• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff?

I am a Friendship is Magic fan, but I am not a brony and if anyone were to call me that to my face they would find my fist in theirs.

Okay...

Also that horrible vid CF posted reminds me of Winx club for some reason.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

I am a Friendship is Magic fan, but I am not a brony and if anyone were to call me that to my face they would find my fist in theirs.

Watch out everypony, we've got a badflank over here.

Vukasin

A brony is someone who watches My Little Pony but is outside of the intended target audience, so by definition you are one. It would be more accurate just to say don't engage yourself in the fandom or something.

Also, put away that tough guy attitude.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

PastryOfApathy

Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Whelp, I guess the rumors are true-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PbQEQa5d7...gNZQ/s1600/T2n9RGXrNaXXXXXXXX_!!907806781.jpg
If the rumors that all of the main six are going to be then the internet's going to EXPLODE michael bay style in drama.

I want this to happen so goddamn bad. I mean seeing as I have zero stake in the actual show anymore, the amount of drama this would cause would be absolutely amazing. Come on Hasbro, give me the chocolate...

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

ITT: ITG

Holy shit a post made of acronyms!

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PbQEQa5d7...gNZQ/s1600/T2n9RGXrNaXXXXXXXX_!!907806781.jpg
If the rumors that all of the main six are going to be then the internet's going to EXPLODE michael bay style in drama.

The fact that it's in some Asian langage should be an immediate warning flag.

*crosses fingers
Please be vinyl scratch x octavia, or lyra x bonbon. . . Hey don't look at me like that, it could happen one day in that hasbro is like disney when it comes to the topic of glbt. If you don't get what I mean both companies are ranked high on the equality index and such. What I mean by that is like how one of disney's shows is now featuring a lesbian couple and they don't give a fuck what soccer moms think. If mlp were to have a same-sex couple their toyline would be sold out completely. If anything a same-sex couple in mlp would be a good thing cause the show's purpose is to sell merchandise. If there was a same-sex couple in the show soccer moms would stop buying their kids the toys, BUT like with other shows that sell toys after featuring a same-sex couple their toy sales pierced the heavens.

Actually, if it's a set of background characters, that probably could work out.
See that's the thing with romance - when you inject romance into a series that had previously not had romance in it before, it.... kind of has a tendency to take over characters.

"Remember back when we used to talk about saving the world from starvation or learned about friendship?"
"Yeah?"
"I miss those days."
"Who says we ca-OH my goodness look at the time I have to meet Cardboard Cutout for a date!"
"OH my goodness! I promised Romeo Heartthrob I'd be on a date!"
"Quick, we need to make sure we work them into every conversation and how they're worked into every scene involving us."
"Indeed."

I'm not some anti-romantic person who thinks everyone shouldn't have romances - it's just hard to write a romance in these shows without it taking over a characters' personality.

Last edited:

Midnight Gear

Middypie or Midnight Gear

The "cheap (and failed) knockoff" chance is still too high for "guess the rumors are true"
Or are there any other reasons to believe all alicorn mane?

CannonFodder

The "cheap (and failed) knockoff" chance is still too high for "guess the rumors are true"
Or are there any other reasons to believe all alicorn mane?
Taobao is the chinese company that actually makes the toys you buy. It's also why you can buy toys before they even come out. The question is whether or not alicorn fluttershy is going to actually happen in the show, or if it's just a toy.
Actually, if it's a set of background characters, that probably could work out.
See that's the thing with romance - when you inject romance into a series that had previously not had romance in it before, it.... kind of has a tendency to take over characters.

"Remember back when we used to talk about saving the world from starvation or learned about friendship?"
"Yeah?"
"I miss those days."
"Who says we ca-OH my goodness look at the time I have to meet Cardboard Cutout for a date!"
"OH my goodness! I promised Romeo Heartthrob I'd be on a date!"
"Quick, we need to make sure we work them into every conversation and how they're worked into every scene involving us."
"Indeed."

I'm not some anti-romantic person who thinks everyone shouldn't have romances - it's just hard to write a romance in these shows without it taking over a characters' personality.
Which is why I think it could work out if it was two background characters. If octavia & vinyl, or lyra & bon bon were canonized as a couple you'd have to seriously search hard to find someone that actually would hate it. The reason why flash sentry and twilight weren't popular, and thank fucking christ it never went anywhere, is that the character was inserted for the sole purpose of fulfilling a romantic role.

If it's two already existing non-main six characters it could work.

