• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Wow, they are actually ragequiting the fandom. I'm not joking either. I thought it was just a empty threat, but the FoE community really is legitimately having ragequits cause of the fact it's officially not canon. This is kind of sad and funny. It sucks for the writers and that, cause a lot of writers are taking it calmly, but their editors and stuff are leaving and leaving the writers up the creek without a paddle. It's kind of funny.

Not in the, "HAHAHAHA I'm dying sense" so much as a "Wow, you're actually leaving the brony fandom cause your fanfic isn't canon?" sort of funny.

If you currently are reading a fallout equestria fanfic and it all of a sudden recently got canceled or the editing team suddenly changed now you know why. Talk about a proper shitstorm in a teacup.
The stupidity in the borny community isn't what surprised me here; what surprised me is that the fanfics and fanfic writers have their own editing team.

I'm scared.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Wow, they are actually ragequiting the fandom. I'm not joking either. I thought it was just a empty threat, but the FoE community really is legitimately having ragequits cause of the fact it's officially not canon. This is kind of sad and funny. It sucks for the writers and that, cause a lot of writers are taking it calmly, but their editors and stuff are leaving and leaving the writers up the creek without a paddle. It's kind of funny.

Not in the, "HAHAHAHA I'm dying sense" so much as a "Wow, you're actually leaving the brony fandom cause your fanfic isn't canon?" sort of funny.

If you currently are reading a fallout equestria fanfic and it all of a sudden recently got canceled or the editing team suddenly changed now you know why. Talk about a proper shitstorm in a teacup.

No wait, let me get this straight. They are quitting the entire fandom because their fanfics of a fanfic aren't canon to that fanfic?
I... I don't even have anything to compare that to. It's one thing to say "Well, fuck you and your stupid fanfic then!", but this?

Well, good riddance.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

No wait, let me get this straight. They are quitting the entire fandom because their fanfics of a fanfic aren't canon to that fanfic?
I... I don't even have anything to compare that to. It's one thing to say "Well, fuck you and your stupid fanfic then!", but this?

Well, good riddance.
Correction; they're quitting the entire fandom because their fanfics of a fanfic aren't canon to the franchise it's based off of.

Yeah, good riddance to them.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Correction; they're quitting the entire fandom because their fanfics of a fanfic aren't canon to the franchise it's based off of.

And they only just figured this out?

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

You do know that those people are usually the butts of jokes to even BRINOs, right?

CannonFodder

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: The FoE extended lore is so contrived and has been retconned so much to keep it in line with canon that any logical flaws in it or any contradictions to mlp canon are automatically argued by someone going, "the lore says". The basic FoE extended lore summarized is 58 pages long. The unabridged extended lore for FoE is several thousand pages.

The reason why is that rather than realize fanfics are for entertainment and admitting there's logical flaws in the story they extend the lore to close any logical holes in the extended lore. So now that actually have to deal with arguments poking holes in the lore they can no longer go, "well the lore says".

The single biggest logical hole in the extended FoE lore is the original Fallout Equestria's epilogue and that after fallout equestria is over the war is over and peace is restored to the wasteland. So that these people can keep their fanfics in line with canon they ignore fallout equestria's epilogue completely and that by kkat saying that FoE isn't canon to mlp and that no other FoE fanfic isn't canon to the original FoE that completely voids the extended lore thus voiding their fanfics which pissed the fans off.

The reason why the shitstorm is so bad within the FoE community right now is that the people quitting to make it short have no lives. The extended explanation is that since the now void extended FoE lore is several thousand pages long they spent that much time and energy into learning everything about the extended lore and built it up as some infallible fanfic universe. Now that the extended lore is void all that time they spent learning every little thing about the fanfic universe is now void as well.

To make a visual analogy to what just happened is that imagined if someone built a upside down pyramid all resting on one brick of their logic saying that, "Fallout Equestria is canon to mlp", now imagine if someone kicked out that brick. The entire fallout equestria lore is crumbling and I'm laughing at them.

The reason why I'm laughing at them is that within the FoE community ever since I joined it I've been the black sheep of the community. Ever since I joined the community since day one I've been very vocal about going, "Guys it's a fanfic, it's not canon" and the response for the year and a half by the community has been, "Shut your fucking mouth! FoE is canon to mlp you idiot! How dare you say it's not canon" and them constantly trying to shut me up. The thread on a popular fallout equestria forum all I did after kkat said FoE wasn't canon was post a quote and a title of "told you". . It maxed out on posts in a day.

I'm laughing at their stupidity and how I'm having the last laugh.

