• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is your earlist memory of playing videogames?

JakeSolow

Xeretius, The Gaming Tabby
Hey guys! ^^
So, just post either what your earlist memory of playing a videogame is or what your first game was, and tell whether or not you still play it and why.

To start it off:
My earlist video game memory is of playing Banjo-Kazooie on the N64 when I was about 4 years old. This was still so early in my life that I remember playing it in diapers ^^'
Today, I still play the game from time to time because of both the nostalgia and the game itself; Banjo-Kazooie is a masterpiece and if you haven't played it, I highly reccommend you do! It has incredible gameplay for the N64 and a wonderful and well-known soundtrack!

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I think it was Super Mario Bros. when I was 4.

Shetana

I was 4 playing Super Mario Brothers .
I can't get my mom to give me my NES back, but I do have the Wii and DS versions, so technically I still play it.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
2600, Pacman, Donkey Kong and Outlaw.

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
Tempest! My mom's friend had one of the arcarde machines in his rec room and I used to play the shit out of it when I was little. (4-5)

[yt]qNNZRKxdsNA[/yt]

For the first game I personally owned, Super Off Road for the NES, not only did I play the hell out of it when I was a little kid (4-8 or so), but I had the four player multitap thingie for NES so myself, my cousins, and some of the other kids in the neighborhood used to play it together alot.

[yt]-iKQIYK1AuI[/yt]

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
NES, Super Mario Bros. and N64, Ocarina of Time. I had to have been 5 maybe.

My aunt used to have a lot of game systems and she used to watch me so I'd play them whenever I was over at her house. And I'm pretty sure that's how I wound up with my N64 because then I wanted one.

Zydala

Kisses for everyone!
when I was three, killing mario on world 1-1, running into the first goomba

No joke, I didn't play video games for seven years after that, it scarred me so bad :V I would only play educational PC games after that

chocomage

Warlords on the atari. That was a good game. I would still play it if I could. When I was in college they had an atari arcade machine and I topped the scoreboard on it. Good times.

SirRob

Mega Man X. Maybe it's not the first, I'm not really sure-- I'm the youngest so we already had video games before I was born. It's definitely the most vivid experience for me, though. I remember I would watch my brother play it. One time I tried to play it by myself... The SNES was in the basement, and it was scary for me to go down there, but I did it for Mega Man. I almost beat it, but I lost to Sigma. It was pretty disappointing for me too, since it was one of the easiest games we had. It's funny, because I know all the secrets to that game, but I don't remember ever learning those secrets. It's like, I was exposed to them before I could even develop concrete memories.

Maolfunction

Resident Feline
Pretty darn good way to send the message that you want her to spend time with you, though.
That was not my intention. I couldn't read at the time and had no idea what I was doing when I was pressing buttons on the menu. I just wanted to play the game, and after a while, I got it to work.

My mother banned me from Zelda until I could read as a result. :v (Funnily, I picked up reading pretty quickly afterwards watching her play through it again so I had the game beat by the next year.)

SirRob

That was not my intention. I couldn't read at the time and had no idea what I was doing when I was pressing buttons on the menu. I just wanted to play the game, and after a while, I got it to work.

My mother banned me from Zelda until I could read as a result. :v (Funnily, I picked up reading pretty quickly afterwards watching her play through it again so I had the game beat by the next year.)
Oh man, that makes me wonder what I learned first, how to read or how to play video games. I'm sure it must've been the latter.

Twylyght

I think I was 4 or 5 yrs old. My mom took me to an arcade for the first time. I was too short to reach the control sticks on the cabinet, so she pulled up a chair for me to stand on. I think it was either Pacman or Galliga I was playing.

Distorted

It was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3 on the Sega Genesis with my brother. I think we were 5 and 4 years old. We would 2 player through the game all the time. I would ask my cousin to get us pass all the hard parts. Thankfully, she knew how to get through the Carnival zone.

My other cousins taught us how to play 2D fighters too. After getting our butts kicked at Street Fighter and Killer Instinct we finally managed to wrap our heads around combos and inputs. I never figured out how I did it, but I learned how to do ultra combos and my brother refused to play against me afterwards. It was awesome.

Teal

Squirrel
I remember playing the original legend of Zelda when I was around 4.

Something that's always stuck with me is hearing the music for level 9 for the first time.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Sometime before I was 10, I would play The first legend of zelda, mario, tetris and an avengers game on the regular nintendo.

Ramblik

Digital Wanderer
super Mario bros and megaman3 on NES
pacman and sokoban on some oooold black and White Screen no mouse pc

Matt Conner

I guess I'm the only one who started out on the PC! It was Age of Empires: Rise of Rome on my dad's ugly green computer when I was maybe six or seven~

Edit: or not! lrn 2 reed Matty

Last edited:

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Tetris and Super Mario on my Game Boy.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
I must have been about 4 when I played Pokemon Ruby on my Game Boy Advance. Still, I also remember playing the original Zoo Tycoon game a lot around that age.

TobyDingo

Pasties, Cider, Surfing.
My older sister and cousin helping me through Sonic 2, Toe Jam and Earl, World/Castle of illusion, Alex Kidd and other megadrive classics.