It's also why cadance's popularity flopped compared to luna and celestia. Cadance and Shining armor were introduced to fulfill a romantic role. She's not unpopular, rather she and shining armor are nowhere near as popular as celestia and luna, and that's cause they were introduced to fulfill that role.

In order for a romance in the show to work it would have to be like what you said, background characters. Secondary characters would work too, but if the main six were to have a romantic relationship they would have to introduce it over the course of several seasons instead of just popping out. That would take serious work to try and make it work; knowing hasbro though they would want to just pop it out of nowhere and no matter what it's going to fizzle. The only exemptions is a relationship already existing or the main six with another one of the main six. Like rarity and spike would work(obviously spike would have to grow up first), the others just would not work cause it would take entire seasons to work.
I want this to happen so goddamn bad. I mean seeing as I have zero stake in the actual show anymore, the amount of drama this would cause would be absolutely amazing. Come on Hasbro, give me the chocolate...
I want it to happen too, even though I don't like alicorns, cause I want it to flop as well. Celestia? Flop in popularity(Luna is way more popular, even with kids). Cadance? Flop in popularity(Chrysalis is far more popular. That's pretty bad when the villain is far more popular than the character you were trying to introduce). If fluttershy becomes a princess too then yeah her popularity is going to flop. If everyone else in the main six becomes alicorns then yeah that's going to be a massive flop.

I want to see it happen just to see it flop. If the main six flop in popularity cause of them becoming alicorns then what are they going to do to make sure the show remains popular? If the main six are no longer popular then I'm going to be laughing all the way to the way to season 5. The reason why is hasbro has buttfucked themselves monetarily. With how much money they have invested in the show they HAVE to continue the show, but if the main six are no longer print money then what do they have left to continue the money train? If they end the show then it's gg hasbro. The most probable outcome is that they'll be forced to give more popular characters more air time. That's why I want to see it happen, to watch the fandom burn and watch as hasbro is forced to give the other characters a hell of a lot more screen time or let their franchise go toxic.

Tl:dr; I don't just want to see it happen just cause of the drama it will cause, but because they'll accidentally make the main six soo unpopular that it will force hasbro to give them more screen time to other characters.

CannonFodder

*edt
So apparently the season 4 opener was leaked. . .
[YT]O5zGkqAWsWE[/YT]
It's "Spike at your service" bad.

The good news: The rest of the main six are NOT becoming princesses or alicorns. The rest of the main six are not butchered. It's otherwise a pretty decent episode.
The bad news: Twilight and Celestia get SUPER butchered. Everything else is fine though.

If you are one of those people debating whether or not to leave the fandom or you're a fan of Twilight or Celestia don't watch it; just skip to the next episode cause the opener goes EXACTLY how you think it is.

Last edited:

Saga

absolutely disgusting

Leon

Hot sammiches and cold beer.

I hope the rest of season 4 goes good if you say the opener is bad, and twilight gets tweaked a bit, I hate the whole "she's somehow an alicorn suddenly with no explanation." bullshit.

Vukasin

I hate the whole "she's somehow an alicorn suddenly with no explanation." bullshit.
What do you mean? It's been leading up to it ever since the very first episode. Sure, it was a little rushed, but it's definitely not out of left field or anything.

CannonFodder

I hope the rest of season 4 goes good if you say the opener is bad, and twilight gets tweaked a bit, I hate the whole "she's somehow an alicorn suddenly with no explanation." bullshit.
Err. . about that. . I'll spare you the long explanation. It's a rehash of the season 1 opener. This time, instead of Celestia being afk to have twilight learn about friendship, Celestia and Luna are afk so that Twilight learns about "being a princess" and all that, but in reality it's a rehash of Lesson Zero's moral. Luna didn't get butchered though, cause the flashback was actually kind of cool. Celestia got hella butchered cause if Equestria was real you would probably start hitting the shit out of her going, "HOW *punch* THE *punch* FUCK *punch* WAS *punch* SOMEONE *punch* AS STUPID *punch* AS YOU *punch* THE RULER *punch* OF A *punch* NATION *punch* FOR A *punch* THOUSAND YEARS? *FALCON PAUNCH!*"

In short: Rehash of season 1 episodes one and two, with Lesson Zero's moral. It's a decent episode, but you're going to want to choke Twilight and Celestia after it.

If you took out Twilight and Celestia it would have been a pretty decent opener actually.

Last edited:

Leon

Hot sammiches and cold beer.

In short: Rehash of season 1 episodes one and two, with Lesson Zero's moral. It's a decent episode, but you're going to want to choke Twilight and Celestia after it.

