• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

8-bit

Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff?

Anyone like some of the fanon ideas? Like RD is actually Celestia's daughter "Frejya"? Or that Trixie is related to Twilight? Personally, I love that shit. :3

Krystal Harmonia

RAIN BO DAH!

Anyone like some of the fanon ideas? Like RD is actually Celestia's daughter "Frejya"? Or that Trixie is related to Twilight? Personally, I love that shit. :3

I have a pictures related to the Trixe/Twilight thing. I need to figure out how to post images from my hard drive to the forums, though. Help?

IkodoMoonstrife

On a whirlwind adventure!

Welp, time to give up hope for a good second season. Once Hot Topic gets ahold of something, it can only go downhill.

THIS ^

General-jwj

Prime Minister of Belgium

Welp, time to give up hope for a good second season. Once Hot Topic gets ahold of something, it can only go downhill.

I'll accord you political asylum in Belgium. There aren't any Hot Topics here so they can never stop MLP from being awesome >:3

C

cad

Never heard of the former. Where does it come from?

Trixie and Twilight being related doesn't really stick to me, honestly, thanks to all the shipping of them.

I like Scratchie's eyes being scarlet red. It fits so damn well.

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability

Yes, now that a merchandising company got ahold of MLP, it has nowhere to go but downhill. :V

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

No. Granted, this fandom is capable of putting out great work based on the source material, but I still stay away from fanfics and other ideas. If they aren't part of the canon, then there's no point to them. Hell, I've seen people hoping that Gilda/Trixie don't return because it would ruin some of the fanfiction. That idea to me, is just offensive. I'm not about to put someones fan idea over what the actual writers put out, even if the fan ideas turn out to be better.

Not to mention, half hte fan made shit is all shipping, which I've no interest in :V

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned

she is awesome. Her character backstory rocks too.

**edit... doesn't make much sense here-- this is a response to post 1642** hurrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

Next time, use the "Reply With Quote" button...

Tomias_Redford

Knight Of Time

Tomias_Redford

Knight Of Time

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

Sometimes I wonder why people take their enjoyment of this show to...interesting levels, and then I log into facebook and see the MLP post of the day is "enjoy your weekend everypony" and man, did that put a huge smile on my face.

/posthasnopoint

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death

I think some are possessed by this show, and people almost worship this show almost like a religion.

I do admit this show can be fun to watch tho some seem to take it to extremes.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified

I really hate that "Frejya" shit. For one it's name-rape of a norse god and the name and culture have NOTHING to do with ponies. In fact I don't think you could pick a culture that was more opposite of love and tolerance than old nordic tribes. Instead of love and tolerance it was murder, slavery, and pillaging. And the idea itself is just way too Mary Sue for me. Fanon ideas can be good, but not anything that is so Mary Sue-ish with giant plot holes. I think I read the first few pages of the fic that started this Frejya bullpucky and it has Twilight's dad as RD's dad and all sorts of WTF and general fuckery going on it. I actually can't read any of this pony fiction because most of it sounds like it was written by a middle schooler. The only one I sort of like is Brony Cray's "The Night That Never Ended" because it actually does go into more thought than "PONIEESSSS". It has each character's strength as their weakness and puts them under stress in a way that Vonnegut might have approved of if he was not dead and liked ponies.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned

I really hate that "Frejya" shit. For one it's name-rape of a norse god and the name and culture have NOTHING to do with ponies. In fact I don't think you could pick a culture that was more opposite of love and tolerance than old nordic tribes. Instead of love and tolerance it was murder, slavery, and pillaging. And the idea itself is just way too Mary Sue for me. Fanon ideas can be good, but not anything that is so Mary Sue-ish with giant plot holes. I think I read the first few pages of the fic that started this Frejya bullpucky and it has Twilight's dad as RD's dad and all sorts of WTF and general fuckery going on it. I actually can't read any of this pony fiction because most of it sounds like it was written by a middle schooler. The only one I sort of like is Brony Cray's "The Night That Never Ended" because it actually does go into more thought than "PONIEESSSS". It has each character's strength as their weakness and puts them under stress in a way that Vonnegut might have approved of if he was not dead and liked ponies.

This sounds like high praise for a fanfic...

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART

You come back to the forums and your first post is in the MLP thread |3

everyone, this would be my boyfriend~

also psst you should use the 'this' button for that kind of thing

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm