terrible things about Derpy that's intended for her sister in-law/husband's sister or shaming her for "killing Derpy".

So your cousin's sister-in-law is Yamino?

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Today I learned why there's no popular fallout equestria fanfic that takes place years after the original. The quality of the lore takes a utter shitdive. I'm going to spare you the long explanation and give you two words that describe how terrible the fanfics that take place after fallout equestria are: Pony hitler.

I'm not even joking. The reason why any and all popular FoE fanfics take place before the orignal FoE ends is that almost all of the ones that take place after are complete and utter shit. The pony version of hitler is part of the lore too, it's kkat approved too. I like FoE, Pink Eyes, PH and that fine, but what the hell were people even thinking introducing pony hitler to the lore? I'm being totally serious too. Ask any fan of FoE about the, "pegasus death camps" and they'll go on the longest fucking tangent about how it's the greatest idea ever in the lore and how it's a masterpiece of writing and how they think english masterpieces like Macbeth, the great gatsby, and such pale in comparison to their fanfics about pony hitler.
[YT]BNsrK6P9QvI[/YT]

I like FoE, PH and such and think they're okay, but I have never seen a fictional story universe take a utter shitdive in quality so fast. Not even the words in a movie, "directed by michael bay" compares to such a utter shitdive in quality. I say the fandom calls the main fanfics canon to the lore and completely disregards everything else cause damn my eyes are bleeding from what I've just read.

Aggybyte

has an obvious hypno fetish

Hey everyone I can make the first episode of mlp sound like the worst movie ever. The Twilight Saga: Nightmare Moon.

Khador

The Green Tiger

My friends introduced me to MLP the other day know its late but its pretty cool :D

CannonFodder

My friends introduced me to MLP the other day know its late but its pretty cool :D
Welcome aboard.
wat the fuck is pony hitler?
Have you ever heard of the fanfic fallout equestria? Well it's a okay fanfic and I personally like it. It got so popular people made fanfics based off it. Basically fallout with ponies. Short version the heroine is in the wasteland, meets friends, two enemy factions, they get defeated she wins end of story. The problem is that crappy writers didn't like how the fanfiction story has a definite ending and went, "Heroine saves the day? Nope, pony version of hitler comes about so that my super powerful oc sparkle alicorn can save the day!"

Tl:dr; Several good writers made okay stories based on fallout with ponies -> Crap writers decide to make their own fanfics to live out their hero fantasies and make a pony version of hitler in their fanfics to continue the universe when the story had already ended so that they can insert their mary sue characters to save the day.

I may like the core fanfics, but the extended universe needs to be taken out back and shot cause damn they are utter shit.

CannonFodder

Hyperbole mixed with Godwin's Law.
I'm not actually exaggerating this time. Part of FoE's lore is that after littlepip goes into the SPP the enclave has a civil war, and that littlepip only intervenes in it after a enclave faction begins death camps as a "final solution"(not joking) and it's even accidentally referred to by FoE sidefic writers as "the holocaust". It's even called "the holocaust" by FoE fans on a regular basis, and the people who originally came up with this idea even admit they got the idea from the holocaust.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Last edited:

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

So your cousin's sister-in-law is Yamino?

No, she was the writer of the episode where Ha$bro said "NONONO! Change Ditzy into Derpy!"

CannonFodder

No, she was the writer of the episode where Ha$bro said "NONONO! Change Ditzy into Derpy!"
I call bullshit here. The chances of you directly being related to or directly knowing one of the staff members at studio b is literally less than the chances of you winning your state lottery. It would have been more believable if you said you knew the president.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

I'm not actually exaggerating this time. Part of FoE's lore is that after littlepip goes into the SPP the enclave has a civil war, and that littlepip only intervenes in it after a enclave faction begins death camps as a "final solution"(not joking) and it's even accidentally referred to by FoE sidefic writers as "the holocaust". It's even called "the holocaust" by FoE fans on a regular basis, and the people who originally came up with this idea even admit they got the idea from the holocaust.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?
I dunno. They wrote a story and used something from reality in it. I guess I don't see a problem there. I'd be more upset if it was promoting ideals like "the holocaust needed to happen because fuck earth ponies" or something stupid like that.

CannonFodder

I'd be more upset if it was promoting ideals like "the holocaust needed to happen because fuck earth ponies" or something stupid like that.
. . . Then I probably shouldn't finish this sentence.

Also have a animation-
[YT]v4zOBCJ2l7s[/YT]

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

. . . Then I probably shouldn't finish this sentence.

Also have a animation-
I like how I know that was Flimflam before the talking began.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

I call bullshit here. The chances of you directly being related to or directly knowing one of the staff members at studio b is literally less than the chances of you winning your state lottery. It would have been more believable if you said you knew the president.

