• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

PastryOfApathy

Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Did you sign up JUST to post that?

I smell a sock-puppet

Wait hold on, are you saying someone would just lie on the internet to boost their self-esteem!?! These are serious, and quite frankly outrageous accusations you're throwing around here.

Aleu

Deuces
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Wait hold on, are you saying someone would just lie on the internet to boost their self-esteem!?! These are serious, and quite frankly outrageous accusations you're throwing around here.
Well I am a serious and, quite frankly, outrageous person...so there.

Sketchy-Mouse

Did you sign up JUST to post that?

I smell a sock-puppet

Wasn't me. I might be having an argument on a furry forum, but I'm not that pathetic, yet

You know people can get in a ton of trouble for leaking stuff like this right?

What you're basically saying is, "because I didn't see it, it didn't happen".
Stop that.

Again, leaks have happened several times in the fandom. There were no lawsuits being tossed around, or anything of that matter. But within hours, everyone in the fandom knew about it. He even said that he got the leak from "the guy that leaked EQG" which I'd love to know what he means by that. Is he talking about someone who recorded the movie in the theater? Because there were about several people that did that. And the revelation of EQD came from a company magazine of some sorts. Considering that he is the only person in any site I've seen to have even mentioned a leak (I've checked), all evidence points to him being full of shit.

Honestly I'm getting the sense that we're all getting rused here, and he's probably amused that people here are gullible to belive him, and that someone is typing all this shit up to argue against him.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Can we just say the sky is falling (again) and be done with it?

Mr. Swagg

Your skills in deductive reasoning are remarkable.
Let me rephrase what I said:

Note that Cannon only talks about Twilight and Celestia. The information he uses is within the information we've gotten from the premise. To make his argument, he doesn't really need to see the opener. He only needed the information from the premise.

And even if he did in fact see the opener, I think that he is blowing this thing extremely out of proportion.

I still don't see his reasoning behind Celestia "endangering everyone's lives." If she really is, then who or what is the supposed threat that would exist after Celestia and Luna give their position to another princess?

One more thing, Cannon. Remember: This is a kids show we're talking about. Not only that, but it's also a cartoon. Don't think of it as realistic, because...it's not. It can be unrealistic and break the barriers of what is existent and what is non-existent.

Last edited:

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light

ow my pancreas

[yt]vs92C0Kalp8[/yt]

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

With regards to what this thing is.... I'll have to wait until I see it myself.

I'm pretty hard to disappoint - I wasn't even disappointed with Equestria Girls. :p Though to be fair, with that, I was expecting trash, and got trash.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

Here's a animation:
[YT]ryCk5dS2ulM[/YT]

I have a sudden urge to eat healthy for some reason.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Leon

Hot sammiches and cold beer.

CannonFodder

And you would be right
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181220079

Oh boy here comes the drama train.
To make a long story short kkat, author of fallout equestria, stated that no side fics or fanfics in the FoE universe are actually canon to FoE. People are not happy, not happy at all. Like ragequit the fandom levels of not happy.

Last edited:

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

And you would be right
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181220079

To make a long story short kkat, author of fallout equestria, stated that no side fics or fanfics in the FoE universe are actually canon to FoE. People are not happy, not happy at all. Like ragequit the fandom levels of not happy.
That's hilarious for two reasons:

1) Fallout Equestria isn't canon to the regular show, so talks of continuity are already silly
2) Of course he doesn't think the fanfics based on his fanfics are canon. Why would he?

Stupid bronies can fuck off and die.

Vukasin

That's incredibly stupid.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

I have discovered your problem after having been able to replicate it in the lab.

Fallout Equestria Community.

That's the problem.

Wakboth

That's hilarious for two reasons:

1) Fallout Equestria isn't canon to the regular show, so talks of continuity are already silly
2) Of course he doesn't think the fanfics based on his fanfics are canon. Why would he?
Yeah. Why would he want to shackle himself to other people's fics? That would be just silly. All in all, a proper tempest in a teacup.

CannonFodder

Yeah. Why would he want to shackle himself to other people's fics? That would be just silly. All in all, a proper tempest in a teacup.
Man, it's still going on too.

I like some of the fallout equestria fanfics and that, but why is it so hard for people to understand that FoE isn't canon? The sad thing is that what is going on in the FoE community right now summarized is that the community built up such a massive lore extending millions of words long and built up such a fictional world that now that kkat went, "Yeah it's not canon" it's gut punched all of the lore. I may thought the original fallout equestria was average, but I have to give major props here to kkat for saying that they realize it's not canon even though tens of thousands of people are mad at her for saying so. That takes some balls to actively piss off your fanbase to speak reason.

Hell I've had page long arguments against people trying to claim that FoE is canon and using the logic of, "well the lore says" or people saying that I have to read 57 pages worth of lore to continue talking about it when all I asked was a simple question.

+1 respect to kkat

If I had to summarize why the FoE community makes so many terribad fanfics versus the number of actually good fanfics is that the people who make FoE fanfics fall into two categories-
A)Durr hurr I know the lore so I gud writer and make alicorn princess to save the days from the evil villain
B)Hey I like this story universe, it's kind of cool

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

This is newish I think

[yt]-Z7UnO66q9w[/yt]

I don't. I just don't...

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way

I can't wait for season four.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

This is newish I think

[yt]-Z7UnO66q9w[/yt]

I don't. I just don't...

That was pretty badass. Rarity's character and Pinkie's were dead on.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

Man, it's still going on too.

I like some of the fallout equestria fanfics and that, but why is it so hard for people to understand that FoE isn't canon? The sad thing is that what is going on in the FoE community right now summarized is that the community built up such a massive lore extending millions of words long and built up such a fictional world that now that kkat went, "Yeah it's not canon" it's gut punched all of the lore. I may thought the original fallout equestria was average, but I have to give major props here to kkat for saying that they realize it's not canon even though tens of thousands of people are mad at her for saying so. That takes some balls to actively piss off your fanbase to speak reason.

Hell I've had page long arguments against people trying to claim that FoE is canon and using the logic of, "well the lore says" or people saying that I have to read 57 pages worth of lore to continue talking about it when all I asked was a simple question.

+1 respect to kkat

If I had to summarize why the FoE community makes so many terribad fanfics versus the number of actually good fanfics is that the people who make FoE fanfics fall into two categories-
A)Durr hurr I know the lore so I gud writer and make alicorn princess to save the days from the evil villain
B)Hey I like this story universe, it's kind of cool

Why is it so hard for people to understand that FoE isn't canon?

Easy: Grimderp.

CannonFodder

Why is it so hard for people to understand that FoE isn't canon?

Easy: Grimderp.
Wow, they are actually ragequiting the fandom. I'm not joking either. I thought it was just a empty threat, but the FoE community really is legitimately having ragequits cause of the fact it's officially not canon. This is kind of sad and funny. It sucks for the writers and that, cause a lot of writers are taking it calmly, but their editors and stuff are leaving and leaving the writers up the creek without a paddle. It's kind of funny.

Not in the, "HAHAHAHA I'm dying sense" so much as a "Wow, you're actually leaving the brony fandom cause your fanfic isn't canon?" sort of funny.

If you currently are reading a fallout equestria fanfic and it all of a sudden recently got canceled or the editing team suddenly changed now you know why. Talk about a proper shitstorm in a teacup.