Haha, I wanted to do that at the season 3 finale, but I'm just hoping their characters get fixed during the season, and I kinda like how celestia is the perfect troll/horrible leader. I get many laughs from it.

Sketchy-Mouse

The bad news: Twilight and Celestia get SUPER butchered. Everything else is fine though.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're getting at.
How Did Twilight and Celestia get butchered? We barely know anything about it, and the premise doesn't seem to indicate any of that

CannonFodder

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're getting at.
How Did Twilight and Celestia get butchered? We barely know anything about it, and the premise doesn't seem to indicate any of that
To make a extremely short summary Celestia gets butchered in that trollestia is all but confirmed, cause the entire time during the episode she was gone so that Twilight would learn a lesson. Celestia gets butchered in this regard in that not caring about endangering a entire nation just so your pupil can learn a moral lesson is a extremely bad moral lesson. With nightmare moon Celestia at least realized that Twilight and here friends were the only ones that could save her sister. Here it's just fucking terrible cause of how forced it is. With the dragon in season 1 that was a bad idea in that Celestia dealt with a dragon by sending her pupil, who could have gotten eaten. Here it's worse in that not only did she endanger Twilight and her friend's lives, but she endangered all of equestria's lives. If Equestria and Celestia were real then Celestia would be executed for treason under criminal neglect. What is worse is that how the elements of harmony disappear makes me want to slap the shit out of Celestia.

Twilight gets hella butchered in that the whole episode revolves around her learning how to be a princess. While the premise is good, the execution is terrible. Criminally neglecting a entire nation just so your graduated pupil can learn how to deal with being a ruler of a nation is fucking terrible premise. Not to mention that Twilight has already learned that exact lesson of balancing responsibilities back in lesson zero and that while Twilight in Lesson Zero endangered a town to fulfill her role as a student, Celestia on the other hand endangered a entire nation to fulfill her role as a mentor.

The reason why the episode is so fucking terrible is that the moral lesson is that it's okay to endanger other people's lives(not even fucking kidding her) just to teach a person a moral lesson. There is barely even a moral in the episode like how they used to have them.

The entire moral in a nutshell, "Thanks Princess Celestia for endangering millions of lives to teach me to not get overburdened with responsibility when I have already learned this lesson two seasons ago". . . Also I'm just going to spoiler this cause it's totally fucking obvious, Celestia talked Luna into thinking her plan was good so that's where they are. They are afk cause Celestia thought her plan was a good idea.

That is why the two episodes are bad, cause Celestia and Twilight become toxic characters in that chances are half of the fandom after the episodes air are just going to outright quit the fandom outright. It is literally objectively THE WORST episode in that if someone does like the underlying story(not the side stuff, some of it is actually cool) they should feel bad as a person for liking it and I literally feel dirty(not in the sexual way) for having partially liked the episode. If you remove Twilight and Celestia from the episode it's actually pretty good, and some of the season 3 finale rumors are actually true(not saying which, cause I shat a brix when one thing happened and then jumped for joy); however the parts with Twilight Sparkle and Celestia are an Uwe Boll movie level bad. Nothing on this physical earth, the afterlife, parallel universes, alternate realities could possibly redeem Twilight after this episode. When you eventually watch it then if you still like Twilight Sparkle or Celestia after it you should feel bad as a person.

Last edited:

CannonFodder

Just to be clear, you're talking about the season 4 opener, right?
Yes. In the next few days when the internet inevitably puts it on youtube or such, prepare for a MASSIVE disappointment.
The tolerance is weak in the above conversation.
I'm trying my best god damn it, but it's getting the actual ending of ghosts and goblins level of difficult to like the new episode.

I'm going to sign out for the night and contemplate my life and where I went wrong.

Sketchy-Mouse

Ok, I'll ask you another question. Have you somehow managed to see this episode before the rest of us? Because you can't make an assessment like that after only reading a somewhat vague paragraph of the premise. How can you even call something "literally objectively THE WORST episode" ever, without having ever seen it?

Here is what we know so far:
-Twilight is learning how to balance her new responsibilities as a princess
- Princess Luna and Princess Celestia are missing for reasons unknown
- A new enemy probably has something to do with it
- The origins of the Elements of Harmony are involved somehow

Nowhere in there states that Celestia has abandoned her posts to teach Twilight a lesson. Nowhere in there even implies half of the things you're complaining about. Maybe the episode will be shit, or maybe it will be amazing, but going off on a long winded rant about your perceived problems with an episode that you have yet to see really doesn't make any sense.