Tl:dr; Yes and they just realized they wasted years of their life trying to make the FoE lore so contrived that no one could argue against them and now that it's void they have to actually present argument points in a understandable manner rather than just outnerd and outcontrive the person.

Last edited:

Kkat

Except no.

The fact that Fallout: Equestria side stories are not canon isn’t a recent or surprising revelation. I’ve been telling this to everyone who asks my permission to write a side story (which they don’t have to, but still do out of respect) for the last two years. I’ve only seen two people amongst the fans who have actually had a complaint about that, and both of those were over a year ago.

I’m active on the three largest hubs of the Fallout: Equestria community, and there hasn’t been a single recent person complaining, much less leaving the fandom, over canon. It is widely accepted that side stories aren’t canon to the original or to each other, and that the original -- as much as it strived to be faithful to what had aired at the time -- isn’t canon to the show. (We’ve even had fun discussions about which post-FoE episode marked the clear break between FoE’s reality and the continuously-evolving one of the show.) In fact, while CannonFodder was crying the end of the community, Fallout Equestria has been enjoying a surge. The first episode of the radio play recently aired. The FoE writers’ forum on FIMfiction broke 1000 members. The RPG development is impressive, with several new online games starting up. The state of the community is strong.

I don't doubt that it’s possible he may have stumbled across one or two who did. But whatever isolated case(s) he is trying to construe as a community-shaking event… just isn’t.

Last edited:

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.

Friendship is manly and looks awesome :3

CannonFodder

I didn't know you had a faf.

I must have stumbled across a den of idiocy then, cause christ on a cracker some people just don't know how to take their fanfic not being canon politely. . no wait wrong word, calmly.
Btw the FoE community plays nice on fimfiction cause you're there. They don't elsewhere.
"Red Eye would have saved the wastes"
"No he wouldn't he was just a idiot mary sue played up as great leader"
"Fuck you bro, he was a great speaker and was a great character"
"No fuck you"
"Fuck you"
"Get a room you two"
and then they fucked.

Last edited:

PastryOfApathy

I didn't know you had a faf.

I must have stumbled across a den of idiocy then, cause christ on a cracker some people just don't know how to take their fanfic not being canon politely. . no wait wrong word, calmly.
Btw the FoE community plays nice on fimfiction cause you're there. They don't elsewhere.
"Red Eye would have saved the wastes"
"No he wouldn't he was just a idiot mary sue played up as great leader"
"Fuck you bro, he was a great speaker and was a great character"
"No fuck you"
"Fuck you"
"Get a room you two"
and then they fucked.

The fact that FO:E fags have successfully created something worse than the main brony fandom is just amazing. I'm not even being sarcastic like they seriously deserve an award.

CannonFodder

The fact that FO:E fags have successfully created something worse than the main brony fandom is just amazing. I'm not even being sarcastic like they seriously deserve an award.
You know it's kind of sad that the brony fandom is doubly screwed if you want to just hang out with normal people. You either have people from EqD who go around attacking sites and creating tumblr "movements" to, "keep pony pure" or you get groups like the FO:E community, that while they act nice upfront and around the main sites are kind of dicks to people who aren't that level of no-life they are, who are so underground that hipsters think you've gone too far. If you want to hang out with the "mainstream" bronies, but don't want to deal with people who think it's okay to harass artists just cause they draw something they don't like then you're screwed. If you want to hang out with the smaller groups yeah a lot of them are cool, but you'll probably hang out with a group that will chew your face off for disagreeing with them.

Brony communities in sites to avoid: EqD(Don't just don't), youtube bronies(Again just don't), DA bronies(Depends on the individual artist, but a lot of them are on soapboxes), Tumblr(again soapbox movements), furaffinity(. . Do I even need to say anything), the meme sites(Sites like knowyourmeme are notoriously hypocritical and notoriously hypocritical when they're on a soapbox), fimfiction has a ton of asskissers, etc.

It's no wonder why faust did a Q&A on /mlp/ and ponychan, cause while both sites have terrible things, they're not cringeworthy terrible. If she did a Q&A session with EqD or something the top comment would probably be, "It's a good thing she left the show" or something. . and yes that exact comment has several times on their site became the most popular comment when talking about Lauren pops up.

Tl:dr; Yeah I have to agree there, cause knowing all the problems with the fandom the fact they've actually managed to make something worse they do deserve a medal.

PastryOfApathy

Brony communities in sites to avoid: EqD(Don't just don't), youtube bronies(Again just don't), DA bronies(Depends on the individual artist, but a lot of them are on soapboxes), Tumblr(again soapbox movements), furaffinity(. . Do I even need to say anything), the meme sites(Sites like knowyourmeme are notoriously hypocritical and notoriously hypocritical when they're on a soapbox), fimfiction has a ton of asskissers, etc.

