• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thread)

C

cad

Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

Incidentally, Prince Blueblood was supposed to be a duke, but how many little girls knows what a duke is?
And yes, Tia was supposed to be a queen, but since Disney has established that queens = evil and princesses = good, she was made a princess.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
Re: What is with all of this "My little pony" stuff? (The unofficial official MLP Thr

52639%20-%20animated%20rainbow_dash%20the_matrix.gif

T

Tewin Follow

Lauren Faust wanted to make her a queen but Hasbro said "no".

Hasbro only sees the money, bro.

I can't think of any cartoon or movie where the Queen is a major character without either being a massive bitch or loving (but personality-less) parent of the Princess!!1!!1!

wheelieotter

Everything works if you let it

From today's Equestria Daily : Something Broke: The Continuing Tale Of Pinkie Pie and Ponycide. Go listen to it. It is awesome, but kinda dark, like a pony version of Sweeney Todd.
Hmm, 'Pinkie Todd, The Demon Baker Of Sugarcube Corner'. I like the sound of that.

Last edited:

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

Everything else you mentioned is way too dark and complicated for this kind of cartoon. Sounds like things that would take far too long to explain when I'd rather see Pinkie Pie do some Looney Tunes antics instead. I could see them touching on something, but it wouldn't be very big and deep.

Yeah I guess so. I`ve been a 40k fan for too long, I see the grimdark in everything now. Even this colourful tale of friendship and magic. XD

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

Riavis

I've started the 2 hour buffering of episode 1 on this horrible connection to see what all this ruckus is about. Is it bad that I'm kind of looking forward to it?

Ariosto

Riavis: No.

Cannonfodder: it looks more like a typical G1 pony.

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!

Okay, I think I've just about had it with ponies. People: it's not that fucking great. I'm about to rip someone's larynx out.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk

Moe's has put a bit of MLP in a commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjZ3iNcQVLI

Too generic, I think. Also, UNSHORN FETLOCKS.

What would really be awesome is if Hasbro made an MLP:FIM spoof of the Budweiser Clydesdales-playing-football commercials later on this fall. On one team, QB Twilight Sparkle, halfback or wide receiver Rainbow Dash, and center and kicker or offensive tackle Apple Jack. On the other team, nose guard Rarity, linebacker Fluttershy, and who-knows-what-position Pinkie Pie.

Ariosto

Okay, I think I've just about had it with ponies. People: it's not that fucking great. I'm about to rip someone's larynx out.

Oh, someone is ANGRY.

I don't think it's super-duper-great either (I don't think ANYBODY here thinks that) but I enjoy it a lot. By-the-by, how many episodes have you seen?

Tiger In A Tie

Say what now?

...why would you post something like that here? Just because people like a show that you don't doesn't mean you can just come in here and insult everyone.

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion (as are we) but I don't think a post like that will really get you far. :x

SnowFox

Out of curiosity I tried looking up some of the old MLP series to compare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCG3ZSCbqr8

Oh my god, what a horrible annoying show with horrible annoying voices.

What kind of creepy name is "Baby Heart Throb". Were pedophiles the target audience?

It makes me like Friendship is Magic that much more.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen

:v

Ariosto

I used to watch the old My Little Pony when I was five. It has no nostalgia value for me.

Milo

yea... let me just point out that the last thing you want to do, is insult a fanbase even more hardcore than twihards.

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!

I'm just saying, it was likeable. Then it just got irritating to hear about it so much.
I admit, that was a little more harsh than I intended it to sound, my fault.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers

Then it just got irritating to hear about it so much.

So your perception of the show changed for the worse, because you heard a series of positive reviews? :v

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!

So your perception of the show changed for the worse, because you heard a series of positive reviews? :v
It's all I ever hear. From Facebook (yes, I have one, sue me) to family gatherings, and my friend has claimed he would eat out Rainbow Dash if he could. Seriously, it's just getting too much to handle. I'd like a change of pace.

Milo

I don't think the show is bad... at best, I found it somewhat entertaining and what-not. but the show became so popular, so fast, it makes krystal from starfox look like a fat chick that even furries won't touch

Ariosto

It's all I ever hear. From Facebook (yes, I have one, sue me) to family gatherings, and my friend has claimed he would eat out Rainbow Dash if he could. Seriously, it's just getting too much to handle. I'd like a change of pace.

If you can't defeat them, go with them :V

On the Old MLP: I don't know what to think of it. On one hand, it has something that FiM didn't: effective and threatening villains. Yet, all the ponies have about the same personality (read: almost none) and (even if it was the 70's/80's) the animation has not aged all that well. It can give the vibe of an adventurous fairy tale, but the technical aspects downplay it quite a bit. I know because I've watched Urusei Yatsura (an anime made in the 80's) and that show used its budget in far more creative and arresting ways (but that's what you get when your director is Mamoru Oshii). The original MLP is also lacking in the voice acting and music department (something at which FiM excels). Luckily, it's not too girly, but it's not tremendously entertaining or compelling either... I think it's a decent show, if only for its subplots, villains and fantastical elements.

Edit: I'm the second part of that episode and... God, these kids are too plot smart for my taste. And the show's budget limitations only hamper this even more. Plus, the plot-smartness damages all the pacing.

Edit 2: I just finished part 2. You know what? Fuck the old MLP.

Last edited:

Unsilenced

Mentlegen

The reason people are so enthusiastic about liking MLP is because it's unusual to like it. That's all.

People like feeling different like that.

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!

The reason people are so enthusiastic about liking MLP is because it's unusual to like it. That's all.

People like feeling different like that.
Not so unusual anymore.