• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

Cocobanana

Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

The show would improve if we got to learn about MLP biology. What does pony poo poo and pee pee look like?

Maugryph

Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

The show would improve if we got to learn about MLP biology. What does pony poo poo and pee pee look like?

The poop will most likely be jelly beans and twisters. The urine would be high fructose corn syrup

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

Haven't seen the newest episode yet, but the three we've gotten thus far have been pretty good. I really liked the opener. Different take than other openers, and the creepy cult place was pretty creepy.

The MLP comics of late could be better though. They're doing this FIENDship is Magic thing about villains, and the last one was kinda bad. One before that was alright, and actually really, really dark all things considered. But Tyrek. Newest one is about Nightmare Moon, so hopefully that'll be a keeper.

Koota

From the 3 or so episodes i have seen Fluttershy is the best.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

From the 3 or so episodes i have seen Fluttershy is the best.

For a submissive 50's wife, yes.

Rarity is the Queen. <3

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Haven't seen the newest episode yet, but the three we've gotten thus far have been pretty good. I really liked the opener. Different take than other openers, and the creepy cult place was pretty creepy.

The MLP comics of late could be better though. They're doing this FIENDship is Magic thing about villains, and the last one was kinda bad. One before that was alright, and actually really, really dark all things considered. But Tyrek. Newest one is about Nightmare Moon, so hopefully that'll be a keeper.

Sweet Celestia's frogs, yes. The comics started out so good with the Chrysalis and Nightmare Rarity arcs. But they have been going steadily downhill after that.
Though I suppose it's also an artist/writer issue. Somehow, the comics with art I can't stand are also the comics with a storyline I hate.

Rarity is the Queen. <3

Harshwhinny is best pony.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Conker

Finally got to the newest episode, which by tomrorow won't be the case. Fucking hell, best CMC episode ever. I've really grown to like those three, and this one was spot fucking on. I mean, I called the ending around the halfway mark, but the execution was great.

Sweet Celestia's frogs, yes. The comics started out so good with the Chrysalis and Nightmare Rarity arcs. But they have been going steadily downhill after that.
Though I suppose it's also an artist/writer issue. Somehow, the comics with art I can't stand are also the comics with a storyline I hate.
This has been a running theme in my reviews. I didn't even bother writing about the last comic since it was just bad and not in a fun way. Most are going that route. IDW is just pumping the motherfuckers out, once a week right now, and they've lost their charm and talent. It's a god damn shame, since there are some really, really good ones.

Applejack <3

I think I've said before, but it is so refreshing to see Applejack, Apple Bloom and their family as likeable characters who actually enjoy work.

It isn't even glamourous work, it's manual labour! The kind of work many people look down on as something only the poorest and desparate would do. But it's shown as rewarding, varied and a humble life outdoors. It isn't a 9-5 job they just forget about until the next day, it's a lifestyle. :3

Some bronies commenting under episodes are all "eww why is building a barn a fun thing?" kinda out themselves as either never having worked a day in their lives or cared about what they are/ others are doing while working.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF

Communist ponies was great. Season 5 premiere was a fun one.
The most recent episode I was worried I'd hate at first since I don't like CMC episodes, but it was actually pretty cool. 2deep4me.
Luna's voice sounded weird though.

Oh, and
Fluttershy>Twilight Sparkle>Rarity>Pinkie Pie>Rainbow Dash = Applejack

I guess spoiler

...so why are we getting a start of winter episode now?

Sylox

boi...chill out!

I enjoyed the episode. Wasn't one of those that made you say WOW!!!, but it held its own.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore

No one told me season 5 was out! D=

They should have hired people to knock on everyone's houses to let them know. It should've been on the news. There should've be billboards announcing it. I'm only just hearing about this now!

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza

So is anyone else agitated when a solo song has backup-singers of the same pony's voice actress?

Lenny

...so why are we getting a start of winter episode now?

Time flows strangely in Horseland; the original Winter Wrap Up episode aired just after Christmas. More remarkable to me is
the fact that there were no repercussions whatsoever for an act of domestic terrorism that leveled and/or flooded half a city and the land beneath it.
Such is the privilege of knowing royalty I suppose.

Time flows strangely in Horseland; the original Winter Wrap Up episode aired just after Christmas. More remarkable to me is
the fact that there were no repercussions whatsoever for an act of domestic terrorism that leveled and/or flooded half a city and the land beneath it.
Such is the privilege of knowing royalty I suppose.

The lesson was about accepting loss... so I guess they didn't want to put in another lesson about owning up to breaking stuff?

Yeah, kinda messed up to show a likeable children's character deliberately destroying something for her own gain, with no punishment. >>

Conker

Holy shit, "Tanks for the Memories" was such a great episode. Never thought I'd see the five stages of grief in an MLP ep, but here we are. Also dug the song. And the fun references to stuff, like the
"Whos on First" skit and "WINTER IS COMING!"
I had some mega laughs at both.

Derpy makes an appearance too. Glad to have her back.

And the bit at the end, with everyone
crying and Pinkie Pie going, "AJ cries on the inside" had me laughin' real hard as well. Some seriously well done comedy here

Oh sure, she didn't get in trouble for the domestic terrorism, but oh well. Only so much can be crammed into 20 minutes worth of stuff, and what we got was certainly fun as hell.

Sylox

boi...chill out!

We need a filler episode where Braeburn and Big Mac go on some wild adventure.

mcjoel

Pepmurrmint Fox