I'm pretty sure the main issue with most brony sites is that they're filled to the brim with horrible, horrible ass kissers and suck ups who refuse to acknowledge any kind of fault in anything. Also they're just naturally terrible so there's that too.

It's no wonder why faust did a Q&A on /mlp/ and ponychan, cause while both sites have terrible things, they're not cringeworthy terrible. If she did a Q&A session with EqD or something the top comment would probably be, "It's a good thing she left the show" or something. . and yes that exact comment has several times on their site became the most popular comment when talking about Lauren pops up.

I'm pretty sure one of the reason she went to /mlp/ was because she felt it was the place for the most honest criticism or something like that, she said it herself. She only went to ponychan (which is just as bad as the rest of them) because everyone whined that she went to "teh evul 4chins".

CannonFodder

I'm pretty sure the main issue with most brony sites is that they're filled to the brim with horrible, horrible ass kissers and suck ups who refuse to acknowledge any kind of fault in anything.
I have to agree with this on the premise of if it weren't true the shitstorm about twilight no longer being top waifu would have ended already instead of lasting ten months.
*pulls out megaphone from hammerspace
This is a public service reminder to people in general on the topic of the twilicorn drama that people are allowed to like different things and different characters and different episodes. If your waifu is no longer top waifu it's not a big deal. If you think it's a big deal cause she's no longer top waifu cause she's a princess don't blame the fans accusing people of "not being true fans", rather blame the princess stereotype perpetuated by disney and how it for decades portrayed women as frail things that want to find their prince so that they can do nothing and be a token wife. Also blame the stereotype perpetuated by disney that all queens are evil as to why there's no queen in mlp, except for chrysalis. This has been a public service reminder, thank you.

Last edited:

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

Brony communities in sites to avoid: EqD(Don't just don't), youtube bronies(Again just don't), DA bronies(Depends on the individual artist, but a lot of them are on soapboxes), Tumblr(again soapbox movements), furaffinity(. . Do I even need to say anything), the meme sites(Sites like knowyourmeme are notoriously hypocritical and notoriously hypocritical when they're on a soapbox), fimfiction has a ton of asskissers, etc..

So... avoid all of them?

Vukasin

Or, you know, go where ever you want and don't generalize groups of people by a loud minority.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

Or, you know, go where ever you want and don't generalize groups of people by a loud minority.

I'm being to think those who choose bird avis have more sense than others...whoops, generalization. ;3

CannonFodder

Oh boy here comes twilicorn drama again CHOO CHOO! This time arguing that Twilight hasn't become a mary sue
[YT]qnokGcoUOmE[/YT]
I have to massively disagree with this video in that most of the tv shows superman are in are massively uninteresting(except for superman: the animated series, that was pretty good) and that at times in movies and shows he has even stated how much he is holding back for fear of causing civilian casulties. Also dragonball z was massively over rated show. Superman and Goku are massively uninteresting characters most of the time and will never be as interesting of characters as Batman or Vegeta or such.

However that's neither here nor there. The problem saying that twilight sparkle isn't a mary sue is that twilight's major flaw now is that she's kind of stupid. She can teleport at will across a country at the blink of a eye(when she teleported them from the teenage dragons), can use the elements of harmony without the rest the elements of harmony themselves, and pretty much the biggest problem with her is that the villains always take advantage of her lack of foresight. An example is the season 3 opener; if Twilight had taken a second when in the crystal heart's chamber to go, ". . Wait a second. Sombra is a evil villain and evil villains tend to try to stop ponies from stopping them" and realized there was a trap.

I never liked Twilight from the get go of getting into the she, cause she's magically flawless.

Last edited:

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

Oh boy here comes twilicorn drama again CHOO CHOO! This time arguing that Twilight hasn't become a mary sue
[YT]qnokGcoUOmE[/YT]
I have to massively disagree with this video in that most of the tv shows superman are in are massively uninteresting(except for superman: the animated series, that was pretty good) and that at times in movies and shows he has even stated how much he is holding back for fear of causing civilian casulties. Also dragonball z was massively over rated show. Superman and Goku are massively uninteresting characters most of the time and will never be as interesting of characters as Batman or Vegeta or such.