You are actually half right.

I am not directly related to Amy Keating Rogers. (No point hiding her identity... everyone knows it's her.) My cousin is also not directly related to her either - she is only related by marriage. Because her husband happens to be Amy Keating Rogers's brother who teaches film in San Antonio.

CannonFodder

You are actually half right.

I am not directly related to Amy Keating Rogers. (No point hiding her identity... everyone knows it's her.) My cousin is also not directly related to her either - she is only related by marriage. Because her husband happens to be Amy Keating Rogers's brother who teaches film in San Antonio.
No offense, but considering that millions of people claim to work for studio b or know someone that works for studio b even uzumaki naruto wouldn't believe it.

CannonFodder

Okay, I laughed pretty hard at this:
http://bronymate.com/
It's not even another dating site with the word, "brony" plastered on it in a desperate attempt to gain popularity. It's a 100% legit "we intentionally went out of our way to make this" site. The last site like this was just another dating site with a search filter on it.

Last edited:

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light

It's not even another dating site with the word, "brony" plastered on it in a desperate attempt to gain popularity. It's a 100% legit "we intentionally went out of our way to make this" site. The last site like this was just another dating site with a search filter on it.

I love it when /mlp/ jumps on this shit and floods it with a tidal wave of spaghetti-dripping profiles.

CannonFodder

So my octavia and vinyl scratch vinyl toys came in the mail today, and my niece visited today. It was cute cause she wanted to play with all the toys I have and her reaction to them was, "This one(octavia) and this one(vinyl scratch) are married. These two live next door and married too(lyra and bonbon). These two are married as well(derpy and doctor whooves)." It was cute cause by shear coincidence she lined up every most popular shipping pairs and she doesn't know of the fandom or shipping or anything of the sort, she just likes the show. The force is strong with this one.

Also apparently europe has a new cgi show coming out. I think no one will ever again be able to argue that mlp being a cartoon is a downside considering the alternative would be cgi like this:
[YT]Bv4NwK2BNXA[/YT]

LegitWaterfall

Forever done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Bv4NwK2BNXA
What the actual fuck is this monstrosity they call "entertainment"?

Jags

Shepherd of Fire

I wonder if who you ship Rainbow Dash with determines who they pair you with? It's the only logical way to determine a couple's compatibility after all.

Aleu

Deuces

I am so happy that my store sells MLP dolls but they always fuck up Rainbow Dash's eyes. They give her Fluttershy's eyes.
It looks so WEIRD

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

No offense, but considering that millions of people claim to work for studio b or know someone that works for studio b even uzumaki naruto wouldn't believe it.

I'll be honest - there's no point in any further discussion on this topic. I could have Amy Keating Rogers, Her older sister, her brother, her son, her husband, and my cousin in the room all holding up MLP Toys and the script to the episode(s) she wrote and you still would think "That's a photoshop". :p

Ah, I'm seeing people hoping Season 4 will have some romance in it. If that's the case, then I'd personally hope that the Season 4 Finale becomes the series finale. :p Romance has its way of taking over the show and all of a character.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

What the actual fuck is this monstrosity they call "entertainment"?

On behalf of all Europeans I would like to give my humble, sincere apologies for this.

It looks like one part sweatshop cgi and one part trying too hard.

CannonFodder

I love it when /mlp/ jumps on this shit and floods it with a tidal wave of spaghetti-dripping profiles.
You know for all the shit they get, /mlp/ is nowhere near the worst part of the fandom. They also make us laugh once in a while.
On behalf of all Europeans I would like to give my humble, sincere apologies for this.

It looks like one part sweatshop cgi and one part trying too hard.
Just think, imagine if mlp:fim was cgi instead?
Ah, I'm seeing people hoping Season 4 will have some romance in it. If that's the case, then I'd personally hope that the Season 4 Finale becomes the series finale. :p Romance has its way of taking over the show and all of a character.
*crosses fingers
Please be vinyl scratch x octavia, or lyra x bonbon. . . Hey don't look at me like that, it could happen one day in that hasbro is like disney when it comes to the topic of glbt. If you don't get what I mean both companies are ranked high on the equality index and such. What I mean by that is like how one of disney's shows is now featuring a lesbian couple and they don't give a fuck what soccer moms think. If mlp were to have a same-sex couple their toyline would be sold out completely. If anything a same-sex couple in mlp would be a good thing cause the show's purpose is to sell merchandise. If there was a same-sex couple in the show soccer moms would stop buying their kids the toys, BUT like with other shows that sell toys after featuring a same-sex couple their toy sales pierced the heavens.