However that's neither here nor there. The problem saying that twilight sparkle isn't a mary sue is that twilight's major flaw now is that she's kind of stupid. She can teleport at will across a country at the blink of a eye(when she teleported them from the teenage dragons), can use the elements of harmony without the rest the elements of harmony themselves, and pretty much the biggest problem with her is that the villains always take advantage of her lack of foresight. An example is the season 3 opener; if Twilight had taken a second when in the crystal heart's chamber to go, ". . Wait a second. Sombra is a evil villain and evil villains tend to try to stop ponies from stopping them" and realized there was a trap.

I never liked Twilight from the get go of getting into the she, cause she's magically flawless.

Well, initially, Twilight wasn't. Then the friendship thing overtook her. :T

Of course, we do get a little bookworm-like quality from her. Anyone remember when we brought up Monster High a few pages back? Well, the main character in that is a Mary Sue...more so than Twilight atleast.

And thank god, somebody said it about Dragonball Z. Goku may have been cool as a kid...but as the show changed...he didn't. And when you're a brainless halfwit in a dark series...that ain't good. In a lot of ways, I curse Dragonball Z for inspiring the likes of Naruto and One Piece. Yes, I loathe One Piece.

Although, I must disagree with you on one point CF: The Twilight being brainless part. I am not so deep into the fandom that I forget this is a kid's show and not some vision from God. The writers sometimes will overlook powers to increase drama. It's forgivable.

CannonFodder

Well, initially, Twilight wasn't. Then the friendship thing overtook her. :T

Of course, we do get a little bookworm-like quality from her. Anyone remember when we brought up Monster High a few pages back? Well, the main character in that is a Mary Sue...more so than Twilight atleast.

And thank god, somebody said it about Dragonball Z. Goku may have been cool as a kid...but as the show changed...he didn't. And when you're a brainless halfwit in a dark series...that ain't good. In a lot of ways, I curse Dragonball Z for inspiring the likes of Naruto and One Piece. Yes, I loathe One Piece.

Although, I must disagree with you on one point CF: The Twilight being brainless part. I am not so deep into the fandom that I forget this is a kid's show and not some vision from God. The writers sometimes will overlook powers to increase drama. It's forgivable.
I'm not saying she's intellectually stupid, rather she lacks common sense.

Personally I always found twilight to be massively overrated of a character, and never really understood why people liked her in the first place. She's just a average character.

Also no I don't find the show to be a gift from god and personally think it's a above average show; rather just cause someone watches a show doesn't mean they can't find certain creative writing element problems. . Now hold on I don't mean like how the SJW go, "ermagod zecora's racist! Ban derpy!", rather I mean, "The other characters are far more interesting than twilight is". (Also side note: My most favorite tv show EVAR is firefly)

Tl:dr; Twilight's been a overrated uninteresting mary sue since season 1; also I never liked Twilight to me she was the equivalent of Jar Jar Binks.

Last edited:

Conker

But...but I like teh Goku's! And Twilight. I don't like Twilicorn at all, but I like Twilight Sparkle as the straight man with some social retardation thrown in. She's overcome most of that through what I think is mostly logical character progression, but she's still kind of neurotic when it comes to a few things. She overthinks things.

She does have less flaws than the other characters, which IS a problem, but one I'm willing to overlook because kid's show.

CannonFodder

But...but I like teh Goku's! And Twilight. I don't like Twilicorn at all, but I like Twilight Sparkle as the straight man with some social retardation thrown in. She's overcome most of that through what I think is mostly logical character progression, but she's still kind of neurotic when it comes to a few things. She overthinks things.

She does have less flaws than the other characters, which IS a problem, but one I'm willing to overlook because kid's show.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious, cause if you're being sarcastic then you've mastered the ability of subtly making obvious sarcasm. My money is on sarcasm.

Conker

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious, cause if you're being sarcastic then you've mastered the ability of subtly making obvious sarcasm. My money is on sarcasm.
Super cerial I'm afraid. Goku might not be the most interesting character in Dragoball Z, but he's fun to root for and I'll gladly take that. Different shows require different expectations.

Vukasin

Personally I always found twilight to be massively overrated of a character, and never really understood why people liked her in the first place. She's just a average character.
Man, you need to chill. It's just a fun kids show with fun kids show characters. There's no such thing as an "overrated" character.

PastryOfApathy

Man, you need to chill. It's just a fun kids show with fun kids show characters. There's no such thing as an "overrated" character.

Little girls shows are serious business. God what kind of casual are you?

CannonFodder

You mean bronies like that guy that sent a angry message to kevinsano warning him to "stop drawing pictures of my wife" and how apparently the guy found a chapel that would let you marry fictional characters isn't worshiping a character too much?

I don't know about you, but this by twilight sparkle fans-
http://i.imgur.com/Q9b1YUK.png
is a little much.